2014 US Open Quarterfinals: Berdych vs. Cilic

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Berdych leads the H2H record 5-3, but Cilic won their most recent encounter in this year's Wimbledon in which they played until the very last minute of natural sunlight.

I pick Berdych in three or four sets. He is playing well right now and he easily defeated the rising young player Dominic Thiem.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Logic seems to say Berdych in four, given everything, but if Cilic is in one of those days, he can make it hard, or even win. And TB can always lose to himself.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Marin played a four hour match out there today, while Tomas was through in an hour and a half. After a rather lackluster year, Tomas is having a very good tournament. He wins this match in three.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thomas is finding some form in this tourament...I will pick him to win in 4 sets

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This one is hard to call as there are unknown variables involved:

If drugs don't wear off, then Cilic in 5.

If drugs wear off, then Bird in 4.

If drugs wear off really fast, then Bird in 3.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
This one is hard to call as there are unknown variables involved:

If drugs don't wear off, then Cilic in 5.

If drugs wear off, then Bird in 4.

If drugs wear off really fast, then Bird in 3.

Low blow.:s

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the match that concerns me the most. If Berdych wins, I like his chances to make it to Saturday or even Monday. If Cilic wins, Fed fans get your popcorn ready cause noOne is gonna stop the Fed express from making his Monday night appearance. IMO

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
This is the match that concerns me the most. If Berdych wins, I like his chances to make it to Saturday or even Monday. If Cilic wins, Fed fans get your popcorn ready cause noOne is gonna stop the Fed express from making his Monday night appearance. IMO

If Berdych wins, I don't just like his chances to make it to Saturday, I am willing to bet my
house on it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:

If Berdych wins, I don't just like his chances to make it to Saturday, I am willing to bet my
house on it.

Why.. If anyone can take out Fed its Berdych.. ask Darth Fed

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:

house on it.

Why.. If anyone can take out Fed its Berdych.. ask Darth Fed

If Berdych wins QF, he obviously makes it to the SF on Saturday. :lolz:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^ yup. That's what I'm thinking. Cilic on an upturn and Berdy flattening to slight decline. 5 - 3 h2h in favour of Berdy though, but the last win was Marin's. A real toss up. And surely the least interesting of the four matches.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I am so happy to see Tomas playing well here. He can make up for some poor results this year here in NY. He was crushing his serves and forehands last night. I liked it.:clap

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Berdy in 4. He is flying under the radar this tourney.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Even though he's been slumping, looks like he's coming out of it now. T-Berd in 4.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Hmmmm.... this Cilic that comes forward sometimes is a player I can get on board with. If he continues with that sort of disruptive play, I think he'll take Berd man