2018-2019 NBA Season

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry for @Murat Baslamisli but at least he didn't go to the Lakers. There is still some competitive balance, actually a lot of it in the West now. Lakers will of course be good but they are not going to have a good cast around LeBron and AD. Absolutely no bench though they did just add good shooting with Danny Green but they are still fairly deficient there too. Clippers of course will be good, possibly the favorites now in the West. Houston will be up there too and then Jazz and Nuggets can make things interesting but they are still probably behind the top 3 teams as of now though that can change with Houston trades that may still come about.

Kawhi going to LAC was obviously the best outcome for the Bucks. Now they have a much better chance in the East and still could have a solid chance vs. the West winner. If Kawhi went to the Lakers the league was over for a few years.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it’s going to be a disaster. The two highest useage rates in the league? If I was Eric Gordon I would flee

Last edited:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Houston is desperate and Harden and CP3 hate each other. Paul is pretty washed up at this point and he won't stay healthy for a full season. Regular season matters more for the Rockets than LA teams because they aren't beating either in a series without HCA, probably wouldn't beat either with it IMO. It's not a bad move for Houston

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm also seeing some rumblings that they will immediately look to trade Paul which makes sense as they are in total rebuild mode. And of course that means he could end up on the Lakers, big shock I know.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I have to think about other sports at the moment. This made me smile..

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What did I miss? What did he say?

The NBA planned this big exhibition/swing through China with LeBron and others.

On the eve of this, the GM of the Houston Rockets, Daryl Morley, tweeted something in support of the Hong Kong protesters. By the time the NBA players landed in China, there was intense fallout from the Chinese government /sponsors including cancelling some of the planned events.

Giving that it was an untenable situation that caught everyone unaware ( and admittedly the GM did have the most horrible- timing: why tweet just when your employer is pushing a big China junket with star players). LeBron said the GM was “ uneducated” speaking out without realizing the ramifications of his words.

The problem was it came out as self serving and hypocritical; don’t speak out on human rights/freedom if it bothers the country with which you have millions of dollars riding with. From a business POV I guess it made sense, but LeBron who will speak out about injustices he perceives at home, balked at someone supporting the Hong Kong protesters whose freedoms were being threatened.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The NBA planned this big exhibition/swing through China with LeBron and others.

On the eve of this, the GM of the Houston Rockets, Daryl Morley, tweeted something in support of the Hong Kong protesters. By the time the NBA players landed in China, there was intense fallout from the Chinese government /sponsors including cancelling some of the planned events.

Giving that it was an untenable situation that caught everyone unaware ( and admittedly the GM did have the most horrible- timing: why tweet just when your employer is pushing a big China junket with star players). LeBron said the GM was “ uneducated” speaking out without realizing the ramifications of his words.

The problem was it came out as self serving and hypocritical; don’t speak out on human rights/freedom if it bothers the country with which you have millions of dollars riding with. From a business POV I guess it made sense, but LeBron who will speak out about injustices he perceives at home, balked at someone supporting the Hong Kong protesters whose freedoms were being threatened.

Social media w/b the true demise of this world! It's bad enuf how it's utilized, the real killer's how fast people react to anything posted! :(