Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
herios said:
I. Haychew said:
Haven't seen the match yet (recorded it), and after reading some of the match-time posts, I'm not so sure that I want to. Sounds like it was UGLY!

Just watch it my friend! I am only watching it now, we have the day recorded transmission on TSN in Canada as I am typing (set 3). It is worth it. Stan had a in the zone one set+, for that alone you need to watch.

And disregard Front's trashing in the play by play....He was just so vocal being desperate that Rafa is getting off the hook and wins his 14th. I forgive him for that.:cool:

Haha well I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Even Nadal fans were laughing their arses off at Stan's inability to do anything right since Nadal's injury.

Been there; done that! It's sometimes very difficult to close someone out when they're hobbling around; missing some of the easiest shots, but you do what you have to do! Dropshotting can be "bush league" though! lol! :lolz:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Sure is and I don't blame him. But on the other hand it's excusable for a few games but he basically forgot how to play from 2-0 2nd set to the penultimate game in set 4! That's a bit much.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Front242 said:
DarthFed said:
Rafa has cried on court during the Verdasco match too.

He way crying today. Don't blame him. Was a tough day for him.

Dios, me esta matando.
Agreed. What is rarely mentioned is that Roger also cried when he won AO 2007. Same when Rafa won French 2010 after being eliminated early in 2009.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
atttomole said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Front242 said:
DarthFed said:

Dios, me esta matando.
Agreed. What is rarely mentioned is that Roger also cried when he won AO 2007. Same when Rafa won French 2010 after being eliminated early in 2009.

Fed also bawled his eyes out after winning 2010 AO with Laver presenting him the trophy! :cry :angel:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Like I say, there's nothing wrong with players crying, but I take exception to Fiero's anti-Ralph assertion that Rafa is ever disrespectful to opponents when he wins, especially when we have evidence that his own hero benefited from Rafa's generous gestures after beating him at slams.

You might hate the guy, but there's no need to to be dishonest about him...

Noelann

Reactions
Great run by Wawrinka at this AO, such a rare accomplishment to be able to defeat 2 and 1 player in the World on his way to GS trophy.:)
Sad to see Rafa or any other player to get injured during the match.:(

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Like I say, there's nothing wrong with players crying, but I take exception to Fiero's anti-Ralph assertion that Rafa is ever disrespectful to opponents when he wins, especially when we have evidence that his own hero benefited from Rafa's generous gestures after beating him at slams.

Isolated instances; keep it real! Of course you can pick out occasions when he behaves himself, but I have an overall problem with Rafa's persona on court! Be as arrogant as you want, but he's without a doubt one of the rudest players out there; making people wait for even a coin toss! Some poor woman was there at the net in a wheelchair and he barely acknowledged she was there, straightning out his bottles, toweling off, and the like! Try to be honest as well will ya! :laydownlaughing :nono :angel:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:

You keep the notion in your head that Federer benefited from Nadal losing early or not entering slams. That's nonsense sorry. Fed earned RG 2009 by beating the guy that beat Nadal and Soderling beat everyone in his path too so clearer he was in killer form. There was huge pressure on him to win and he managed it. Other generous gestures I presume are Wimbledon 2012. It was all Federer's fault Rosol beat Nadal. Come on. Please. He still had to beat everyone else he faced and he beat prime Murray when over the hill himself. He should be commended rather than supposedly "benefitting from generous gestures" which is frankly a load of old bollocks.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

You keep the notion in your head that Federer benefited from Nadal losing early or not entering slams. That's nonsense sorry. Fed earned RG 2009 by beating the guy that beat Nadal and Soderling beat everyone in his path too so clearer he was in killer form. There was huge pressure on him to win and he managed it. Other generous gestures I presume are Wimbledon 2012. It was all Federer's fault Rosol beat Nadal. Come on. Please. He still had to beat everyone else he faced and he beat prime Murray when over the hill himself. He should be commended rather than supposedly "benefitting from generous gestures" which is frankly a load of old bollocks.

People shouldn't go down this rode! You jeapardize the achievement of every major star including Federer, Rafa, and Murray who have all benefited in some way; just playing who was in front of them early on in a draw! :angel:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

Actually, my friend, without wishing to dig up old corpses, if you re-read my post I was referring to Rafa being a generous victor against Roger at slams, and on the previous page you'll see the post I'm talking about, where I first referred to players crying after defeats.

You'll also see Fiero's erroneous post which prompted that reply...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:

Isolated instances; keep it real! Of course you can pick out occasions when he behaves himself, but I have an overall problem with Rafa's persona on court! Be as arrogant as you want, but he's without a doubt one of the rudest players out there; making people wait for even a coin toss! Some poor woman was there at the net in a wheelchair and he barely acknowledged she was there, straightning out his bottles, toweling off, and the like! Try to be honest as well will ya! :laydownlaughing :nono :angel:

None of this has anything to do with what you wrote, which was:

Fiero425 said:
Here, here! :clap :clap Stan also had to mute his exaltation in winning AO in respect for Nadal! When is Nadal respectful of someone he defeated? Never!!! You don't see it! He'll be falling on the court, jumping up and down, and fist pumping if the roles were reversed! Such a freakin' hypocrite; along with his sychophants! :lolz: :lolz: :nono :angel:

I know, you find it hard to concentrate, but try. I was replying to this.

And I was correct.

And you were not only wrong, but your spelling was bad too, which just makes you look clumsy when you're trying to insult fellow posters here... :nono

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

Actually, my friend, without wishing to dig up old corpses, if you re-read my post I was referring to Rafa being a generous victor against Roger at slams, and on the previous page you'll see the post I'm talking about, where I first referred to players crying after defeats.

Ah fair enough. In that case, my apologies :blush: Although I believe it has been mentioned before today that Nadal losing early helped Federer. That scenario happens to every player lol! Anyway, no worries :)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

Ah fair enough. In that case, my apologies :blush: Although I believe it has been mentioned before today that Nadal losing early helped Federer. That scenario happens to every player lol! Anyway, no worries :)

No bother, I misread you earlier too, it happens. As for the other thing you mentioned, let's keep our powder dry for now, eh? ;)

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
atttomole said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Front242 said:
DarthFed said:

Dios, me esta matando.

Fed also bawled his eyes out after winning 2010 AO with Laver presenting him the trophy! :cry :angel:

I think that was 2006 when Laver presented him the trophy. I also got the year wrong. It was 2006 that I meant.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ever so often at the AO, the unbelievable happens.. e.g.2001 thomas johansson beat Safin.. tough loss for Rafa but he understands the goal is to play as well as you can but your mind and body has to be in complete synchronization as Stan was today and Rafa wasn't. As we all know, Its either a Rafa fan day or Fed fan day regardless if the two players aren't facing each other. With today's result the Fed fans have got the upper hand due to the efforts of Stan the man. Rafa will live to play another day. I am ok with this because I understand this game of tennis is just a Sport. Sports are a way for us to release our day to day frustrations. Some days we are on top of the World when our champions shine in their best glory. For this Rafa fan, unfortunately the Incredible Happened, he lost. No one died, no one retired from the game or etc. Its just a loss and we are still able to move forward. Isn't Life :angel: Wonderful.

P.s This is to the Fed Fan, We will get even with you dirty bastards next time:snigger:clap

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
^If that's the common way of thinking, the I can only shake my head. Wawrinka wins the biggest match of his life, becoming a first time major champion, and it's reduced to being about Federer's and Nadal's legacies. Sad, indeed.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
^If that's the common way of thinking, the I can only shake my head. Wawrinka wins the biggest match of his life, becoming a first time major champion, and it's reduced to being about Federer's and Nadal's legacies. Sad, indeed.

Sadly it most definitely is. Great as it is that a non big 4 member won a slam there's history on the line between Federer and Nadal and I think it's fair to say Stan has left it a bit late at 28 to win 16 more slams.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Did any one notice this stat? This is the 19th GS final appearance for Nadal
and it is his 37th GS appearance.

This means Rafa has more than 50% chance of reaching final in any GS
that he enters. That is an amazing percentage. While I have not checked the
similar stat for other folks, I have a strong feeling that Rafa will be ahead
of everybody else (both active and retired players, both Open era and
Pre open era) players on this.

Of the 18 finals played so far, he has won 13 (little more than 2/3rd).

Now, what does it all mean. If Rafa continues at this rate for 5 more
years (He is now 27 and it is reasonable to expect that he will have his
mojo for some time), he will be playing in 20 majors. Based on the above
rate, this would mean he would be in finals of 10 of them. Again, based
on his current performance, a conservative estimate would be that he
will win 6 more slams.

That puts him at 13 + 6 = 19 > 17.

I don't think anybody else gave an estimate of his slam count from
this simple, fairly straightforward and scientific perspective.

Of course, one small caveat is that with increasing age, the
success rate may not remain the same as the current rate.

I saw this the other day and I think it's an extraordinary stat and I wanted to bump it cos I need something to make me feel better. :snigger

But seriously, that's consistency at a huge level, something I hadn't expected...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
huntingyou said:
Regarding he injury, it's silly to think Rafa being tight and nervous (which he was in the first set) had anything to do with this injury. He felt it first during warm up and that's how back problems creep up on you........sometimes just watching TV and turning to your side to grab those doritos.

Didnt you folks know something was amiss when Rafa tried that silly drop shot during his 2nd service game. It was just a very bad omen of what would come later. I told Cali that Stan's bh dtl would be a major factor but he was dismissive as usual.:huh:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
the AntiPusher said:
huntingyou said:
Regarding he injury, it's silly to think Rafa being tight and nervous (which he was in the first set) had anything to do with this injury. He felt it first during warm up and that's how back problems creep up on you........sometimes just watching TV and turning to your side to grab those doritos.

Didnt you folks know something was amiss when Rafa tried that silly drop shot during his 2nd service game. It was just a very bad omen of what would come later. I told Cali that Stan's bh dtl would be a major factor but he was dismissive as usual.:huh:

Funny you mention that dropper. At that point I told my wife that that is a shot you will never see Rafa execute that poorly against Roger...She said something mean about Roger. She is a Rafa fan. We are seeing a counselor...:snigger