2019 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This makes no sense . The blood is liquid, malformation cannot happen.
But it can happen in the cells. Apparently in his case. Sickle cell disease.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
But it can happen in the cells. Apparently in his case. Sickle cell disease.

If that is his condition, it is more appropriate to call it a "blood disorder" than "blood malformation".

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If that is his condition, it is more appropriate to call it a "blood disorder" than "blood malformation".
Ok ok, I told you after my first comment what it’s, I don’t think it’s necessary to repeat it but if you read more about that disorder you will see that my first comments wasn’t so wrong as you like to point it

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No one is a doctor here. Why be a putz about it? It's unfortunate that Tsonga has it.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
No one is a doctor here. Why be a putz about it? It's unfortunate that Tsonga has it.
Sorry to be so nipicky, but I am a medical interpreter if you want to know.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry to be so nipicky, but I am a medical interpreter if you want to know.
So what is your interpretation of sickel cell, or take on how it might affect Tsonga?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
So what is your interpretation of sickel cell, or take on how it might affect Tsonga?

My first guess was he was just iron deficient which is easily fixed but there are articles saying iron helps and others saying it doesn't help for sickle cell and apparently bone marrow transplant or stem cell is the best potential cure according to some. Either that or EPO but hopefully he won't choose that option.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Happy 60th birthday to John McEnroe.
Yes, Happy Birthday to John McEnroe! I felt very tempted to make a rhyme to go with my Birthday greeting for him but know that not everyone likes poetry so I controlled myself. I also stopped myself from saying what I thought about him because I know I've done it to death already so although I never use 1 word where 1/2 a dozen will do I've kept things shorter than I normally do.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is a Deja Vu of 2011, Novak’s father said the same comment that year

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
sick Pouille pulled out of Acapulco
WC for Delpo in Acapulco

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Yep, I don’t think it will finished before 2020

I found this article which states:

The renovation of Roland Garros is entering its "money time" ahead of the start of the French Open in May, the head of the work at the venue said on Thursday.

The rebuilding of Court Philippe Chatrier started after the tournament last year and is due to be completed in April, with the addition of a retractable roof expected for 2020.

This year's French Open will run from May 26 until June 9, with Rafael Nadal and Simona Halep as defending champions.

"As we say in sport, we are in the 'money time'," said Gilles Jourdan, the head of Roland Garros' modernisation operations. "We have a little less than three months until it has to be delivered on April 15.

"We're not there yet, there's still three months of work, so we're not worried, but we're very, very focused."

The new 'greenhouse' court will be ready in time for the tournament, with the final renovations to finish in 2021.

Jourdan said that between 800 and 900 workers had been working "day and night" on the site.

The expected cost of the new Philippe Chatrier is 150 million euros ($170 million), with a total estimated budget of 360 million euros.

"There is no real surprise... we knew that anyway it would be tense at this time, it is a complicated and difficult phase, as it will be also next year," added Jourdan.

Tournament organisers are hoping the new Chatrier roof next year will allow them to start hosting night sessions similar to those at the Australian and US Opens.

Reactions: Carol

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So, we should have two Wimby's this year instead.
For your misfortune the Stadium is going to be ready though if they would play two WB it would be very interesting, Nadal probably would reach the second one less tired

Last edited:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
according to l'Equipe, they'll be ready for RG but I have my doubt about it...especially 'cause I know FFT !!

Reactions: tented

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Delpo pulled out of IW (knee problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.