3. Alex de Minaur
4. Fernando Verdasco
5. David Goffin
6. Francis Tiafoe
7. Cristian Garin
8. Richard Gasquet

Rosmalen-Tennis-Tournooi-Satdion.jpg

The Tournament:

The Libema Open is one of seven tour-level events played on grass, and hosts both the men's and women's tours in the opening week of the grass-court swing. A pair of Dutchmen have titled at this tournament, with Richard Krajicek triumphing in 1994 and '97 and Sjeng Schalken clinching back-to-back wins in 2002-03.

About s-Hertogenbosch

's-Hertogenbosch, colloquially known as Den Bosch, is a city and municipality in the Southern Netherlands with a population of 152,968. It is the capital of the province of North Brabant.

The city's official name is a contraction of the Dutch des Hertogen bosch—"the Duke's forest".

's-Hertogenbosch_Marktplein_-_Den_Bosch_Markt.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This one seems to be where a lot of the generally clay courters chose to tune up.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This one seems to be where a lot of the generally clay courters chose to tune up.
Some of them. I would not call Tsitsipas, De Minaur, Gasquet, Tiafoe, Fritz, Mannarino, Thompson, Kukushkin clay courters.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some of them. I would not call Tsitsipas, De Minaur, Gasquet, Tiafoe, Fritz, Mannarino, Thompson, Kukushkin clay courters.
Yes, I tossed that off a bit quickly, but I had also just looked at the draw for Stuttgart, which seems more competitive. I don't even think of Verdasco as purely a clay guy. You compare the draws, though.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yes, I tossed that off a bit quickly, but I had also just looked at the draw for Stuttgart, which seems more competitive. I don't even think of Verdasco as purely a clay guy. You compare the draws, though.

I agree that the field is deeper in Stuttgart, but I am very interested to see how Stefanos will rebound after the disappointment in Paris. I would like to see him establishing himself as a strong contender on grass too.

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree that the field is deeper in Stuttgart, bit I am very interested to see how Stefanos will rebound after the disappointment in Paris. I would like to see him establishing himself as a strong contender on grass too.

For me is also interesting to see how he will do during grass season. Last year he did ok in Wimbledon losing to Isner in R16. Now with the better ranking he could go further than that. He likes to go forward and do diving volleys too. That is some Boris Becker grass stuff.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interesting. Jarry just beat Tsitsipas in 3 sets.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Greek is still a bit in RG hangover, but Jarry is not a nobody. He has big shots and served a lot of aces. Greek played a lot of tennis lately so in some way is not a huge surprise that he lost. He needs some rest, not sure why he even played this tourney, obviously not because of the points. I guess he wanted to feel the surface and see where his game is.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Chileans are on fire in Holland. Garin won, too, over local boy Haase...so after I kind of dissed my clay courters, some are doing well.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Tsitsipas badly overplaying kind of like Thiem used to a few years back. He is setting up for more grand slam irrelevance with this schedule.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tsitsipas badly overplaying kind of like Thiem used to a few years back. He is setting up for more grand slam irrelevance with this schedule.
I doubt he knew he would be ranked this high 6 months ago when he set up his schedule.
He is still only 20, most likely will adjust a lot earlier than Thiem did.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I doubt he knew he would be ranked this high 6 months ago when he set up his schedule.
He is still only 20, most likely will adjust a lot earlier than Thiem did.

That's true but he can always pull out. It's not like playing a lot of 250's and 500's is mandatory.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That's true but he can always pull out. It's not like playing a lot of 250's and 500's is mandatory.
Playing here I did not find it means overpaying. He had more than a week break after his last match at RG (round 4), and that is plenty of rest when you are 20.
And now that he played only one match, he will be even more rested for the next event.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Playing here I did not find it means overpaying. He had more than a week break after his last match at RG (round 4), and that is plenty of rest when you are 20.
And now that he played only one match, he will be even more rested for the next event.

It's all about cumulative effect. He played a lot of tennis this year already and recently a bunch of clay tournaments and did decent at last couple MS events. I assume he's playing a grass event next week so it is a lot of tennis going into Wimbledon, even for a 20 year old.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Garin choked. He served for the match at 5-4 in the decider. Then had a lead in the final TB that he eventually lost.

Reactions: Moxie