2014 US Open Quarterfinals: Berdych vs. Cilic

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
haha! Yes but what? Cocaine? EPO? What was the purpose of the substance? Just trying to assess the seriousness. Agassi taking meth? Less serious that the stuff Canas was taking no?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
What was he taking?

"Some tainted prescriptions his mommy got him" In other news they are blaming Lance Armstrong's dog for holding him down and injecting him with PED's.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's all over folks. Short of a big time choke. I just can't see anything other than a Cilic win now

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
federberg said:
What was he taking?

Some tainted prescriptions his mom got him. In other news they are blaming Lance Armstrong's dog for holding him down and injecting him with PED's.

:laydownlaughing:lolz::clap:snigger

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Was pretty sure Cilic would win and looking likely now. He's had Berdych's number since Wimbledon.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^seems like too small a sample to make that assertion

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I wouldn't mind Berdy stealing one set back now. Just to shake some of Marins confidence!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He could come all the way back though who knows. A Berdych in the zone should overpower Cilic.

House

Futures Player
Reactions
I guess being a tennis player doesn't qualify you to know if a ball bounced twice. Who knew Bird?

Also he's horribly wrong and continues embarrassing himself arguing over it. Shut up.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Both of these guys are boring, but for Roger's sake I'm hoping Cilic prevails. It would be nice if it goes five.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Both of these guys are boring, but for Roger's sake I'm hoping Cilic prevails. It would be nice if it goes five.

That's what I've always felt. But I must admit some of the stuff Marin was doing in the first 2 sets, has seriously impressed me. Looks a completely different player when he comes forward. Couldn't stand all the baseline bashing!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
haha! Yes but what? Cocaine? EPO? What was the purpose of the substance? Just trying to assess the seriousness. Agassi taking meth? Less serious that the stuff Canas was taking no?

He tested positive for nikethamide, a respiratory stimulant used to increase endurance at high altitudes that he apparently got from a glucose tablet. At least that's the excuse that was bought by the authorities. Actually, regarding Canas who tested positive for a diuretic, we don't actually know if he was taking anything else since diuretics are banned as they can mask PEDs because they increase the rate of urination to help athletes beat urine tests.

As many have noticed there has been a widespread increase in the amount of cramping in recent years, not only in tennis. The authorities need to really start doing far better testing as the likelihood is the cramping is a result of dehydration from diuretics. Let's face it, athletes know they have to drink a lot in hot weather and tough competition so they're hardly dehydrated simply from not taking in enough fluids. The more likely scenario is as a result of the electrolytes being depleted in their systems from diuretics which will allow them to take PEDs that the diuretics will then help to urinate out and thus beat the urine tests.

"Diuretics also involve a certain amount of risk – risk that goes beyond the possibility of detection. The immediate consequence of diuretic use is fluid imbalance that can lead to dehydration. Other serious effects from high levels of diuretics can include heart arrhythmias, muscle cramps, drops in blood pressure, and potassium deficiency.."

http://www.addictiontreatmentmagazine.com/addiction-news/performance-enhancing-drugs/
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-role-of-diuretics-in-sport.htm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
federberg said:

He tested positive for nikethamide, a respiratory stimulant used to increase endurance at high altitudes that he apparently got from a glucose tablet. At least that's the excuse that was bought by the authorities. Actually, regarding Canas who tested positive for a diuretic, we don't actually know if he was taking anything else since diuretics are banned as they can mask PEDs because they increase the rate of urination to help athletes beat urine tests.

As many have noticed there has been a widespread increase in the amount of cramping in recent years, not only in tennis. The authorities need to really start doing far better testing as the likelihood is the cramping is a result of dehydration from diuretics. Let's face it, athletes know they have to drink a lot in hot weather and tough competition so they're hardly dehydrated simply from not taking in enough fluids. The more likely scenario is as a result of the electrolytes being depleted in their systems from diuretics which will allow them to take PEDs that the diuretics will then help to urinate out and thus beat the urine tests.

"Diuretics also involve a certain amount of risk – risk that goes beyond the possibility of detection. The immediate consequence of diuretic use is fluid imbalance that can lead to dehydration. Other serious effects from high levels of diuretics can include heart arrhythmias, muscle cramps, drops in blood pressure, and potassium deficiency.."

http://www.addictiontreatmentmagazine.com/addiction-news/performance-enhancing-drugs/
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-role-of-diuretics-in-sport.htm

That's really interesting. Thanks Front.

Are you hinting something about a certain one time Wimbledon champion? :snigger

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I named no names because there are tons of players out there suffering from cramping the last few years.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well didn't see a stroke but impressive win for Cilic.