WTA Miami

Who will win WTA Miami?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
Why do you always look for the negative, wth?!?!?! You're such a "glass half empty" type.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Let's hope Hingis repays Lisicki for the doubles title by helping her win some singles titles. I question whether withdrawing from singles but playing doubles was the right decision. It was odd.

There is no way Lisicki should be ranked outside the top ten. She is underachieving.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
10sfan said:
Let's hope Hingis repays Lisicki for the doubles title by helping her win some singles titles. I question whether withdrawing from singles but playing doubles was the right decision. It was odd.

There is no way Lisicki should be ranked outside the top ten. She is underachieving.

Pay Lisicki back? What are you talking about? I wasn't paying attention much, but didn't Hingis come aboard as a coach for Lisicki in January? :nono :huh: :puzzled :cool:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I am not implying that Hingis was not doing her job. I am saying I hope Hingis does her job and helps Lisicki because she should be ranked higher. I think you misunderstood my post

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
10sfan said:

Apparently she had a virus,that was the reason she withdrew from singles,then played doubles.
Lisicki has had injury problems too in her career.I also feel at times she has to keep her emotions in check.She is a good grass player but has failed on the other surfaces.Her game is suited to HC.I really thought she would have won Wimbledon,though all credit to Bartoli who was just too good on the day and deserved her win.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
10sfan said:
I am not implying that Hingis was not doing her job. I am saying I hope Hingis does her job and helps Lisicki because she should be ranked higher. I think you misunderstood my post

Oh I understood you perfectly! I'm just being difficult due to Hingis being one of my faves and highly undervalued as the #1 player in her day! When the WTA was just about to flounder with the end of some careers and the start of new and great ones, Hingis tieth them over for a few years until the Williams' came of age! Martina holds records that will probably never be eclipsed due to her tender age and lack of physical strength! Lisicki should take it as an honor that Hingis took her on and is playing with her; guaranteeing her name will be forever be mentioned at times just because of that partnership! Like Navratilova, name recognition is expanded to others around them just because of their past tenure at the top of the WTA! :angel: :cool:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well maybe winning a doubles title may translate into her singles game and make Sabine feel like a winner again.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Tennis fans respect Hingis precisely because she did not possess the power to have physical weapons. She won with her tennis IQ which most would admit is one of the highest, if not the highest, in the history of the sport.

Aga, upon hearing that people compare her to Hingis, stated that she is flattered by the compliment.