Wimbledon 2014 final: Federer vs Djokovic

whooo???

• Total voters

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
If Novak loses the bookies need to do some serious work on their odds next time.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
If Roger wins I wonder if Sampras will present the trophy. Kieran wouldn't like that :D

They usually decide who presents the trophy well in advance before they have
any clue as to who will win the trophy. I am not sure who it is this time. But, I
am very positive that it won't be Pete. Pete does not like to travel these days
and they have to really put a lot of pressure to bring Pete for the 2009 Wimbledon.

p.s. Wimbledon can save some expenses by calling one of the coaches sitting out
there for trophy presentation. ;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Novak listed as favourite? Who did the odds? DarthFed? :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Front242 said:
If Roger wins I wonder if Sampras will present the trophy. Kieran wouldn't like that :D

any clue as to who will win the trophy. I am not sure who it is this time. But, I
and they have to really put a lot of pressure to bring Pete for the 2009 Wimbledon.

It's always a royal. The Wimbledon committee don't go in for those sort of hoi polloi thingies. Only a person with blue blood who can trace their family back to the Magna Carta can present the bling to the sweaty scruffs who win it...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
On Roger's side, isn't this the very very really really final chance to win a major? He's not gonna get a better one, is he? On grass, against Nole, who's never beaten him on grass.

May be so, if Roger loses.

However, if he wins this one, there will be a spring in his step and one more major
down the horizon may be at USO or at Wimby again.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Front242 said:

It's always a royal. The Wimbledon committee don't go in for those sort of hoi polloi thingies. Only a person with blue blood who can trace their family back to the Magna Carta can present the bling to the sweaty scruffs who win it...

Not always. Pete presented the trophy to Roger in 2009 after Roger defeated Roddick in
the final. Did you forget?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:
On Roger's side, isn't this the very very really really final chance to win a major? He's not gonna get a better one, is he? On grass, against Nole, who's never beaten him on grass.

However, if he wins this one, there will be a spring in his step and one more major

That's what I think - but with the usual caveat, as ever, in place...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Front242 said:

Not always. Pete presented the trophy to Roger in 2009 after Roger defeated Roddick in
the final. Did you forget?

No, your memory is defective. It was a chinless wonder:

5d06708f22c71395a246d82ae760002a.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Is Novak listed as favourite? Who did the odds? DarthFed? :laydownlaughing

Well he was favourite before the tournament started and may yet win, but just saying if he loses yet another slam final they need to think hard before making him the favourite again.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:

That's what I think - but with the usual caveat, as ever, in place...

Don't worry, Rafa will probably still be crap on grass next year :snigger Is that what you meant ? :D

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
No, I meant that your boy won't ever win another slam beating Rafa... ;)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:

My point exactly. He won't have to! :p

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I will say anybody who thinks roger is in a pitiable position if he loses is insane. The guy has seventeen majors?!

By all means root for your guy, but it is hardly a tail of woe!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

My point exactly. He won't have to! :p

Luckily for him, he hasn't had to for years. We all know what would happen if he did have to. ;)

Anyway, let's not pedal this one to Fedal, eh? ;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
I will say anybody who thinks roger is in a pitiable position if he loses is insane. The guy has seventeen majors?!

This is true. Roger will be the oldest champ in about a million years if he wins, so a loss would hardly be a disgrace...

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Riotbeard said:

This is true. Roger will be the oldest champ in about a million years if he wins, so a loss would hardly be a disgrace...

Yeah, he is facing a guy in his prime who has way less titles. Don't get me wrong, there isn't much reason for a Novak pity party either. Both guys have achieved a great deal, but whatever happens sunday, we all know novak will be pretty far behind Fed in the list of great, so don't peddle a Roger as victim narrative in my direction :cool:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
OH you are right, Pete was "just a special guest" and was not even called to be on the
stage during presentation.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Nole needs to raise his game significantly on Sunday, and not fall into victim mode, raising his hands and looking doe-eyed towards his box. Trust me, Federer will be fierce and sharp on Sunday. And if Nole isn't ready to bring everything, including his dinner and his flat screen TV, he'll lose badly. He's not a guy Roger likes, to add fuel to the mix. Nole can't get despondent at any stage

I also thinks he needs to serve like he did today, in the first set. He's suffering concentration lapses, maybe related to confidence, I'm not sure, but he's dropping sets through his own lapses, and that will be fatal too...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, definitely Nole is losing sets due to concentration lapses. If he can give one like that
to Fed, Fed can take the other two himself.