• Murray in 4

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Murray in 5

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I had Murray to take Federer in this round in both the two pre-match brackets I did, but he's looked flat and Federer has stepped things up.

I'm flipping to Federer prevailing based on what I've seen so far.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
im hoping fed takes this. then again it'll suck to see him lose to rafa. this sucks

bobvance

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
britbox said:
I had Murray to take Federer in this round in both the two pre-match brackets I did, but he's looked flat and Federer has stepped things up.

It's just so hard to predict how Federer is going to play these days... But I do agree that based on how they've looked Federer should be the favorite.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
For those interested, h2h is 9 - 11 in Murray's favour:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=MC10&oId=F324

Federer is considered favorite by the bookies by a very narrow margin (4/5 to 1).

I'm going with Murray in 5 because he will make Federer hit that extra shot and because he's a very good returner. But I have learned from last night, Fed can definitely take this.

Goldenboy

Futures Player
Reactions
Roger in 4. He needs to finish it by then. If it goes 5, I would pick Murray.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Is there a poll for fed's matches? After watching him last night against Tsonga, I have no doubt who will win this slam.

I only wonder where he finds all that inspiration, because the other 2 of big 3 are looking like beaten dogs these days comparing to him.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Rog in 4 based on very current form. I hope whoever wins, does so quickly and has plenty of energy for the semis.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, I hate to say this, but Fed in 3 easy sets.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:

Picked Fed in 4 as well.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Murray to reach the semis and lose to Nadal before the tournament but Federer is playing magnificently in this tournament.

The one thing Federer can't do against Murray or the other members of the Big Four is lose the first set and play from behind like he did against Murray last year.

My prediction: Federer in four close sets. I just think he is playing very well right now and Murray is still looking for his movement and shots. Although, I would not be surprised if Murray wins this match in four or five sets. Murray matches very well with Federer.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
nehmeth said:
britbox said:

Picked Fed in 4 as well.

And I copied from their papers. :)

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I wish I could go by how he played against Tsonga. Life would be much easier.
I have a feeling Murray is not where he needs to be yet though. I will go with Roger in 4.

I've missed so much of this tournament - including most of Andy's matches. Blooming time difference.

Before the tournament started I said I'd be delighted if Andy reached the semis. I agree that Murray isn't where he needs to be just yet. By all accounts he did play well today. He should have closed it out in 3. Robert did play a good match.

I never vote in these polls - too superstitious. Just hoping Andy wins. It might be too soon though.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
went for the fedster in 4..i don't rthink murrays level is high enough, maybe one decent set for him and a plucky run the the qf will do for andy.

what of fed ?..new wand, new coach, new year, new rubber back, new fair mirka up the duff. im still in the post Tsonga after glow.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed has played better and better every round. It will be hard to top the Tsonga performance but even just coming close to it gives him a great chance vs. a Murray who probably isn't at top form yet. Roger looking good in the 3rd round led me to think he would beat Tsonga but not like he did. Roger looking incredible vs. Tsonga makes me think he will beat Murray as well.

Of course Roger could show up and start shanking every other shot but given the form so far and with him having a point to prove I wouldn't expect him to suddenly stink up the place. He will have to play a very good one though. Fed in 4.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, Roger has indeed played better in each match compared to previous match.

If the Roger that played against Tsonga shows up, it will be over in three sets.

Otherwise, Roger will win it in 4 sets.

To be safe, I am voting for Roger in 4.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know how to vote. I'll probably vote Murray in 5, just to mix it up. I'm willing to trust all who say that Federer is looking good, (though I only could stay awake for some of the Tsonga match, and only caught parts of the replay.) I've seen very little of Murray. It could be a good match, if Andy's up for it. That's what I hope for, and for both to look solid and fit.