• Other (please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
golds girl said:
Anyone know what happened with the Kimiko match?

Yeah she won 64 67 64 in quite an interesting match - well done Kimiko you still play a good game of tennis.

Remember you can follow the matches on:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/20140331/vv5338eb97a3c169.90434016-786540.html

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
golds girl said:

Sorry no...I was just checking the SB on her match
I was watching Errani v Bencic on a wonky stream.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
hoergren said:
golds girl said:

Yeah she won 64 67 64 in quite an interesting match - well done Kimiko you still play a good game of tennis.

Remember you can follow the matches on:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/20140331/vv5338eb97a3c169.90434016-786540.html

Thanks Hoergren :)

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wo0zniacki got through in a hard fought match which was filled with many errors but also a lot of good shots from both players - Pliskova did her best.:clap

BkbibdmCYAAZoTp.jpg

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Semi final day Saturday, April 05, 2014

Cancha Central
16:00 Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN) V Jovana Jaksic (SRB) 76 46 46
18:00 [3] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) V [2] Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 67 46

R

Rose

I was very happy with the results of yesterday's tennis with both Caro and Ana winning :D But now they have to play each other :cry

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lets see if Kimiko Date-Krumm can make it to the final......I really hope she can.

It should be a good match between Caroline and Ana.May the best player win.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Intense match going on between Krumm and Jaksic. Krumm won first set 76 and they are now battling about every ball using all angles of the court. Krumm has the edge but down with a break breaking back and about losing it again. Jaksic won second set, so0 we need a decider. It'll be a long night. Good match.

If you didn't watch the Caroline Pliskova match here is your chance:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtXT60b9Rag&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Jovana Jaksic making your first WTA final.Well done.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In a tight match Ana Ivanovic won in straights - keeping the tradition not playing 3 setters - 76 64. A good match where - again - Caroline was close. But she's fighting now and victories will come. Congrats to Ana for her win. And Caroline - Caddie time :)

rubydo

Reactions
Yes, hoergren, I like the way Caroline has found a new dimension to her game, she is showing more toughness and not relying on the opposing player to make mistakes. She needs to create her own opportunities to gain points. This could be a kind of rebirth for her. Still needs more power on the serve but there were instances that she showed that, in parts of the match I was able to watch.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One thing I've thought a little of is the missing Hawk-eye in some tournaments like Monterrey. It was quite obvious Saturday when Ana and Caro played. They both play with shots licking the lines and I must say that both the line judges AND the umpire made mistakes.You could see the irritaion from the players in both semis that they didn't believe their shots were out. It's not an excuse for Caro's defeat because it's a well earned victory for Ana in a good match, but players today play so much better than a few years back. Hawk-eye on all major courts thanks.

How can an umpire be so sure that the ball is over the baseline seen from her chair - never - unless it's with a lot of space between - THIS shot was not.:nono

ozza

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
hoergren said:
One thing I've thought a little of is the missing Hawk-eye in some tournaments like Monterrey. It was quite obvious Saturday when Ana and Caro played. They both play with shots licking the lines and I must say that both the line judges AND the umpire made mistakes.You could see the irritaion from the players in both semis that they didn't believe their shots were out. It's not an excuse for Caro's defeat because it's a well earned victory for Ana in a good match, but players today play so much better than a few years back. Hawk-eye on all major courts thanks.

How can an umpire be so sure that the ball is over the baseline seen from her chair - never - unless it's with a lot of space between - THIS shot was not.:nono

This is a dream world scenario. The reality is this isn't a major court, it's not a big event. The only way the WTA could enforce something like this is to impose it on every international event. A lot probably wouldn't be happy about this, because it's an extra expense they can do without when they are often run on very tight budgets. Monterrey is a bit different because they have a lot of money, but they still probably don't see hawkeye as worth it.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Those of you who missed this magnificent battle between the two former world #1s - here you are:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP2ZSbtiNmA[/video]

Now with sound

Great to see two players so committed.:clap

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Final day

CANCHA CENTRAL
Starting at: 16:00
DOUBLES FINAL

Timea BABOS (HUN)/Olga GOVORTSOVA (BLR)[1] vs Darija JURAK (CRO)/Megan MOULTON-LEVY (USA)[3] 67 63 9-11

Not Before 18:00
SINGLES FINAL

Jovana JAKSIC (SRB) vs Ana IVANOVIC (SRB)[2] 62 61