2015 French Open Final: S. Williams vs. Safarova

Who takes it all?

• Total voters

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
still unbelievable, if she hadnt lost motivation in the middle phase of her career,where would she be now

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
tennisville said:
still unbelievable, if she hadnt lost motivation in the middle phase of her career,where would she be now

i think about that all the time, she would have probably passed graf by now.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to both players. Three more, Serena, PLEASE!!!!

Lucie is so gracious. I don't follow doubles, but will watch this one to cheer for her to take the title.

On to Wimby. I want to see a Serena vs Petra final.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
As a tennis fan it feels really amazing to be witnessing history. I don't know when or if we'll have another Serena Williams.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tennisville said:

It can be a catch 22 as well would her body and motivation held up if she didn't go through that phase.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
tennisville said:

Who knows... maybe should would have been burned out by now. Or maybe she would not have met Patrick at the right time.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
tennisville said:

It can be a catch 22 as well would her body and motivation held up if she didn't go through that phase.

Totally agree. 33 is a REALLY advanced age to be winning slams. A lot of players cross a certain threshold where something just clicks and it the game is off.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
there will never be another Jameka Williams

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Apart from the #20, it is unbelievable that Serena won the French Open 3 times in total, especially the last two times after more than 10 years gap since the first.

That is three career grand slams.:clap:clap:clap

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn-z8pJxcRQ[/video]

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
i have a new found love for lucie. Serena needs a crest or colgate endorsement, she has a beautiful smile.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interesting fact this year: if Serena can hold her nerve and win Wimbledon, she has a shot at matching Steffi in two things a calendar slam and 22 slam singles titles all in one go at the U.S. Open this year. I hope she can do it!

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Interesting fact this year: if Serena can hold her nerve and win Wimbledon, she has a shot at matching Steffi in two things a calendar slam and 22 slam singles titles all in one go at the U.S. Open this year. I hope she can do it!

you are forgetting the big one , a second non calender grand slam if she wins wimbledon :clap

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena was immense today, a real champ. Safarova deserves great credit for making a match of it, and she has a striking game, but this was a warriors performance by Serena - for two whole weeks! :clap