Who will win Roland Garros 2016 men's singles titles?

B

Bettingrunner

2 more days to start the tournament. The most awaited grand slam in Europe!
Will it be a battle between Rafael Nadal vs Novak Djokovic this year? Or is it going to be a surprise winner like last year?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gun to head.. Djokovic takes his first Roland Garros Title. Plenty of doubts though. I think it's a tougher assignment than it was a year ago.

B

Bettingrunner

Ya everybody says it's going to be Djokovic's first Roland Garros title this year....BUT he never won 1 so far AND he surprisingly lost to Wawrinka last year! So I doubt it.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bookies say Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, Wawrinka, Nishikori, Thiem. I agree with that assessment, although I dont really think Wawrinka will do anything this year.

footygirl

Reactions
Gun to head.. Djokovic takes his first Roland Garros Title. Plenty of doubts though. I think it's a tougher assignment than it was a year ago.

Don't rule Murray out, he is playing well. Hope Nadal ends up in Novak's half of the draw

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't rule Murray out, he is playing well. Hope Nadal ends up in Novak's half of the draw
I don't think anyone is ruling Murray out. Naturally, I will be hoping that Nadal is in Murray's half. I don't think it's Thiem's year, yet. He's got a good shot at being a spoiler, though, so I'll be hoping he lands near Djokovic and far away from Rafa. And Wawrinka seems to be playing like he's taking defending seriously, so I wouldn't count him out for damage, though I don't think he'll repeat.

masterclass

Masters Champion
Reactions
hbJ4xB5.jpg

Rides

Reactions
Wawrinka came through the draw in classic French Open style last year - under the radar, quality player that no one saw holding the trophy.

Prior to Nadal (and Borg during his heyday) the unpredictability of the French Open has always been one of the most interesting aspects about the tournament.

My man Monfils is out now. My dark horse now will be Goffin. If I had to put money on it, I'd choose Murray though.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't think anyone is ruling Murray out. Naturally, I will be hoping that Nadal is in Murray's half. I don't think it's Thiem's year, yet. He's got a good shot at being a spoiler, though, so I'll be hoping he lands near Djokovic and far away from Rafa. And Wawrinka seems to be playing like he's taking defending seriously, so I wouldn't count him out for damage, though I don't think he'll repeat.

Karma baby!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Karma baby!
Who's karma are you talking about, D? Anyway, I stand by it...Thiem has spoiler potential. Though as I mentioned in the other thread: he's got a final tomorrow v. Zverev, which I think will be hard fought, and then he's got potentially 2 Spaniards, including GGLopez, and possibly Zverev again before he even gets to the 4th round, if he does, so he might be more beat up than I expected when I was imagining his RG this year.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Who's karma are you talking about, D? Anyway, I stand by it...Thiem has spoiler potential. Though as I mentioned in the other thread: he's got a final tomorrow v. Zverev, which I think will be hard fought, and then he's got potentially 2 Spaniards, including GGLopez, and possibly Zverev again before he even gets to the 4th round, if he does, so he might be more beat up than I expected when I was imagining his RG this year.
Agreed, that's a tough road for Thiem. I don't get players playing these small events before a slam. Basically means you admit you don't have a chance at the slam win, excepting you are called wawrinka of course.