Not open for further replies.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
1972Murat said:
Milos: "Thank you to Carlos Moya for helping me tremendously this year, alongside my team, to get the best out of me. Under Carlos' direction and tutelage I have played my best yet to date. We will no longer be continuing our coaching relationship but remain close friends. I wish him all the best."

Maybe it's Time to go help out his good buddy and fellow Spaniard, Nadal

You sure? Moya might not particularly care for Nadal either! :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes: :p :ras:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:
1972Murat said:
Milos: "Thank you to Carlos Moya for helping me tremendously this year, alongside my team, to get the best out of me. Under Carlos' direction and tutelage I have played my best yet to date. We will no longer be continuing our coaching relationship but remain close friends. I wish him all the best."

Maybe it's Time to go help out his good buddy and fellow Spaniard, Nadal

You sure? Moya might not particularly care for Nadal either! :angel: :dodgy: :rolleyes: :p :ras:

Moya was Rafa's ATP mentor..he recently attended Rafa's academy grand opening..however I don't know any one one the current tour that knows their current relationship

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
El Dude said:
Interesting. Clearly Roger and Rafa have a certain cachet that Novak and Andy haven't been able to match.

What I'm really hoping for is a revival of American men's tennis. If Fritz and Tiafoe can become stars, it will do a lot to boost men's tennis in the USA, which should in turn boost overall popularity. Otherwise tennis could spiral down into a "second tier" sport like rugby or cricket in terms of global popularity.

You are going overboard, that will never happen. Tennis is a global sport, rugby and cricket never were and never will be.
No matter how much hit the popularity of tennis will get when those two retire, the sport will be OK. I am sure about it.
I know some on this board will also retire along with them.:cool:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
El Dude said:
Interesting. Clearly Roger and Rafa have a certain cachet that Novak and Andy haven't been able to match.

What I'm really hoping for is a revival of American men's tennis. If Fritz and Tiafoe can become stars, it will do a lot to boost men's tennis in the USA, which should in turn boost overall popularity. Otherwise tennis could spiral down into a "second tier" sport like rugby or cricket in terms of global popularity.

You are going overboard, that will never happen. Tennis is a global sport, rugby and cricket never were and never will be.
No matter how much hit the popularity of tennis will get when those two retire, the sport will be OK. I am sure about it.
I know some on this board will also retire along with them.:cool:

Soccer's the most popular sport internationally, but it still hasn't caught on here in the US as a spectator sport; even when we've won! :nono :cover :rolleyes: :eyepop

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
No2e fans trembling in their boots: [SHOCKING]
Novak and Boris decided to part ways, ending their give or take 3 year partnership from hell, in which he denied mostly Fed and Murray from further greatness and denying Nadal numerous masters titles.
It's on his Facebook page if you won't take my word for it.
Unofficially, Novak offered him a contract but Becker was furious with Pepe and doesn't want to work with either of them anymore.
In spite of all this, Novak even made a vague claim about reducing his schedule, and winning/trying to win less.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That is not good news for Novak fans. It is not as much that he's parting ways with Becker, but seemingly Novak's whole attitude and his relationship with this Pepe character. Who knows, maybe he'll attain enlightenment and win 10 more Slams. But it seems to me that being a champion isn't about being enlightened, or a rabid stress case, but finding the balance between the two - being able to be fully present in moments of high tension and hold one's cool.

Hmm...that kind of sounds like Novak in 2015...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Puppet Master said:
No2e fans trembling in their boots: [SHOCKING]
Novak and Boris decided to part ways, ending their give or take 3 year partnership from hell, in which he denied mostly Fed and Murray from further greatness and denying Nadal numerous masters titles.
It's on his Facebook page if you won't take my word for it.
Unofficially, Novak offered him a contract but Becker was furious with Pepe and doesn't want to work with either of them anymore.
In spite of all this, Novak even made a vague claim about reducing his schedule, and winning/trying to win less.
Since Dec 2013, Djokovic /Becker 6 grand slams....Rafa/Toni Nadal 1 grand slam :nono

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/18217309/rafael-nadal-says-nick-kyrgios-win-grand-slam-become-world-no-1

It looks like Nadal has words of praise for Nick Kyrgios and other stars of the NextGen. He points out Kokkinakis, Kyrgios and Zverev. As for Kyrgios, he expects him to reach world no. 1 and win slams. What say?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/18217309/rafael-nadal-says-nick-kyrgios-win-grand-slam-become-world-no-1

It looks like Nadal has words of praise for Nick Kyrgios and other stars of the NextGen. He points out Kokkinakis, Kyrgios and Zverev. As for Kyrgios, he expects him to reach world no. 1 and win slams. What say?

Rafa's faced Nick when Nick was relatively unknown, and filled with great fire. He knows what that kid can do. But Rafa also said Nick has to get his act together, or words to that effect. He was generous about the youngsters, but why shouldn't he be? They're filled with potential at the minute, and haven't yet reached the letdown, win nothing phase of the Missing Link generation of Grigor, Kei, Milos, etc...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
shivashish said:

Rafa's faced Nick when Nick was relatively unknown, and filled with great fire. He knows what that kid can do. But Rafa also said Nick has to get his act together, or words to that effect. He was generous about the youngsters, but why shouldn't he be? They're filled with potential at the minute, and haven't yet reached the letdown, win nothing phase of the Missing Link generation of Grigor, Kei, Milos, etc...

Sampras never talked as much as Rafa does or maybe it was a different era back in Pete's time.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
shivashish said:

Sampras never talked as much as Rafa does or maybe it was a different era back in Pete's time.

Whenever he was asked, Pete was always polite about fellow players though, including aqll the top players since he retired...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I take this to be a sign that Pete is finally getting hungry to return to the game:

Asked by Champions Tour website, if he'd like to be approached by any current player to be their coach, Sampras replied he would be interested in coaching any young player, but particularly Nick Kyrgios: 'He would be a challenge and you’d have to try and get through to him, but he’s one of the most talented players on the tour. He’s someone I’d be curious to talk to. Grigor Dimitrov is also another talented player who I feel I could help.'

Now, I'm not just saying it now, because I've said it several times before, but I think Pete would be the perfect fit for Nick, if Nick is ready to listen to anybody. A flawless pedigree as one of the games great sportsmen, as well as the greatest player of his time, and among the few greatest of all time, Nick could only benefit from having Sampras leak a few pearls of consolation and encouragement, as well as his peerless strategic nous and ability to hone the various matters of the game down to only the most serious of all: undistracted pursuit of excellence.

The only mystery that now remains is this: the article was dated 17 November: has Nick placed the call yet?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I take this to be a sign that Pete is finally getting hungry to return to the game:

Asked by Champions Tour website, if he'd like to be approached by any current player to be their coach, Sampras replied he would be interested in coaching any young player, but particularly Nick Kyrgios: 'He would be a challenge and you’d have to try and get through to him, but he’s one of the most talented players on the tour. He’s someone I’d be curious to talk to. Grigor Dimitrov is also another talented player who I feel I could help.'

Now, I'm not just saying it now, because I've said it several times before, but I think Pete would be the perfect fit for Nick, if Nick is ready to listen to anybody. A flawless pedigree as one of the games great sportsmen, as well as the greatest player of his time, and among the few greatest of all time, Nick could only benefit from having Sampras leak a few pearls of consolation and encouragement, as well as his peerless strategic nous and ability to hone the various matters of the game down to only the most serious of all: undistracted pursuit of excellence.

The only mystery that now remains is this: the article was dated 17 November: has Nick placed the call yet?

Maybe I am the only who see this but Nick isn't coachable. Nick has some bipolar disorders and he doesn't respect the game to listen to Sampras.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

Maybe I am the only who see this but Nick isn't coachable. Nick has some bipolar disorders and he doesn't respect the game to listen to Sampras.

Nick is immature and stupid, and he's gained a million bad habits - but if he takes 5 minutes away from Twitter and gaming, and studies the sport to even a shallow depth, he'll ring Pete pronto and start getting ready for 2017.

Pete would get through to this kid, I have no doubt about it...

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Here´s something interesting that it is circulating here in south america and maybe haven ´t yet reached the northern hemisphere:

Chilean newspapers are saying that Marcelo Rios will coach Tommy Haas in his scheduled return in AO 2017.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
mrzz said:
Here´s something interesting that it is circulating here in south america and maybe haven ´t yet reached the northern hemisphere:

Chilean newspapers are saying that Marcelo Rios will coach Tommy Haas in his scheduled return in AO 2017.

Murray, No2e, Rafa and Fed trembling in their boots. The others have just given up.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Murray should in fact be worried. I remember him this year in the brink of being ousted in the first round of a slam by Stepanek.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
mrzz said:
Murray should in fact be worried. I remember him this year in the brink of being ousted in the first round of a slam by Stepanek.

At RG no less... crazy man this Murray. He is such a clown. Ultimately, that match and the match against Mathias Bourge or whatever his name is, are what cost him the RG title whether people like to admit it or not. He was playing the best clay tennis of his life, beat the hell out of Wawrinka and took the first set almost effortlessly in the final but he got tired quickly, his shots had no pace and before you know it he was 2 sets do 1 down. Worst GS final in the history of tennis.
That's kids, what happens when you spend circa 18 hours on court in 6 matches.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Murray will be fine being the number 1 player in the world. He will not dominate the tour like the last three number 1 players before him, but at the same time he won't lose early in the tournament especially in Slams. Having Lendl in his corner will help him stay focus, if he ever gets in a slump.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

Nick's considering Philippoussi's offer to coach him,

Status
Not open for further replies.