2018-2019 NBA Season

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Dude, look at Raptors. Fired the coach of the year, traded the all star and then traded fan favorite Valenciunas . Savage is not only good, it is necessary. Horford would be a killer addition to the Bucks.

Amen. Now if only we go back in time and not waste money on proven playoff choker Bledsoe. We'd have plenty of money to sign everyone else and bring in another shooter or other contributor. That move stunk, and chances are it was Bud putting the pressure on Horst. Acting on more information is better in almost all disciplines in life.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Slightly off topic: Zion...what do you guys see in him? Is he all that? I have not seen him enough I guess. When I watch highlights, I see a Vince Carter type of guy. Is he special?

I don't watch college at all really. But he looks pretty damn spectacular in highlights. Freak athleticism, only worry is 6'7 and 285 and he ain't built like the LeBron brick truck. Kind of wonder how his body will hold up.

He is definitely the most hyped athlete in this country since LeBron so that has to count for something.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't watch college at all really. But he looks pretty damn spectacular in highlights. Freak athleticism, only worry is 6'7 and 285 and he ain't built like the LeBron brick truck. Kind of wonder how his body will hold up.

He is definitely the most hyped athlete in this country since LeBron so that has to count for something.
I worry about that body type too. And bear in mind that he's going to bulk up naturally as he enters his prime years. If he's smart he'll get physio's to work with him to get that weight down. I can't see those knees surviving the punishment for long. RJ seems more of a long term bet to me..

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I worry about that body type too. And bear in mind that he's going to bulk up naturally as he enters his prime years. If he's smart he'll get physio's to work with him to get that weight down. I can't see those knees surviving the punishment for long. RJ seems more of a long term bet to me..

Back in the days I did watch college there was a fellow named Greg Oden. He was drafted #1 over Durant and having watched them in college I agreed with the decision. I'm not saying he'd have been anywhere near what KD ended up being but he'd have been an all star at least if he stayed healthy. You just never know when it comes to injuries.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Oden turned out to be the biggest NBA bust in recent years

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
So I am a great prospect and I want to play in the NBA but only for a certain team. So I do not declare myself eligible for the draft so another team cannot pick me. I go to Europe or something to play for a team for a year. And then the team I want to play for signs me as an undrafted player. Is this scenario possible or one has to actually declare eligibility for the draft?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
So I am a great prospect and I want to play in the NBA but only for a certain team. So I do not declare myself eligible for the draft so another team cannot pick me. I go to Europe or something to play for a team for a year. And then the team I want to play for signs me as an undrafted player. Is this scenario possible or one has to actually declare eligibility for the draft?

Good question. I honestly don't know. It feels like a lot of the European players come in undrafted but they often actually are drafted years before they play in the NBA. I think it'd be crazy if a talented 27 year old from Europe suddenly decides he wants to play in the NBA and he is not allowed to play until he's drafted. I mean, if he goes and tries out for a bunch of teams and takes an offer why should that not be allowed?

From the player's perspective coming out of college it is stupid. I'm going to risk injury for a year to make way less money in a different league just to possibly play for a certain team?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I thought they had to declare for the draft, but I'm not 100% on that. Will get the answer though and post here later.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Here's the answer:
upload_2019-6-20_21-51-55.png

And then there's this:
upload_2019-6-20_22-0-0.png

Sixty players are selected in each draft. No player may sign with the NBA until he has been eligible for at least one draft.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
And here's a little fun. Two different lists, but some overlapping.

The Ones Who Defied the Odds: Top 10 Undrafted NBA Players of All Time
  • Wesley Matthews. …
  • Raja Bell. ...
  • Jose Calderon. ...
  • Udonis Haslem. ...
  • Avery Johnson. ...
  • Brad Miller. ...
  • Bruce Bowen. ...
  • Ben Wallace. The unstoppable “Big Ben” was one of the most prolific rebounders the league has ever seen.
http://www.wruf.com/headlines/2017/12/19/ones-defied-odds-top-10-undrafted-nba-players-time/

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Here's the answer:
View attachment 2304

And then there's this:
View attachment 2305
Sixty players are selected in each draft. No player may sign with the NBA until he has been eligible for at least one draft.

Well done!

Kind of figured that was the case but also think there should be some changes soon. International game has gotten a lot bigger and if an NBA-ready guy in his mid 20's decides to come to the States in a few weeks he currently would have to sit out a full year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Wonder if it's the same for other sports particularly NFL? There's a million NFL players when you include practice squad. Did ALL those guys enter the draft at one point?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
KD was a monster again tonight, dropping 51 and making impossible shots. It was the most fun game I watched this year so far. Of course it would not have been that much fun if Raps lost but they came through in OT. Leonard and Siakam were amazing. Siakam is winning the most improved player award this year if he keeps going like this. He is a freak.

I was also thinking...who is the most likely player in the NBA to have a quadruple double right now? Only 4 was ever recorded. I think KD could do it. Maybe Westbrook with points, assists, rebounds and steals...What do you guys think?

Well, everyone had an idea as the season progressed but I called it in November :)

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
No big surprises. Nice night for Bucks even if undeserved. You'd think they'd done something this year but yeah yeah it is regular season awards. I still like Horst but he's on my radar after the reckless and retarded Bledsoe signing. That 18 mill a year would be enormous right now for players who can actually perform when it counts. And they'd let him walk and maybe go after one other good free agent