2016 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
When both Moya and Rafa were playing and when Rafa was at the early stages of his career Rafa kind of looked up to Moya and Moya kind of mentored him. So, this is not like a throwing in some new person arbitrarily into the mix. Moya will seamlessly blend into the team and there will not be any ego clashes. Having said that, whether Moya has coaching talents is something that remains to be seen though.

It was TIME for something new to his team.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
I have an assumption. All the Rafa fans here know what I said about this partnership. And it has all the potential in the world be very successful. However, there is a second side to the coin. Seeing as Nadal needs more of a technical coach to work on his serve and reduce the rpm on the forehand side, I don't know if Moya has enough techinal knowledge to pull it off. But it will definitely motivate Nadal tremendously, that I can guarantee.
We also have to think about Rafa's choking in a big number of matches. If he is in the lead, he chokes away the advantage. If he is losing, he gets irritated and loses the set even worse than he normally would, like 6-1 or 6-2. It's horrible.
These 3 aspetcts are all Rafa has to think of. If he can fix 2 out of 3, he will be a force to reckon with once again.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Puppet Master said:
I have an assumption. All the Rafa fans here know what I said about this partnership. And it has all the potential in the world be very successful. However, there is a second side to the coin. Seeing as Nadal needs more of a technical coach to work on his serve and reduce the rpm on the forehand side, I don't know if Moya has enough techinal knowledge to pull it off. But it will definitely motivate Nadal tremendously, that I can guarantee.
We also have to think about Rafa's choking in a big number of matches. If he is in the lead, he chokes away the advantage. If he is losing, he gets irritated and loses the set even worse than he normally would, like 6-1 or 6-2. It's horrible.
These 3 aspetcts are all Rafa has to think of. If he can fix 2 out of 3, he will be a force to reckon with once again.

Same as I stated to Kieran , Becker or Lendl wasn't thought of previously as be technical coaches but they have proved to be very good technicians. Guys like McEnroe, Chang and Edberg most tennis fans think them as cerebral thinkers. There must be something about Moya that Toni and team sees. Rafa is an unorthodox tennis player but has all the shots but the serve is his Achilles heel. Who knows they still may bring a serving consultant, this is why I lobbied for McEnroe who may be added as a consultant if the tennis Gods permit. (Remember Mac and Carlos worked together with Milos but that may be way too many chiefs in the tempe).

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Taylor Fritz'll be dad in 2017, congrats to him

Status
Not open for further replies.