MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
TennisFanatic7 said:
fashionista said:
TennisFanatic7 said:
colleen66 said:
TennisFanatic7 said:
Can't see past Serena if I'm honest. Sharapova has shown the best form in recent weeks of people who could beat her, but it would still take an off day from Williams for that to happen. Shame that Azarenka won't be able to play this year.

Also hoping Heather Watson can put a bit of a run together.

Tennisfanatic, do you ever blog about the WTA?

Not so far, I've only been blogging for a week but it's something I'll definitely think about in the future, probably mainly around the slams as I don't watch anywhere near as much women's tennis in the other weeks of the season, especially recently now that my love interest Laura Robson is off the tour.

Are you from England? I also noticed you were a fan of Murray in the ATP
I hope Laura's wrist surgery will be successful.I havent read any updated news regarding her surgery

I am indeed, and very willing to get swept up in local bias :cool:

I am married to a Brit...so I know how to handle you..;)

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Calvy said:
Max Miryni, really? She would be better off with a lefty, like Verdesco.

She has already won Wimbledon and

USO Mixed Doubles GS titles with Max.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
RJD11 said:
Calvy said:

I personally fee Serena would be better sticking with Max,as they have been a good combination in the past.

Verdasco is too flaky for me.Runs too hot and cold at times.

rugged

Futures Player
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
^ I thought about Tsonga, and thinking about the two strong personalities playing, I was rejecting the idea. However, giving it more thought, if they clicked, they could be an amazing team. Both great athletes. And I know we're talking about what would be best for Serena's tennis. But with her French, and his game…I actually think that could be great for HIS tennis, if it worked. As to how it would benefit Serena: not sure. Except that it's a much more interesting answer than Isner. If they worked as a pair they could catch real fire. But I will say again, it would likely benefit Tsonga more than Serena. That said…what does she really need?

I would love to see Serena and Tsonga team up!! I have been hoping for it. It would be good for Serena with the French crowd if she and he won it. And it might give Tsonga a bit of motivation to do better in singles.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
RJD11 said:
Calvy said:

True, but, that was what 15 years ago. What worked 15 years ago might not work now, and Miryni is up there in age.

Verdesco is an accomplished doubles and singles player, and his being a lefty give that pairing a powerful ground game from right and left. The fact Fernando rarely gets to layer stages of slams anymore, keeps him fresh and one would believe hungry.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiu said:
Early talk and early pick!
I promise we won't haunt you if you pick wrong, you can change your mind later...I do all the time!

This is a fun Poll!
For this poll I am listing 10 choices, the top 9 and a bonus, I will make this poll private so no one can see who you voted for. Vote without consequence! Vote for your favorite. You can even pick more than one! Not exactly a scientific poll.
:)

Who do you want to win?

Give me them votes.

You should seriously consider taking Vika out and replacing her with Ana in the poll.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Would not be nice if both the Men's champion and the Women's champion get their
18th Slam at RG?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
18th Slam at RG?

Honestly I am hoping that Serena can win her 18th GS at the French

I am not going to comment regarding who I would like to win on the mens side....I dont want to jinx my player....;)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
GameSetAndMath said:
18th Slam at RG?

I am not going to comment regarding who I would like to win on the mens side....I dont want to jinx my player....;)

You already jinxed (not one, but two of them) by posting your wishes in the ATP poll thread.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
fashionista said:
GameSetAndMath said:
18th Slam at RG?

You already jinxed (not one, but two of them) by posting your wishes in the ATP poll thread.

A women is allowed to 'wish' by the way...:cool:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a reminder you can watch the live draw for Roland Garos...go to wtatennis.com...Friday morning 11.30am Paris time (5.30am ET)

rugged

Futures Player
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
I want Serena to win. I want her to end her career with at least 3-4 Roland Garros titles.

Same here. I think she will get it again this year. Just watched the draw and hate that she and Venus may have to play early.

toshiroh

Reactions
Ana's draw is terrible- she won't make the final. Even her first round is questionable
Li has a cake walk draw.
Sharapova's could be tricky.
Serena's could be tricky if it doesn't fall apart. Her and Zheng have never played on clay. Their mathes are always weird.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I started in Jan thinking Serena would not defend (that's because I thought she would get 18 in Aus). Now looking at the draw and the fact that Vika is out, I don't know who would stop her.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Calvy said:
RJD11 said:
Calvy said:

True, but, that was what 15 years ago. What worked 15 years ago might not work now, and Miryni is up there in age.

Verdesco is an accomplished doubles and singles player, and his being a lefty give that pairing a powerful ground game from right and left. The fact Fernando rarely gets to layer stages of slams anymore, keeps him fresh and one would believe hungry.

They also may be like fine wine.....gets better with age.

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
toshiroh said:
Ana's draw is terrible- she won't make the final. Even her first round is questionable
Li has a cake walk draw.
Sharapova's could be tricky.
Serena's could be tricky if it doesn't fall apart. Her and Zheng have never played on clay. Their mathes are always weird.
The thing with draws though is that they never work out as expected. Some players will unexpectedly lose early. Others will do much better than expected. For some who seem to have an impossible draw now it will open up if one or two of the big guns would lose. And others who seem to have a cakewalk may run into a non-entity who plays the match of her life. I mean, just look at the mens side. We're only halfway through the first round and two outsiders for the title Wawrinka and Nishikori are already out.