2015 French Open Final: S. Williams vs. Safarova

Who takes it all?

• Total voters

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
there will never be another Jameka Williams

Congrats Serena , way to fight through it and persevere..btw who was Jameka Williams

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:
there will never be another Jameka Williams

Congrats Serena , way to fight through it and persevere..btw who was Jameka Williams
Serena s middle name is Jameka..

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ok now that it is over, what was the match of the tournament. I actually preferred the Vika/Serena match or the Serena/Sloane match. I was pleased to see Sloane maintain her level throughout a match even if she lost.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just woke, with thoughts of Serena No. 20 racing through my head. So much like the 2012 Wimbledon final. What great fight we saw from Serena during this tournament. She's halfway to a calendar Grand Slam and only one Wimbledon away from another Serena Slam. Truly amazing.

But could have done without all the swearing on court. :dodgy: Just furious with herself I guess.

Only 2 slams behind Graf. Court has the record, but she has a lot of cheap Australian titles. Would be fun to watch her get to 25 though. That would end the women's talk of GOAT for all eternity, no? (Arrgh. Been reading too many Nadal threads)

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't like to hear athletes swear either, but we all get caught up in a moment at some point and unleash.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
From Twitter:

Siva ‏@ptenisnet 7m7 minutes ago
Yeah yeah, triple crown and all, but did he have the flu? That's what I want to know.

Andrew Burton ‏@burtonad 1m1 minute ago
@ptenisnet That horse was dropping f-bombs down the home stretch like you would not believe.

:lolz:

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
From Twitter:

Yeah yeah, triple crown and all, but did he have the flu? That's what I want to know.

@ptenisnet That horse was dropping f-bombs down the home stretch like you would not believe.

:laydownlaughing

all we need not is for Nole to win tomorrow and we would have Serena, Nole and the horse.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
special700 said:
Kirijax said:
From Twitter:

:laydownlaughing

all we need not is for Nole to win tomorrow and we would have Serena, Nole and the horse.

lmaoooo. never understood what the big deal about those horse races anyway. just another way to gamble for rich ppl smh

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Ok now that it is over, what was the match of the tournament. I actually preferred the Vika/Serena match or the Serena/Sloane match. I was pleased to see Sloane maintain her level throughout a match even if she lost.

Absolutely not. Serena's SF with Timea is the most important match among the seven matches that Serena played for several and obvious reasons (even without worrying about comparing to other matches not involving Serena).

1. Serena was extremely sick that day, lot more and obviously compared to today.

2. She had to come back from a set and a break down to win it.

3. That was a lot cleaner game (just check the UFE and winners of the two matches).

4. Timea is more intelligent player than Lucie, even though she is ranked below Lucie.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched ESPN's Sports Center today wanting to see the news about Serena on old fashioned TV.
They started with some stupid horse and went on for 15 minutes, then they talked about Stanley cup second match for about 10 minutes and then about some baseball games for another 10 minutes before finally getting to Serena. They barely managed to talk about Serena's victory today before Tiger's worst ever performance. :snicker

Ok, fine. When they get to it what do they do. They say Serena defeated Lucie Sharapova :cover

Yes, ESPN you are the Grandslam Channel. :laydownlaughing

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Most American sports shows are a joke. It's quite liberating to live in a country where they don't dictate what I want to like.

When you really think about it, the NFL/NBA draft show that they do and all the build up to it is far and beyond the dumbest and most degrading thing they do.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Most American sports shows are a joke. It's quite liberating to live in a country where they don't dictate what I want to like.

When you really think about it, the NFL/NBA draft show that they do and all the build up to it is far and beyond the dumbest and most degrading thing they do.

no idea what you mean by the last line and am probably happy about it :D

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

Absolutely not. Serena's SF with Timea is the most important match among the seven matches that Serena played for several and obvious reasons (even without worrying about comparing to other matches not involving Serena).

1. Serena was extremely sick that day, lot more and obviously compared to today.

2. She had to come back from a set and a break down to win it.

3. That was a lot cleaner game (just check the UFE and winners of the two matches).

4. Timea is more intelligent player than Lucie, even though she is ranked below Lucie.

Wow, it was just my opinion calm down. I am glad you found something in that match. I didn't. I enjoyed the dynamics of the Vika and Stephens matches a lot more than I did the Timea match. Serena played a clean match against Vika. It was just that she was getting outclassed by Vika during the first part of it. She ended up with double the winners to unforced errors.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Safarova wins the doubles title with Matte-Sands! Nice consolation prize! What a tournament for both of them. Sands won the mixed doubles title with Mike....I forget his last name.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the french crowd is not feeling Djokovic

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Serena has always toyed with Vika ..gives her false hope then crash her dreams..16-3.Sloane at 22yrs no title what kind of champion is that with no desire to win at all cost.
I liked the Vika match and the fact that she pinished Sascha..:popcorn

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I watched ESPN's Sports Center today wanting to see the news about Serena on old fashioned TV.
They started with some stupid horse and went on for 15 minutes, then they talked about Stanley cup second match for about 10 minutes and then about some baseball games for another 10 minutes before finally getting to Serena. They barely managed to talk about Serena's victory today before Tiger's worst ever performance. :snicker

Ok, fine. When they get to it what do they do. They say Serena defeated Lucie Sharapova :cover

OMG are you serious.LMAO

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
special700 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

OMG are you serious.LMAO
He's very serious. I watched the Sports Reporters this morning. A 30-min 4-person roundtable segment dedicated to the top happenings in the Sports world this week. In the opening, one guy mentioned a 33 yr old won her 20th slam title and 3rd FO. They didn't show any highlights, pictures or even debate or discuss how this win starts the conversation about Serena closing in on Graf.

They then proceeded to spend the next 29.85 minutes talking about the horse, Stanley Cup, Tiger's downfall, the NBA playoffs, the FIFA debacle, Bruce Jenner's operation, etc... :cover

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
special700 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

OMG are you serious.LMAO

Yes, I am serious, they did say Lucie Sharapova . But, in fairness, I should also say that they managed to correct it fairly immediately.