• Poll closed .

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Latest Odds:

Novak --- 1/6 about 85% chance.
Stan ----- 11/2 about 15% chance.

Anyone here stick down €50/$50 or €100/€100 or more on Stan? Congrats if you did.

August

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Website
augustonsports.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
rafanoy1992 said:
Btw, who picked Wawrinka in four sets? Whomever he or she is, that was a good prediction!

It was August.

A bit of a fanboy pick. I was thinking Stan can win this if he's redlining but not in straights (with HawkEye a straight-set win might've happened). We've seen the trouble he's caused to Nole in HC slams and we hadn't really seen Nole to play against a guy like Stan recently. I was thinking Stan can do what he's done at the AO for three years and he's so comfortable on clay, and clay can't be much slower than Plexicushion if at all. I knew he has the tools to win.

But the way he played, it was just amazing. At the 2013 AO, it seemed unforgivable when he lost the lead in the 2nd set and I guess nobody assumed he'd look like a mental giant against Djokovic two years later in the RG final, like when saving that triple BP in 4th at 3-4.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Latest Odds:

Novak --- 1/6 about 85% chance.
Stan ----- 11/2 about 15% chance.

Anyone here stick down €50/$50 or €100/€100 or more on Stan? Congrats if you did.

Rafa Did :lolz:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Agreed. I can only hope that Roger can bring his fast court form to SW19. I wouldn't be shocked to see another Federer - Murray final truth be told

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
crystalfire said:
one things for sure. wimbledons gonna be hella interesting.

Can't wait for the seeding at Wimbledon; same was for FO! It took longer than I thought for this to occur, but it's finally happened; a true changing of the guard! We can only hope it continues and there's no 2013 repeat! :angel: :dodgy: :p

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
^Agreed. I can only hope that Roger can bring his fast court form to SW19. I wouldn't be shocked to see another Federer - Murray final truth be told

honestly hoping fed can bag one more wimbledon. @god if you see this make it happen. thnx. :angel:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Stan has the honour of having never lost a grand slam final too of course :p

And he had to play the #1 ranked player in all his grand slam finals.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
so noticed stan beat both 1 and 2 seeds on his way to victory at both the slams hes won.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:

Murray is definitely one of the contenders at Wimby this year again.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Was thinking the same. Still a lot of tennis to be played before Wimbledon but without seeing the draw I'd have Murray as the very slight favorite to win it. I just think he matches up well vs. Nole on grass, but at the same time he is more susceptible to upset and I also think Roger has better chances vs. Murray than vs. Nole.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
What about Stan after this? A letdown? Or a surge?

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ Was thinking the same. Still a lot of tennis to be played before Wimbledon but without seeing the draw I'd have Murray as the very slight favorite to win it. I just think he matches up well vs. Nole on grass, but at the same time he is more susceptible to upset and I also think Roger has better chances vs. Murray than vs. Nole.

in rogers case everything depends on draw tbh. he could end up with rafa and murray in his half and we might as well kiss this years wimby goodbye. :cry

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
What about Stan after this? A letdown? Or a surge?

I think he is strongest on slow surfaces and I'm not just saying that because that's where he's won 2 slams. With his power the surface speed doesn't matter as we've seen him hit through the best defensive players but it's easier to attack him and get him out of position on the faster surfaces. At Wimbledon and the USO he doesn't have the same time to line up his shots. That said you'd have to be a fool to count him out of any big tournament now. Aside from last year's RG he's been getting to at least the QF of all the slams and he clearly doesn't need to fear anybody. Just came to mind...is he the only guy to beat all of Fed, Djoker, Rafa, and Murray at slams? I think so and he's done it all in the last 7 slams including 2 wins vs. Nole.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
crystalfire said:
DarthFed said:

in rogers case everything depends on draw tbh. he could end up with rafa and murray in his half and we might as well kiss this years wimby goodbye. :cry

I've never been afraid of Roger playing anyone on grass. At this stage he could lose to a lot of players but they all could lose to him too. It's AO and RG where he really needs a great draw and even then it's probably not enough.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Am I the only one who's going to go out and by those pyjama shorts? Kinda nifty. I'll just use them for bedtime though :D

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I hear they come with a warning tag:

1. May cause you to abandon your wife and kids
2. May cause unstoppable power

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:

I think if I got into bed with them pyjamas on, my wife would abandon me... :eyepop

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
DarthFed said:

I think if I got into bed with them pyjamas on, my wife would abandon me... :eyepop

What about the unstoppable power? You sure about that ? :snicker

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
DarthFed said:

What about the unstoppable power? You sure about that ? :snicker

Well maybe she could wear the pyjamas and that'd take care of my unstoppable power... :laydownlaughing