2015-2016 NBA Playoffs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
These playoffs are just wacky and unfortunately they haven't been too entertaining. The Raps seemed to be dead after the first couple games but then they win 2 at home and figured to carry some good momentum into yesterday's game and that was their best chance to steal one in Cleveland. Golden State seemed to figure a lot out in game 2 of that series, winning by 30 but then they go to OKC and get decked twice. Home court means a lot but it shouldn't mean 50+ point swings that we've been seeing.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think it goes down to the wire. I can even see GSW pulling it out w/ a buzzer beater, but I don't see OKC losing game 6 at home.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, I'd be shocked if OKC loses game 6. The Warriors saved some embarrassment by winning tonight. The other game 6 should be tougher to call. The start is important for Toronto, if they don't build a big early lead like the last 2 games I think Cleveland will take it.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't think Raps will be able to build a big lead this time. Cavs will be ready. I think it will be close tomorrow, like this game and whoever controls the paint will win that one.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Bogut finally shows up like a big man should. My problem w/ the Dubs is their home form hasn't been translating to the road. I don't see them stunning OKC on Sat.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
That was the best game of either conference final last night. OKC played tough the whole way which I think bodes well for them in game 6. 2 totally different teams but I think the biggest blunder for Doc Rivers and the Clips last year was their relaxed approach to game 5 in Houston. They blew out the Rockets twice at home, had a 3-1 lead and their foot totally on the Rockets' collective throats. Everyone figured they'd close it out in 5 but instead they showed up and treated it like a light practice. Then all the pressure was on the Clips to win game 6 which they choked.

Different teams and scenario here. It is going to be tough as hell for the Warriors to win that game and I think OKC closes the door in 6. It should be a fight though.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, they won game 5 last night. Oklahoma City is up 3-2 and it's heading back there. This, and the sloppy game 1 of this series were the only things resembling good games in either of the conference finals so far. The entire playoffs have been pretty disappointing so far.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bunch of extracurricular activity in this half. I think a clearly unintentional elbow to the face should be an offensive foul, not a flagrant foul. It was good that they reviewed it but they still got it wrong.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
GSW might have just postponed the inevitable.

Raptors look like they will lose tonight but they achieved more than most had thought before the playoffs started, so they should feel pretty happy about their efforts.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Congratulations to the Cavs for advancing to the NBA finals.

Joseph of Raptors and Thompson of Cavaliers went to the same high school in Toronto, went to same college and now they played against each other in the EC final. That is a neat story. Should inspire more Canadian kids to play this sport.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Really strong performance from Cleveland tonight. They answered the bell after game 4 when Toronto had built up some big momentum. The start of the game was huge, if Toronto had started off decent this may have gone down to the wire.

6 straight Finals for Lebron, even with the East being weak it is incredible. It doesn't matter who you have out there with that guy or who coaches the team. But we know by now he can't beat a Western Goliath by himself. The team is healthy so he should get a lot more support than last year. It should be a great finals regardless of who makes it out West.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Klay Thompson...Wow. I was at a bar where my friends were playing and there were a bunch of TVs and the game was on. I could not get into the game at all but all I saw was Thompson shooting from the hip.

OKC missed a huge opportunity no?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1972Murat said:
Klay Thompson...Wow. I was at a bar where my friends were playing and there were a bunch of TVs and the game was on. I could not get into the game at all but all I saw was Thompson shooting from the hip.

OKC missed a huge opportunity no?

They've blown it! Was looking forward to a different final, but it's like the old days; back to back finalists! It doesn't make the league look too good; esp. when one is allowed to come back from the grave! OKC was on their way with an upset in the BAY and 2 killer performances at home! They should have wrapped this up tonight; now I can't imagine them winning in Golden State! :cover :nono :cry

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
What a performance from the defending champions. When they had their back against the wall, they took matters in their hands, played together and trusted each other. This will hurt OKC, to lose in this manner, at home, when leading almost the whole game.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The DUBS have the :heart: of a champion, I told all my peeps this wasn't over at 1-3 . Klay Thompson 3 point shot over Russell late in the 4th qtr was a cold blooded dagger as Stephen half court shot in the game February 27th. Phenomenal legendary shooting by Klay and Step, we will NEVER see another shooting marksmanship duo like these two. As KS,Eagle Dollar defense on KD and his poised as a competitor as the NBA playoffs have seen. Finally Draymon got his head out of his azz, Monday night isn't promised to the DUBS but home cooking should give them more confident.