2014 FIFA World Cup Semifinals

Who wins World Cup 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The Netherlands kinda peaked with the second half of the Spain match, didn't they? They were close to going 2-0 down in the first half, then a wonder-goal by van Persie brought them level - and they ran riot. After this, they became decreasingly efficient, struggling against Mexico and Costa Rica and failing to score again in the semi.

I think the Germans will have watched how they crowded Messi, and he'll find it hard in the final, but it's the match of his life, the chance to lift himself into the very highest pantheon of greats in the sport. A thrilling and decisive performance by Messi on Sunday will create a legend to stand alongside Maradona in the annals of football. I'm hoping this happens. I'd love to see the final decided by brilliance and inspiration, instead of functional - if deadly - athleticism...

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It would be thriling, Kieran, I agree. Frankly, I would like it so folks stop giving Diego the limelight so often. Yet, I believe the German offensive will be too much for the Argentine defense. Germany 2-1

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This girl's photo is all over the news, the perfect image of trauma in effect, after Brazil's defeat. I feel awful for the Brazilian people, of course, and I wonder what'll become of her, since she must be suffering doubly by being so exposed by all this, on the internet. It's like some scary hellish artwork:

84198780.jpg

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Brazil are going to have to look at everything, because basically they've become a third world football nation. Their place among the elite is shattered. They have no midfield, mediocre players like David Luis in defence, the hapless Fred up front. They're utterly unBrazilian in their play, far too many players playing in Europe, forgetting how to improvise and play with flair.

Their manager had them hoofing long balls when they had possession. They're a shambles. Tonight was an historic disgrace and I only hope there's no fatalities and trouble there now. I heard they've upped the security. It's shocking, in football terms.

Germany are a good side, and they tore them apart like five a side football...
I think their problem is that they lacked quality upfront, where Neymar was the only world class player. Hulk, Fred, Jo,.... I mean, its laughable when you read that list of names they had in attack. A lot of Brazilian fans knew that they were not good enough to win the world cup, but you may have those fanatic (less knowledgeable) ones who thought they would win simply because they are Brazil.