Whom would you rather see win 2016 Roland Garros?

Whom would you rather see win Roland Garros (up to two choices)?

• Rafael Nadal winning his 10th RG title, and 15th major, going ahead of Sampras

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Djokovic winning his 1st RG title, for his career slam, 12th major, tied with Roy Emerson

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Wawrinka winning his 2nd RG title, and 3rd major, moving him ahead of Murray and a host of others.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Federer winning his 2nd RG title, 2nd career slam, and 18th major, surpassing himself.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • A younger player like Thiem. It's time for players under 23 yrs old to make their mark.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Murray winning his 1st RG title and 3rd major to move him ahead of Wawrinka and others.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nishikori to win his 1st major title and score one for the #Lost Generation

• Ferrer to win his 1st major title as a reward for his hard effort through the years.

• Some other player - please provide their name.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

masterclass

Masters Champion
Reactions
Vote in the poll. You can choose up to 2 options.

This is about which player you want to see win it, not the player you think might win it, though those could be one and the same. :)
Explain your reasons if desired.

Stade Roland Garros
French_Open.jpg

Future Stade Roland Garros with retractable roof and lighting. Completion? Circa 2019.

b_Les_amenagements_-_visuel_entree.jpg

150521130653-french-open-expansion-exlarge-169.png

Respectfully,
masterclass

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Ooooh... those are some tough choices. I went for Nishikori winning his first slam and Roger getting his 18th. I would actually prefer Kei to win his first slam. But I also would be happy to see another Stanimal session. To be honest I have no problem with a number of those scenarios. Can't wait!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ooooh... those are some tough choices. I went for Nishikori winning his first slam and Roger getting his 18th. I would actually prefer Kei to win his first slam. But I also would be happy to see another Stanimal session. To be honest I have no problem with a number of those scenarios. Can't wait!

Yeah, there are a few good scenarios... I would be happy to see Novak win the Career Grand Slam by taking RG...

Fed winning Number 18 - unlikely at RG, but you never know what could happen if certain players were bundled out of the tournament. That would be my fairytale pick.

Can a young gun take it? Thiem is the most likely on this surface at this stage of their upwards trajectory... probably too early for him, but it would be sensational if he (or one of the others) stepped up.

Bert

Masters Champion
Reactions
Website
www.effibet.weebly.com
Mahut being the first French player winning the men tournament since 1983 and Yanninck Noah, playing a fantastic serve-volley game during 2 weeks. I would be watching the final with my friend Britbox laughing at this 100$ bet we put on him before the tournament and the small fortune we made :)

More seriously, I would like to see a Monfils reaching the final.

Reactions: britbox

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Mahut being the first French player winning the men tournament since 1983 and Yanninck Noah, playing a fantastic serve-volley game during 2 weeks. I would be watching the final with my friend Britbox laughing at this 100$ bet we put on him before the tournament and the small fortune we made :)

Yes I would like to see a French man win it. Probably more than any other scenario, and my pick of them would definitely be Le Monf. And it would be cool to see him body popping at the trophy presentation :D

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wouldn't mind seeing Nadal and Djoker win it, as Nadal's 10 RG would be a record that may never be broken, and Novak..... the guy just deserves it, anyone who's made the finals that many times should win one, just like how i felt about Goran(in Wimbledon) and Federer before.

Of the others, like to see the young guns break through. If not, the also rans of this era, Wawrinka and Kei would make good winners.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I think @Rides is going for a Monfils win!

Reactions: Rides and Bert

Bert

Masters Champion
Reactions
Website
www.effibet.weebly.com
Yes I would like to see a French man win it. Probably more than any other scenario, and my pick of them would definitely be Le Monf. And it would be cool to see him body popping at the trophy presentation :D
Have you seen this video ? A sneak peek of what could happen during the trophy ceremony.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer or Djokovic--they would be such historic wins and since Roger is likely only around a few more years, him first--as I believe Novak will win at least two of them before all is said and done.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I voted for Federer, and forgot to add Cilic. The reason is simple: everyone would hate it.

masterclass

Masters Champion
Reactions

Yes, I should have had an option for Frenchman in the poll, or someone like Tsonga. But I couldn't see an option to edit the poll and add him.
He's made the semis twice, the quarters with 4 match points against Djokovic in 2012. That was a devastating loss for him.

I believe I would like to see him win it more than any other Frenchman.

He lost to eventual winner Wawrinka in the semis last year, and took more games from Stan than any other player, 20, over 4 sets. The Serbs each took 17 games over 4 sets.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Reactions: Moxie

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger's best chances will have to be on grass.

Djokovic is too fit and too focused and simply too prepared.

RG has to go to him this year.

I would not mind seeing Nishikori taking RG but that is just not going to happen.

I am going give the fragile Japanese player a nick name right now and right here:

He is to be called a tin man from now on.

Tin man has to hit the gym and start doing regular resistance training to keep injuries at bay.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tin man is a huge talent but he is too small and too fragile.

He can fix the fragile part anyway.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic hands down. For other tourney's I would consider an alternate, but not for this one.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nadal, obviously. If not, then Federer. No idea which one is more unlikely (probably Roger, if I'm honest).

I don't care about any of these young guns since they're honestly not good enough so there's no point in even hoping for one of them to win. Nadal is my favorite player so that's a no-brainer. As far as Federer goes, if he is to win one more slam, imagine if it happened to be the FO. Now that's a story.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Pro Tennis (Mens) 56