2017 ATP General News

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
Do you remember when we were discussing Bedene deciding to play for Britain? He has now changed back to Slovenia. I guess he thinks Slovenia sounds better than Britain nowadays because American first lady is from there. ;)

Speaking of Melanija, she was born in the same country where I was born.

IIRC he switched back because the ITF won't let him play in the Olympics for GB (if he qualifies) because he'd previously played Davis Cup for Slovenia.. Should have thought about that when he was applying for British citizenship.

Reactions: Mastoor

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
IIRC he switched back because the ITF won't let him play in the Olympics for GB (if he qualifies) because he'd previously played Davis Cup for Slovenia.. Should have thought about that when he was applying for British citizenship.

Well he could always hope Slovenia declares war and takes over GB; that could get him around the rule! :whistle: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Reactions: Mastoor

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Someone mentioned Verdasco married recently. Are you aware that his wife's sister in law is Anna Kournikova who has just got twins?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The future Miami Open 2019 out of Key Biscayne

miamiopen4

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is why Monfils doesn´t get better results and gets so many injuries o_O

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
That's nothing as he at least landed on his feet. He's known to do mad jumps and dives and fall over badly.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
We've already discussed the possibility of why, but it's being denied by all concerned! I still call Xisca his "beard!" :whistle: :eek: :oops: :rolleyes:
He will get married and kids when he will retire (very smart decision) but others only can have kids through 'vitro fertilization'.......

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Another view of the future Miami Open

r304733_774x435_16-9.jpg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is why Monfils doesn´t get better results and gets so many injuries o_O

Because He is a Clown.. I have tried to defend him thinking he was having maturity problems ,, But after what he pulled at the US Open vs Novak.. He doesn’t want to be a grand slam champion..Most folks on this board look for a real fighter combined with the talent and desire to always compete at the highest level.. I find a clown who can perform these circus tricks on a ton of tennis courts across the USA.

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He will get married and kids when he will retire (very smart decision) but others only can have kids through 'vitro fertilization'.......
My only comment is that when you have your kids when you are younger it provides ample time to have more fun with them ..

Reactions: Fiero425

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My only comment is that when you have your kids when you are younger it provides ample time to have more fun with them ..
Depending the job of each one but for tennis players that have to play all around the world during the whole year I don't think they have too much time to have fun with their kids. Anyway for a man to get married at 34 or 36 years old is not too late, I think it's the perfect age

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
We've already discussed the possibility of why, but it's being denied by all concerned! I still call Xisca his "beard!" :whistle: :eek: :oops: :rolleyes:

OK...I shouldn't laugh at this...but I did...and then I thought of this photo...Mr. Metrosexual throwing down hsi fuscia beach look...

CHLUHuNWQAAbynf.jpg

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions

Seriously...did you just mock the pain of couples who can't conceive naturally to take a pot shot at a stupid unfounded rumor about Roger's and Mirka's 2 sets of twins? Crikey...this a new low even for a Nadal fan... .

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Seriously...did you just mock the pain of couples who can't conceive naturally to take a pot shot at a stupid unfounded rumor about Roger's and Mirka's 2 sets of twins? Crikey...this a new low even for a Nadal fan... .
Hmmm, why do you think that I was talking about Federer....do you know something else about it?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I rather to see a man in pink than with heels......