WTA News and Gossip 2017

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: WTA News and Gossip 2017

freedomsmom said:
Kieran said:
Hey, "butch?" That description actually fits Serena to a T. It's not an indicator of sexual allegiance, however...
Flat chest, no hips and a wide flat a$$ (a butch) does not describe Serena Williams. Conflating a curvy very femine body with being butch is evidence of a dull mind. You thoughts about sexual allegiance has no actual impact on Serena Williams lived life.

Actually, we seem to have hit upon a language difference: a bird who's built like a middleweight boxer and has attributes the seventies used to allocate to the male is usually considered "butch."

Maria is feminine and pretty and soft. She's only butch when she's squealing like a stuck pig. I don't like Maria - I like Serena (when she ain't cheating) - but if you ask most blokes....sorry, but it isn't Serena.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Kieran said:
freedomsmom said:
Kieran said:
Hey, "butch?" That description actually fits Serena to a T. It's not an indicator of sexual allegiance, however...
Flat chest, no hips and a wide flat a$$ (a butch) does not describe Serena Williams. Conflating a curvy very femine body with being butch is evidence of a dull mind. You thoughts about sexual allegiance has no actual impact on Serena Williams lived life.

Actually, we seem to have hit upon a language difference: a bird who's built like a middleweight boxer and has attributes the seventies used to allocate to the male is usually considered "butch."

Maria is feminine and pretty and soft. She's only butch when she's squealing like a stuck pig. I don't like Maria - I like Serena (when she ain't cheating) - but if you ask most blokes....sorry, but it isn't Serena.
most broke blokes that sit in their mother s basement busy hating on an engaged Rena who is about to marry a young millionaire....:lolz:....pova likes women and doesnt care for blokes like you..:laydownlaughing...she is the bloke..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Kieran said:
freedomsmom said:
Kieran said:

Do you feel Sloane who shows a lot of muscular definition is butch..she is very much feminine and a lady., The same applies to Serena..Not fair to refer to Serena because she is built better than any Greek goddess..that's very unfair because it's genetics not anything masculine about her. Most blokes that I know regardless of their ethnicity would die to have their lady with Serena's hour glass figure. Not fair at all Kieran.:nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Look lads, a middleweight boxer in a tutu is not feminine. It's butch. It's got nothing to do with the fact that she's huge, and nothing to do with ethnicity. It's to do with how when she threatened to ram a tennis ball up a lineswomans hole, you kinda believed she could do it, right? She's that rough and strong and aggressive. When she curtseys and bows and tries all the cutesy eyelash stuff on the winners podium, there's something glittering and gruesome and unnatural about it.

There's a reason why Maria always did well with advertisers, earning way more than anyone else. I don't make the rules! And before you spew your coffee into your cornflakes, Navratilova was butch and she's my favourite female tennis player. I don't mind tennis players being butch because it's a physical game, they're out to win and Serena and Martina are both great winners.

And I only mentioned Serena in this light because of tossips witty monologue against Maria, which is so often spot on, but in this case was well wide of the mark...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
Kieran said:
I thought Serena was taking private lessons from Patrick? :popcorn
You're so late Kieran. :devil That was 2 years ago. They've both moved on since then. His new girlfriend is having a baby and Serena met this guy.

Well, Serena's boyfriend really must be a confident because that's a lotta bootie (Serena's) to spending that much time with her ex whom happens to be her coach.

freedomsmom

Reactions

Kieran said:
Look lads, a middleweight boxer in a tutu is not feminine. It's butch. It's got nothing to do with the fact that she's huge, and nothing to do with ethnicity. It's to do with how when she threatened to ram a tennis ball up a lineswomans hole, you kinda believed she could do it, right? She's that rough and strong and aggressive. When she curtseys and bows and tries all the cutesy eyelash stuff on the winners podium, there's something glittering and gruesome and unnatural about it.

There's a reason why Maria always did well with advertisers, earning way more than anyone else. I don't make the rules! And before you spew your coffee into your cornflakes, Navratilova was butch and she's my favourite female tennis player. I don't mind tennis players being butch because it's a physical game, they're out to win and Serena and Martina are both great winners.

And I only mentioned Serena in this light because of tossips witty monologue against Maria, which is so often spot on, but in this case was well wide of the mark...

Post a photo of a middle weight boxer who reminds you of Serena Williams. Your own race fantasy is gleaned from centuries of white supremacist ideation.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Here is Carolines AO outfit - not bad me thinks - what's your babes?

C1GWU61XgAANYJw.jpg

C1GWU8XWgAA6ywK.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

No, court will be blue and she will be blue, it will be tough to distinguish :)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

freedomsmom said:
Kieran said:

Post a photo of a middle weight boxer who reminds you of Serena Williams. Your own race fantasy is gleaned from centuries of white supremacist ideation.

f1220d24ec8f7fee8a69235804d4cc37.jpg

b7213a50c1d45ed02d907f74fb9075ed.jpg

4b6c7d45bd040db93fb900e853f8e3cf.jpg

This whole racism nonsense is so old at this stage. She'd look just as huge for a woman if she were white...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Front242 said:
freedomsmom said:
Kieran said:

This whole racism nonsense is so old at this stage. She'd look just as huge for a woman if she were white...

It's funny you say the whole racism nonsense is old. However you chose to attach photos of minorities females boxers instead of a Caucasian female boxer/athlete.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

It was the most appropriate comparison seeing as the poster above asked for photos to be posted of a middleweight boxer who reminds people of Serena Williams. But I can gladly post pictures of white butch looking females too if you want.

freedomsmom

Reactions

Front242 said:
freedomsmom said:
Kieran said:

The photos of the women you posted are very femine not butch. None of the ladies including Serena are huge. The lens you view Serena Williams and I suspect all non - white human beings via is distorted.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

That's hilarious and sad that you feel that way. There's nothing distorted about seeing women with way bigger biceps and shoulders than the average woman and saying (and quite rightly so) that they look more butch than women without big manly shoulders and arms. It's obvious most women aren't built like that. They're not huge obviously but in comparison to an average female they are. And you suspect rather childishly and incorrectly that I view all non white people with a "distorted lens". What utter bs. I said in my post above, "This whole racism nonsense is so old at this stage. She'd look just as huge for a woman if she were white..." which you seem to have missed.

You asked for photos of female boxers and I posted pictures of black boxers for a comparison because funnily enough Serena Williams is black and therefore it makes sense seeing as you asked for pictures of boxers that remind people of her. If someone asked me to post a photo of someone who looks like me, I'd hardly post a photo of Bruce Lee seeing as I'm not Asian. Duh. It's called common sense.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Front242 said:
That's hilarious and sad that you feel that way. There's nothing distorted about seeing women with way bigger biceps and shoulders than the average woman and saying (and quite rightly so) that they look more butch than women without big manly shoulders and arms. It's obvious most women aren't built like that. They're not huge obviously but in comparison to an average female they are. And you suspect rather childishly and incorrectly that I view all non white people with a "distorted lens". What utter bs. I said in my post above, "This whole racism nonsense is so old at this stage. She'd look just as huge for a woman if she were white..." which you seem to have missed.

You asked for photos of female boxers and I posted pictures of black boxers for a comparison because funnily enough Serena Williams is black and therefore it makes sense seeing as you asked for pictures of boxers that remind people of her. If someone asked me to post a photo of someone who looks like me, I'd hardly post a photo of Bruce Lee seeing as I'm not Asian. Duh. It's called common sense.

Front..I didn't ask or have any sort of inquiry of some photos that would support your argument, that was another poster..

My reply to Kieran was what he posted was unfair to Serena saying she is perceived to be "butch" because of her genetic body type or that she yelled her displeasure with the line judge biased footfault call during a crucial point in her US Open match. Sloane has the same muscular definition, so would she be called butch too if she yells at a umpire or line judge.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

It's cool, AP. I meant freedomsmom. Man, A LOT of the WTA players look butch. The thing that people need to calm the hell down about is the perceived and completely false "racism". If a chick has massive arms unlike other women, then clearly they stand out like a sore thumb, doesn't matter what race they are. Though she's toned it down somewhat last few years (off the steroids in light of the Armstrong debacle perhaps?), Sam Stosur had arms like a body builder around 2010.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

It's nonsense to bring race into it, when I already used Martina as another example of a rough tough broad who's also butch. Bringing race into it is the same as saying, "okay, you're right, I have no argument against what you said, but I dislike that you said it, so..." :cover

We can all very easily agree that Serena is butch, and it has nothing to do with her race. It's because she's built like trouble and has a temper like a bully and fierceness that would make a US Navy SEAL duck for cover. Good for her - it wins her tennis matches.

AP, I mentioned Serena for the reasons I told you above: tossip was being silly in calling Maria butch, while ignoring the fact that if Maria is butch, then Serena is BUTCH. It's silly, but of course, I couldn't let the easy opportunity pass, standing over the net and facing an empty court. ;)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

38mMOWWpRUt1NzD5KvBg_57edec985e375c67212adabadcacd083.jpg

Someone posted this over on tennis.com a few days ago and I think this sums it all up as far as butch is concerned and, frankly, there's not much disputing it really. I've seen photos where she looks much prettier mind you. But that's a scary looking photo. :s

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Here are others for those with issues about "racism" too. They're all butch...

0Jvqpb8.jpg

Screen%20shot%202015-01-20%20at%207.jpeg

schiavone.jpg

sara-errani.jpg

150912212449-vinci-reax-exlarge-169.jpg

carla-muscles.jpg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Kieran said:
It's nonsense to bring race into it, when I already used Martina as another example of a rough tough broad who's also butch. Bringing race into it is the same as saying, "okay, you're right, I have no argument against what you said, but I dislike that you said it, so..." :cover

We can all very easily agree that Serena is butch, and it has nothing to do with her race. It's because she's built like trouble and has a temper like a bully and fierceness that would make a US Navy SEAL duck for cover. Good for her - it wins her tennis matches.

AP, I mentioned Serena for the reasons I told you above: tossip was being silly in calling Maria butch, while ignoring the fact that if Maria is butch, then Serena is BUTCH. It's silly, but of course, I couldn't let the easy opportunity pass, standing over the net and facing an empty court. ;)

My sister in law is a bodybuilder who has a lot of definition especially when she is posing for competitive contest. Her Father has even said unbeknownst to her that her face looks way too thin or man like but no one considers her to be butch.She was extremely feminine prior to changing her body to compete and afterwards but she is still very much feminine. I have two daughters who have played high school basketball but are not butch. Gents, it's considered to be a very degrading term to the ladies. That's what I have been educated by them and my mixed doubles partners. That's why I stated Kieran your verbiage is very unfair to Serena or any woman regardless of their ethnicity.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

My sister in law is a bodybuilder who has a lot of definition especially when she is posing for competitive contest. Her Father has even said unbeknownst to her that her face looks way too thin or man like but no one considers her to be butch.She was extremely feminine prior to changing her body to compete and afterwards but she is still very much feminine. I have two daughters who have played high school basketball but are not butch. Gents, it's considered to be a very degrading term to the ladies. That's what I have been educated by them and my mixed doubles partners. That's why I stated Kieran your verbiage is very unfair to Serena or any woman regardless of their ethnicity.

Hey buddy, there's people who don't like being called fat either, but they're fat. Now, I'm not gonna call somebody fat but you get my drift. I'm tall and slender, and could be considered "skinny". Big deal. It's no problem.

I admire Serena, always have. Loved Martina! And Martina was butch...