Wow - Caroline Wozniacki

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
http://online.wsj.com/articles/caroline-wozniacki-tenniss-object-of-fascination-1411426603#livefyre-comment

I like Caroline and all just because she's a good friend of Serena's, and because she seems like a really sweet person. But this is the part that got me.

" Her agents, Tobias and Drew LeMesurier of Lagardère Unlimited, had come to give her the full picture of the financial opportunities coming in."
Only after making a final. I wonder where are the financial opportunities for Serena, after winning the title and having 18 majors under her belt.

After losing to Serena Williams in the U.S. Open final this month, Caroline Wozniacki followed the timeworn ritual of the runner-up. She accepted her trophy, talked to the press, gathered her belongings and zoomed off in a courtesy car bound for her apartment in Manhattan.

About 30 minutes later, however, she arrived back at the tennis center, a look of mild panic on her face. "I forgot to pick up my prize money," she said.

After rejuvenating her career with a 43-16 record this season, the Danish-born Wozniacki, who is just 24, has accomplished something arguably more difficult than winning a Grand Slam tournament: She has become the tennis world's chief object of fascination.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
she needs to be more cognizant with her finances otherwise they will rob her blind.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
I am surprised the US Open has not switched to electronic payment, while I was in DC for the award presentation there, they announced all was done via electronic funds transfer and no more checks were being issued.

It was a good article in Wall Street Journal.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
May be Caroline did not sign up for direct deposit....lol

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kiu said:
I am surprised the US Open has not switched to electronic payment, while I was in DC for the award presentation there, they announced all was done via electronic funds transfer and no more checks were being issued.

It was a good article in Wall Street Journal.

That was my thought, too. I figured this was done either by direct deposit, or checks of this size were mailed to their accountants.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
special700 said:
http://online.wsj.com/articles/caroline-wozniacki-tenniss-object-of-fascination-1411426603#livefyre-comment

I like Caroline and all just because she's a good friend of Serena's, and because she seems like a really sweet person. But this is the part that got me.

" Her agents, Tobias and Drew LeMesurier of Lagardère Unlimited, had come to give her the full picture of the financial opportunities coming in."
Only after making a final. I wonder where are the financial opportunities for Serena, after winning the title and having 18 majors under her belt.

After losing to Serena Williams in the U.S. Open final this month, Caroline Wozniacki followed the timeworn ritual of the runner-up. She accepted her trophy, talked to the press, gathered her belongings and zoomed off in a courtesy car bound for her apartment in Manhattan.

About 30 minutes later, however, she arrived back at the tennis center, a look of mild panic on her face. "I forgot to pick up my prize money," she said.

After rejuvenating her career with a 43-16 record this season, the Danish-born Wozniacki, who is just 24, has accomplished something arguably more difficult than winning a Grand Slam tournament: She has become the tennis world's chief object of fascination.
I think Serena is a very wealthy woman and probably gets bonuses from her sponsors.Serena has been a millionaire for seventeen years and is worth over $100mil and will continue to make money well after she retires because of name recognition.

K

Kenneth

so Wozniacki likes to be a troll :laydownlaughing

"At a tournament, she once pranked fellow pro Maria Sharapova during a TV interview by trying to pop a balloon behind her. On another occasion she stuffed her own shirt and skirt with towels to imitate the physique of Serena Williams, her close friend. She interrupted a 2011 Wimbledon news conference of Novak Djokovic's to grill him on his "losing streak of one." Last fall, she tweeted a picture of McIlroy sleeping with his mouth wide open and glasses still on."

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
That's a great article. I'm not sure that I agree with some of their assessments. Comparing Wozniaki's 10 million year to Li Na/Sharapova's 18+ million year ignores the fact that they have 7 slams between them and Woz hasn't won one yet.

Marketing wise, yes, she could be golden. She's young, beautiful, and has an effervescent personality. To be honest I imagine Wozniaki would be a lot more fun to watch in an advertisement than cold Sharapova has ever been.

I think Woz is a lot like Venus Williams. She really just loves this game. Yes it provides her with a great lifestyle but at the end of the day this is just what she finds fun.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
sk310 said:
That's a great article. I'm not sure that I agree with some of their assessments. Comparing Wozniaki's 10 million year to Li Na/Sharapova's 18+ million year ignores the fact that they have 7 slams between them and Woz hasn't won one yet.

Marketing wise, yes, she could be golden. She's young, beautiful, and has an effervescent personality. To be honest I imagine Wozniaki would be a lot more fun to watch in an advertisement than cold Sharapova has ever been.

I think Woz is a lot like Venus Williams. She really just loves this game. Yes it provides her with a great lifestyle but at the end of the day this is just what she finds fun.
Wozniacki has endeared herself with the public after the breakup...she learned a lesson after dissing Serena .She learned that she can use Serena s connections in America to get ahead...she is expanding her fanbase and when she beat pova who appeared wooden and stuck up she came off as warm and likeable that was icing on the cake....

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
tossip said:
sk310 said:

Wozniacki has endeared herself with the public after the breakup...she learned a lesson after dissing Serena .She learned that she can use Serena s connections in America to get ahead...she is expanding her fanbase and when she beat pova who appeared wooden and stuck up she came off as warm and likeable that was icing on the cake....

Caro doesnt use Serena as a tool for the USA market. :D Serena would have felt such phony behaviour immediately. Caro is not the type imo. The Rori affair was a great maturing lesson for her. She is a much better person now.
Had she married Rori she would have been a lesser person! Life is full with such ironies :)
She may have been more happy but a shallower person.. its ironic
Sometimes what seems good is not really good, and what seems bad is actually a good thing.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
sk310 said:

This is ridiculous. Caroline and Serena have been public about their friendship for years. Woz visited Serena when she was in the hospital. I'm sorry but the whole tennis world doesn't rise and fall by Serena.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
sk310 said:

Also you have to realize that there is only a VERY small amount of people who actually follow tennis gossip. The average tennis watcher does not know or care that Serena and Caroline are friends.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
sk310 said:

Yes because now most of Serena's fans are now Woz's fans. She knows hanging out with Serena she will meet "A" list people. I also believe that she is a true friend to Serena. As a matter of fact, I believe she was Vee's friend first and she was the only other person who Vee played doubles with. And way back when Richard referred to Woz as his white daughter, so they were connected way back when.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
tossip said:
sk310 said:

Caro doesnt use Serena as a tool for the USA market. :D Serena would have felt such phony behaviour immediately. Caro is not the type imo. The Rori affair was a great maturing lesson for her. She is a much better person now.
Had she married Rori she would have been a lesser person! Life is full with such ironies :)
She may have been more happy but a shallower person.. its ironic
Sometimes what seems good is not really good, and what seems bad is actually a good thing.

That statement is so, so true.