2015-2016 NBA Playoffs

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I still think the Cavs win this series, and probably in 6, but props to Toronto for making this interesting after being embarrassing for the first two games.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
OKC bossing the champs again. I fully expect them to go back to Oracle 3-1. Question is can they close it out at the Dubs?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
that's 2 consecutive games they put up 72 pts at half. Sun night's score was 72-47

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1972Murat said:
72 points from OKC at the half. That's, uhm, decent production , no?

The Golden State Warriors are getting worked in Oklahoma! I'm from California; well I lived out there for about 12 years, but that jerk kicking Adams in the gonads twice over 2 games made me turn! I don't like dirty play even with a team fave! If they go down 3-1 tonight, which it looks as if it will with a 24 point lead in the 4th and only a few minutes on the clock, the series will be just about over! Even the genius of the MVP (Curry) won't be able to save them on wobbly/gimpy legs! :nono :angel: :dodgy: :p :clap - Might have something to do with running themselves into the ground breaking Bulls record of 72 games won in a season! They wanted it all and now it may be costing them! :rolleyes:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Billy Donovan's coaching has been sensational these playoffs. The adjustment he made to get Roberson cut inside more, set screens, and at times, play as a flat out power forward was fantastic, and completely countered the Warriors' strategy to ignore him.

OKC is showing some real versatility. They beat the Spurs by being big, but their small ball lineup has slaughtered the Warriors in the past two games. On that note, it's good to see Ibaka looking like his old self. Durant is reminding everyone why his length and athleticism can make him an elite defender when he decides to be.

As far as Russell Westbrook, I honestly think he's been the best player in the entire playoffs, and by a country mile. Completely outplayed Curry so far this series, minus game 2.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
That series is done and dusted. The 2nd half of game 1 was as huge as I figured it to be. As bad as the last 2 games were for GSW if they don't choke away game 1 this is probably 2-2 going back to Golden State in which case they may have pulled this out. OKC's defense has been very impressive all playoffs. I didn't know they had it in them to play like this.

But with that said the OKC defense doesn't totally explain the Warrior's issues, they are missing shots they normally hit, especially Curry. And they are turning it over at a huge clip with sloppy passing. They've quietly played mediocre basketball for 2 months now. I figured they might be able to flip a switch in the playoffs, particularly when they came up against one of the great teams, but it didn't happen. Now they are on the verge of being a laughing stock of the league. They might win game 5 but they have zero chance in game 6.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
the DUBS bigs(Bogut and Fetus A) suck.. Kerr shouldnt play those clowns at all .. Klay needs to shoot aleast 6 times a Qtr.. Draymon needs to get his head out of his azz and play.. Step needs to drive to the lane more.. take 12-15 foot shots( they will foul him everytime) then work his way back outside.. Westbrook is a pure pitbull and is just hungrier. if they dethrone the champs.. OKC is very deserving.. the MVP and "Coach(Kerr and Walton) are getting outplayed and out coached..

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
the DUBS bigs(Bogut and Fetus A) suck.. Kerr shouldnt play those clowns at all .. Klay needs to shoot aleast 6 times a Qtr.. Draymon needs to get his head out of his azz and play.. Step needs to drive to the lane more.. take 12-15 foot shots( they will foul him everytime) then work his way back outside.. Westbrook is a pure pitbull and is just hungrier. if they dethrone the champs.. OKC is very deserving.. the MVP and "Coach(Kerr and Walton) are getting outplayed and out coached..

Unfortunately Curry even missed "layups" in that blowout! It's amazing to see happen again and again; players who would kill you and me, but in the clutch on TV and in front of thousands of fans, they can't hit the broad side of a barn! :cover :rolleyes: :nono :puzzled :eyepop

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It's pretty shocking how bad they are playing. After OKC beat SA I figured this would be a tough series but this has been a beatdown. Curry has been garbage as has the rest of the team. Assuming they lose this series they are going to be the laughing stock of the league, a team that sets the wins record and can't even make the finals.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
DarthFed said:
It's pretty shocking how bad they are playing. After OKC beat SA I figured this would be a tough series but this has been a beatdown. Curry has been garbage as has the rest of the team. Assuming they lose this series they are going to be the laughing stock of the league, a team that sets the wins record and can't even make the finals.

I thought it would come back to haunt them going for the record! When the Bulls set it, Michael and company pretty much rested in the last 4 games, losing 2 of 4! GS max'd out to the very last game of the season! It was stupid and I think it's gonna cost them; big time! :nono :cover :eyepop

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Nah.. it isnt no shame.. I cant think of any team in NBA with the lone exception of the 96-98 BULLS that would have had an answer for these OKC athletic players.. the old toupee wearing coach Dick Versace(KS remembers this) called the trio of Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and Ron Harper as the "Dopermans".. That's the only team that could compare with the way OKC is playing.. the Spurs won 67 games this year.. should they be ashamed not to make it past the 2nd round .. Hell No.. We are experiencing Russell Westbrook on a mission and I dont think there have been an human alive that could keep up with him but Jordan. Kobe could at certain periods of a game but not the entirety of a game.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
Nah.. it isnt no shame.. I cant think of any team in NBA with the lone exception of the 96-98 BULLS that would have had an answer for these OKC athletic players.. the old toupee wearing coach Dick Versace(KS remembers this) called the trio of Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and Ron Harper as the "Dopermans".. That's the only team that could compare with the way OKC is playing.. the Spurs won 67 games this year.. should they be ashamed not to make it past the 2nd round .. Hell No.. We are experiencing Russell Westbrook on a mission and I dont think there have been an human alive that could keep up with him but Jordan. Kobe could at certain periods of a game but not the entirety of a game.

OKC's path to the championship would be the most incredible run in any sport that I've seen. SA and GSW averaged 70 wins and if they get to the finals they will hopefully be facing the Cleveland Lebrons. Westbrook is too athletic to keep in front of you. It is a team effort to stop that guy but a good big or two down low can alter his shot and cause him problems near the rim. MJ and anyone else would've had all sorts of problems keeping that guy in front of them. Kobe would have no chance. And that's the end of me complimenting him, I will now admit that he is a great, great player and not just an athlete but let's see how the rest of the playoffs play out. He still has those flaky games that can cost his team.

But if GSW goes down in 5 or an easy 6 (which seems likely) they absolutely will be a bit of a laughing stock. That's the way it goes. The effort to set that record and the pressure they put on themselves throughout the year has possibly come back to bite them. Also, OKC is playing THAT well that they were always going to be a big threat to GSW in this series. But it can't be denied that GSW looks like crap and it's not all down to OKC. The Spurs did have a bit of a bust year all things considered but they at least put up a fight vs. OKC and probably would've won that series if they didn't piss away game 5 badly at the end.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Even if GSW comes back and wins this, they will be just so exhausted that Cavs will just steamroll them. They play exhausted to begin with !

U giving up on the Raptors. ..why they still have a decent chance

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
the AntiPusher said:
1972Murat said:
Even if GSW comes back and wins this, they will be just so exhausted that Cavs will just steamroll them. They play exhausted to begin with !

Just being realistic more than anything. I am very proud of what Raps have done so far but going to Cleveland and stealing one is going to be extremely tough. And that's what's required to advance...

Having said that...LET'S GO RAPTORS !!!;)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
the AntiPusher said:
1972Murat said:

Just being realistic more than anything. I am very proud of what Raps have done so far but going to Cleveland and stealing one is going to be extremely tough. And that's what's required to advance...

Having said that...LET'S GO RAPTORS !!!;)
Amen

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Looks like some home cooking helped Love. he is not missing. Raps out of sorts, turning it over like crazy. Got to chip away, slowly.

Nah.. this one is over.. I am turning it off and loggin for work.. Disappointing that the games are not closer..

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
^ Well, Raps can take comfort in the fact that they have not lost to the Cavs in Toronto this year, but it is a close out game and even if Raps can take it to game 7, they are being blown out in Cleveland constantly. I would still like to see a game 7 though.