Not open for further replies.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Puppet Master said:
mrzz said:
Murray should in fact be worried. I remember him this year in the brink of being ousted in the first round of a slam by Stepanek.

At RG no less... crazy man this Murray. He is such a clown. Ultimately, that match and the match against Mathias Bourge or whatever his name is, are what cost him the RG title whether people like to admit it or not. He was playing the best clay tennis of his life, beat the hell out of Wawrinka and took the first set almost effortlessly in the final but he got tired quickly, his shots had no pace and before you know it he was 2 sets do 1 down. Worst GS final in the history of tennis.
That's kids, what happens when you spend circa 18 hours on court in 6 matches.

This is why I have almost no respect for the game of Murray! It's like Nadal in that they get into early round battles with "also-rans," then by the time the final arrives, "they're done!" Murray was playing scary good and probably should have taken the match! I keep thinking that Qatar was the last time Nole played out of his mind great and just annihilated Nadal in the final! I'm watching Rome on tape and that same passion was there during their QF! It's obvious Nole misses his real "arch rival!" It isn't Murray who's his contemporary; sorta like Borg/McEnroe! John was "all at sea" for a couple years after Borg retired! He eventually turned it around on Lendl and Connors! Djokovic misses Rafa who brought forth another level we haven't seen since May! Even winning the FO was lackluster; Murray donating it at the end! I hope Djokovic can turn it around by the AO! If he goes down in flames there, it might be "game, set, match; burnout!" Martina's excellence for so many years finally caught up with her only making finals of majors and going over 2 seasons without a win ('90 W)! :nono :cover :rolleyes:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
I take this to be a sign that Pete is finally getting hungry to return to the game:

Now, I'm not just saying it now, because I've said it several times before, but I think Pete would be the perfect fit for Nick, if Nick is ready to listen to anybody. A flawless pedigree as one of the games great sportsmen, as well as the greatest player of his time, and among the few greatest of all time, Nick could only benefit from having Sampras leak a few pearls of consolation and encouragement, as well as his peerless strategic nous and ability to hone the various matters of the game down to only the most serious of all: undistracted pursuit of excellence.

The only mystery that now remains is this: the article was dated 17 November: has Nick placed the call yet?

Maybe I am the only who see this but Nick isn't coachable. Nick has some bipolar disorders and he doesn't respect the game to listen to Sampras.

Nick's considering Philippoussi's offer to coach him,
Is Mark P gonna hold Nick's bottle of bipolar meds for him in the stands? If not Nick's results will be the same. He can't hold it together for two weeks or for the endurance of a very lengthy match.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Puppet Master said:
mrzz said:
Murray should in fact be worried. I remember him this year in the brink of being ousted in the first round of a slam by Stepanek.

At RG no less... crazy man this Murray. He is such a clown. Ultimately, that match and the match against Mathias Bourge or whatever his name is, are what cost him the RG title whether people like to admit it or not. He was playing the best clay tennis of his life, beat the hell out of Wawrinka and took the first set almost effortlessly in the final but he got tired quickly, his shots had no pace and before you know it he was 2 sets do 1 down. Worst GS final in the history of tennis.
That's kids, what happens when you spend circa 18 hours on court in 6 matches.

This is why I have almost no respect for the game of Murray! It's like Nadal in that they get into early round battles with "also-rans," then by the time the final arrives, "they're done!" Murray was playing scary good and probably should have taken the match! I keep thinking that Qatar was the last time Nole played out of his mind great and just annihilated Nadal in the final! I'm watching Rome on tape and that same passion was there during their QF! It's obvious Nole misses his real "arch rival!" It isn't Murray who's his contemporary; sorta like Borg/McEnroe! John was "all at sea" for a couple years after Borg retired! He eventually turned it around on Lendl and Connors! Djokovic misses Rafa who brought forth another level we haven't seen since May! Even winning the FO was lackluster; Murray donating it at the end! I hope Djokovic can turn it around by the AO! If he goes down in flames there, it might be "game, set, match; burnout!" Martina's excellence for so many years finally caught up with her only making finals of majors and going over 2 seasons without a win ('90 W)! :nono :cover :rolleyes:
Good point Fiero, Novak misses the real Rafa..Becker eluded to that point with his exiting. However, regardless of if he has been injured or not, Rafa's hasn't changed his match tactics vs Novak..All due respect Novak's wife could coach him vs Nadal these days and the results will be the same, IMO.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the Fog and Flavia are expecting, congrats to them

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:
1972Murat said:
Milos: "Thank you to Carlos Moya for helping me tremendously this year, alongside my team, to get the best out of me. Under Carlos' direction and tutelage I have played my best yet to date. We will no longer be continuing our coaching relationship but remain close friends. I wish him all the best."

Maybe it's Time to go help out his good buddy and fellow Spaniard, Nadal

You sure? Moya might not particularly care for Nadal either! :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes: :p :ras:

According to L'Equipe, Moya's joining Nadal team

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
isabelle said:
Fiero425 said:
You sure? Moya might not particularly care for Nadal either! :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes: :p :ras:

According to L'Equipe, Moya's joining Nadal team

FINALLY :clap
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/17/rafael-nadal-carlos-moya-tennis-roger-federer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
Good friend, good player. Good for Rafa

Sent from my Titanium Octane using Tapatalk

Good for Rafa, No! How about good for his fans like Carol,PuppetMaster,Tennisman,myself and others excluding Kieran whom I am convinced is Toni Nadal:laydownlaughing

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
A new coach was needed to get new perspectives. But, I am not sure how well Toni and Moya are going to work together. Let's hope there will be no ego issues. I am only speculating. I know nothing.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
A new coach was needed to get new perspectives. But, I am not sure how well Toni and Moya are going to work together. Let's hope there will be no ego issues. I am only speculating. I know nothing.

I doubt there will be ego problems because according to the article , Toni reached out to Moya.. I think there is #1 common goal,GET RAFA BACK ON TRACK TO WIN GRAND SLAMS. Moya believes in Rafa and knowing that a former top player like Moya has the utmost confidence in Rafa is paramount. Unlike, Federer or even Novak, Rafa is a bit fragile in the confidence these days.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
shivashish said:

Good for Rafa, No! How about good for his fans like Carol,PuppetMaster,Tennisman,myself and others excluding Kieran whom I am convinced is Toni Nadal:laydownlaughing

Aha, but isn't this a lot different to calling in any halfwit and allocating them a cushioned seat in the players box? You wanted McEnroe (who chose to sit in an American TV box while Raonic played the Wimbledon final) and Becker, whose role in Novak's team is still a complete mystery to anyone who's watched the sport a long time. Moya is a classy man, utterly suited to the role of being in Rafa's corner. He's not an egotist or a media-junkie vulgarian.

Having said that, it's hard to know what he'll add. He seems to be employed to help out at the Academy too, so I'm not sure what that adds to Rafa's chances in slams. Toni is the man! Thankfully he's the one who's leading the team... ;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:

There shouldn't be ego issues, though it's a good point to bring up. As I said above Moya isn't some ego-flake like Mac, or Becker. He's solid - and he's already a long time insider with the Nadals, including Toni. Toni always does what's best for Rafa, so we have to believe this will work. If a personality clash arose, Toni would be humble enough to step aside if it improved Rafa's chances - or else he'd do the noble thing, and fire Carlos... :snicker

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:
shivashish said:

Aha, but isn't this a lot different to calling in any halfwit and allocating them a cushioned seat in the players box? You wanted McEnroe (who chose to sit in an American TV box while Raonic played the Wimbledon final) and Becker, whose role in Novak's team is still a complete mystery to anyone who's watched the sport a long time. Moya is a classy man, utterly suited to the role of being in Rafa's corner. He's not an egotist or a media-junkie vulgarian.

Having said that, it's hard to know what he'll add. He seems to be employed to help out at the Academy too, so I'm not sure what that adds to Rafa's chances in slams. Toni is the man! Thankfully he's the one who's leading the team... ;)

so I'm not sure what that adds to Rafa's chances in slams.

I don't understand what you mean you are not sure.. Was anyone sure if Lendl/Murray or Becker/Djoker relationships would work..No... The importance of adding a new coach is having a fresh set of eyes to provide a different perspective. Just as in any business organization, adding to a team is just a way to approach business in a different manor to continue to be competitive.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
When both Moya and Rafa were playing and when Rafa was at the early stages of his career Rafa kind of looked up to Moya and Moya kind of mentored him. So, this is not like a throwing in some new person arbitrarily into the mix. Moya will seamlessly blend into the team and there will not be any ego clashes. Having said that, whether Moya has coaching talents is something that remains to be seen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.