2018 NBA Playoffs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Harden has been at a bricklayers convention all night and yet his team still has the lead late in the 4th

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pretty shocking. From up 2-1after a 40 point win and having a double digit lead in the 4th of game 4 to now facing elimination. Credit the Rocket's defense, they are holding GS to crazy low totals.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
haven't watched this last game yet, but what I saw in the Dubs previous loss was an inexplicable trend towards iso play. Their attack has become so Durant focussed and I don't see the same fluid off the ball movement that's worked so well for them. Seems to me the Dubs are losing this more than the Rockets are winning. They'll only have themselves to blame if that's what happens. I wouldn't mind a Rockets - Celtics match. It's not clear to me that the Rockets necessarily win that given how the Celtics would harass iso play

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
So is Lebron going to the Lakers?

No, at his age he is going to go to a team that has the potential to win rings right away. It's Philly or Houston and if Houston makes the finals I don't see him going there.

If this year teaches LeBron anything it's that his arrogance that he can win with anyone is a thing of the past. When it comes to him as GM it's hubris that is killing him this year and though I love watching the guy he is getting what he deserves here.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
haven't watched this last game yet, but what I saw in the Dubs previous loss was an inexplicable trend towards iso play. Their attack has become so Durant focussed and I don't see the same fluid off the ball movement that's worked so well for them. Seems to me the Dubs are losing this more than the Rockets are winning. They'll only have themselves to blame if that's what happens. I wouldn't mind a Rockets - Celtics match. It's not clear to me that the Rockets necessarily win that given how the Celtics would harass iso play

Chris Paul apparently is pretty hurt now (I didn't watch last night). If Houston somehow makes the final I think Boston beats them so I'm really hoping like hell GS can pull this off still.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Chris Paul apparently is pretty hurt now (I didn't watch last night). If Houston somehow makes the final I think Boston beats them so I'm really hoping like hell GS can pull this off still.
I take it you're not a Celtics fan? I have to say, I've loved the way they've played. I can't say that I have a specific team in basketball. I like how the Dubs play when they're at their best, but I also love the grit and fight the Celtics display. And it's a hell of a lot more fun watching a team posting up rather than shooting from miles away

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If you lived here you'd hate all teams from Massachusetts too. The Massholes I know are obnoxious and I automatically want their teams to lose. Celtics are taking advantage of an incredible opening, honestly the way it worked out I'm not sure the Bucks wouldn't be in a similar position if they had won that first series.

Boston barely beat a crappy Bucks team then feasted on poorly-coached babies and now are going against the epitome of a one man team and that one man is inexplicably exhausted.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder whether the Dubs will get away with this because of Chris Paul's injury. It could be Kawhi all over again..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
So is Lebron going to the Lakers?
I doubt it ..Houston would be a BETTER landing spot for him..as for da Dubs. CP3 , Gordon and parker are make da DUBS their prison bitches ..I would expect da Dubs to survive this series but all of them have been exposed as being soft and not being poised during crunch time.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder whether the Dubs will get away with this because of Chris Paul's injury. It could be Kawhi all over again..

Possibly but even if Paul was in and healthy I'd still have the Warriors as 50-50. Kawhi last year was interesting as the Warriors would've been down 1-0 on their home floor. Still think they win the series in 6 or 7 last year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I doubt it ..Houston would be a BETTER landing spot for him..as for da Dubs. CP3 , Gordon and parker are make da DUBS their prison bitches ..I would expect da Dubs to survive this series but all of them have been exposed as being soft and not being poised during crunch time.

They're slowing them down on defense which is very surprising. KD and Curry have not impressed. If you had one of those guys playing well every game this series would be over.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
They're slowing them down on defense which is very surprising. KD and Curry have not impressed. If you had one of those guys playing well every game this series would be over.
The Warriors let this last champion season go to their heads..too many commercials and etc..Now that they’re in dire straits, they have no choice but to Man up or Bitch out

Reactions: DarthFed

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
As expected, Cavs force G7. The Kang had 1/2 of their points tonight and played about 46 min. That's the only way they can win. He has to play like 48 min and score over 42 pts for them to have a chance

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
As expected, Cavs force G7. The Kang had 1/2 of their points tonight and played about 46 min. That's the only way they can win. He has to play like 48 min and score over 42 pts for them to have a chance

Boston lost the battle but short of winning that game this was the next best result, make LeBron play 46 minutes and have to completely drag his team to the finish line. He looked very tired early on in game 5 so if that happens again forget about it. Hoping the alien pulls it off but I got to favor Boston.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Pretty shocking. From up 2-1after a 40 point win and having a double digit lead in the 4th of game 4 to now facing elimination. Credit the Rocket's defense, they are holding GS to crazy low totals.
no EagleDollar 2nite

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
These are not the Dubs we've all come to know. It's not just the lack of ball movement, they are all settling for bad looks and missing some open looks that are nearly automatic. Their defense has sucked too, this is do or die and you give up 61 at home to a team without its 2nd best player. Ultimately this seems like a case where KD and Curry have gone ice cold at the same time in the playoffs.

I love Andre getting Iggy with it as much as you guys but his absence doesn't come close to explaining this.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I never said Iggy missing was the catalyst to this poor showing from the Dubs. If anything, I thought they would play better because they knew they had to fill a small gap.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hou won game 5 w/ the Beard almost MIA from the field. He could only play better this game and he knew he had too w/ Paul's absence. He has 22 at the half. It's likely to be a 40 pt affair by the end of the night