What on Earth is going on in the world today? It's gone mad

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Personally I hate holding cash. In fact I often don't even take my wallet out and just use my phone these days.
After being pickpocketed several years ago, I carry as little cash as possible. I didn’t have much on me at the time (I think around $50), but it made me angry anyway, because — unlike credit card purchases — I knew I’d never see the cash again. But the UK‘s push to go cashless is striking. I can see where it would be particularly disturbing for the poor and elderly, as @Moxie pointed out.

Reactions: Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
My favourite cafe is cashless, and it is offputting because I prefer to pay cash for stuff like that, and also because cash is legal tender yet they refuse it. Legally I don’t know if they’re on dodgy ground doing that. There have been annoyed customers. They opened just before Covid and they claimed back then that they were cashless to protect the staff…

Reactions: tented and Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
After being pickpocketed several years ago, I carry as little cash as possible. I didn’t have much on me at the time (I think around $50), but it made me angry anyway, because — unlike credit card purchases — I knew I’d never see the cash again. But the UK‘s push to go cashless is striking. I can see where it would be particularly disturbing for the poor and elderly, as @Moxie pointed out.
there are libertarian implications of going cashless. If government or employers are able to monitor your purchasing habits you're not free anymore. I know this is one of @britbox 's pet projects, and I don't necessarily buy into some of his thinking. But we're seeing the creation of social credit systems in China. It would be utterly naive to think that such a thing couldn't happen in the West

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My favourite cafe is cashless, and it is offputting because I prefer to pay cash for stuff like that, and also because cash is legal tender yet they refuse it. Legally I don’t know if they’re on dodgy ground doing that. There have been annoyed customers. They opened just before Covid and they claimed back then that they were cashless to protect the staff…
In a cafe! Seems ridiculous to get out the card for a cappuccino. Everyone started with the "no-touch" payment during Covid, which also including the obnoxiously high options for tipping. Apparently the company/companies that make the software get a portion of the take, including the tip...which is a whole 'nother irritation/conversation. Another one I hate is the QR code for the menu, which starts everyone at the table right off looking at their own phones...terrible idea. I ask for a proper menu.

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
there are libertarian implications of going cashless. If government or employers are able to monitor your purchasing habits you're not free anymore. I know this is one of @britbox 's pet projects, and I don't necessarily buy into some of his thinking. But we're seeing the creation of social credit systems in China. It would be utterly naive to think that such a thing couldn't happen in the West
This is an important point. I'm not sure what Britbox's position on it is, nor what you mean by "creation of social credit systems in China," but someone can definitely track your purchasing when you use a card. We know we've given up a lot of personal data, over the years, but we all try to keep some reasonable cap on it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There is a certain freedom and security not to have to cart around a bunch of cash, for exactly the reason you say...if someone steals it, it's gone. Even if you lose your card, you can stop it, but use the version on your phone while you wait for the replacement. If go out without your wallet, but you have your phone, you still have purchasing power.

However...as per above...this implies that you can afford a smart phone, and that you're comfortable with the technology. It implies that you have enough credit for a credit card. It also implies that you don't have issues handling credit, which a lot of people do.

Here's another point about cash: since 9/11, we in NYC, (and I'm sure many others,) have gotten a bit more serious about emergency preparedness. One of the things they tell us is to keep $200-$300 in cash, in small bills. A friend of mine made an important point about "small bills." "Do you want to pay $20 for a bottle of water?" The lesson was brought home here during Hurricane Sandy 10+ years ago. My neighborhood, and much of my surrounding area, lost power for 4+ days, (and many for a couple of weeks.) No banks, no ATMs, no subways/buses/taxis, no credit cards. I had the leg-power to go where there was still electricity and civilization (mostly 30 blocks, which is 3 miles round-trip,) but my elderly neighbors did not. I did a lot of foraging for them. However, some shops in the neighborhood were open...but they could only take cash, and not make change. This is where the small bills come in. Very useful tip from my friend.

I'm not preparing for the "end-times," but, with global climate change, we're seeing a lot more incidences of extreme weather, including power-outages. When there is no power, believe me: Cash is King.

Reactions: tented

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wouldn't really describe it as a pet project mate. I was told some things in the late 80s that have occurred or are currently taking place, so was mindful of some things already. When COVID began, the governmental reaction made little logical sense (and they were all in lockstep), so delved deep into the UN and the WEF, looked at treaties, agreements, policies... it's not difficult to guess what's going to happen next when it's all written down, agreed and in plain sight... the interesting part is watching how the populations are manipulated (it's not called broadCASTING and SPELLING by random association)... and yes, all roads lead to a largely microchipped enslaved population. "To keep us safe!".

The world bodies are telling us what it is coming up - Revelation of the Method. Nobody can really claim to have been deceived because it's all laid out in front of everyone.

The alternative is the narrow gate which few will follow. Like a modern day Exodus, which for those familiar with scripture is when some of the escaping Israelites wanted to return to Egypt because they couldn't stomach a bit of hardship - i.e. trading true freedom for cosy slavery.

This won't resonate with a lot of people. At least not now - but it will later. When the prophecies said you wouldn't be able to buy or sell without the Mark of the Beast... Programmable Digital Currency comes to mind (for those who don't know what that is - look it up - all major Central Banks are "looking into it")... Remember, there is a SCRIPTure to be followed.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wouldn't really describe it as a pet project mate. I was told some things in the late 80s that have occurred or are currently taking place, so was mindful of some things already. When COVID began, the governmental reaction made little logical sense (and they were all in lockstep), so delved deep into the UN and the WEF, looked at treaties, agreements, policies... it's not difficult to guess what's going to happen next when it's all written down, agreed and in plain sight... the interesting part is watching how the populations are manipulated (it's not called broadCASTING and SPELLING by random association)... and yes, all roads lead to a largely microchipped enslaved population. "To keep us safe!".

The world bodies are telling us what it is coming up - Revelation of the Method. Nobody can really claim to have been deceived because it's all laid out in front of everyone.

The alternative is the narrow gate which few will follow. Like a modern day Exodus, which for those familiar with scripture is when some of the escaping Israelites wanted to return to Egypt because they couldn't stomach a bit of hardship - i.e. trading true freedom for cosy slavery.

This won't resonate with a lot of people. At least not now - but it will later. When the prophecies said you wouldn't be able to buy or sell without the Mark of the Beast... Programmable Digital Currency comes to mind (for those who don't know what that is - look it up - all major Central Banks are "looking into it")... Remember, there is a SCRIPTure to be followed.
It may not be your most "pet" project, but it certainly sounds like a serious hobby.

As far as your showing hidden meanings in perfectly basic English words, I find that a stretch. I'd be interested if you'd make those connections better. Also, if it's a global conspiracy, are there coded words in other languages, too? Or just English?

Are you trying to say that there's a script to be followed, that we're all in the cast, broadly, and to be directed by Aaron Spelling, who was attached to the project before he died? I will say, he was the King of glossy trash. It has been said that TV is the opiate of the masses. Can't they find another director with a likewise coded name who's not dead? Shonda Rhimes anagrams to "His Hard Omens." Also, "Hordes in Sham" and "Is Harsh Demon." Could she be the one?

Sorry...that's taking the piss, but, seriously? The words you offer have very old roots, and anyone can string out a story based on them. Even "broadcast" is older than you'd think. 1767. "Spreading seeds by hand." (I'm sure you could do something with that. Make hay? LOL.) The roots of all of them go back to Latin and old Norse, etc. I don't think your wider conspiracy goes back that far.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It may not be your most "pet" project, but it certainly sounds like a serious hobby.

As far as your showing hidden meanings in perfectly basic English words, I find that a stretch. I'd be interested if you'd make those connections better. Also, if it's a global conspiracy, are there coded words in other languages, too? Or just English?

Are you trying to say that there's a script to be followed, that we're all in the cast, broadly, and to be directed by Aaron Spelling, who was attached to the project before he died? I will say, he was the King of glossy trash. It has been said that TV is the opiate of the masses. Can't they find another director with a likewise coded name who's not dead? Shonda Rhimes anagrams to "His Hard Omens." Also, "Hordes in Sham" and "Is Harsh Demon." Could she be the one?

Sorry...that's taking the piss, but, seriously? The words you offer have very old roots, and anyone can string out a story based on them. Even "broadcast" is older than you'd think. 1767. "Spreading seeds by hand." (I'm sure you could do something with that. Make hay? LOL.) The roots of all of them go back to Latin and old Norse, etc. I don't think your wider conspiracy goes back that far.

Is it Moxie or Mock-sie? :)

The thing is Moxie, the meanings aren't hidden - Spelling, Cast, Grammar (Grammar derives from Grimoire which relates to a Book of Spells). What's hidden?

1767... Nope, much earlier than that. Try many thousands of years ago... As we know, alphabets are symbols that represent sounds. Languages such as Aramaic, Sanskrit, Hebrew are incredibly powerful. Sounds arranged in certain sequences and at certain frequencies have incredible power to create, transform and to destroy... amongst other things.

By the way, go and take a look at the obelisk in Central Park and check out the hieroglyphics. Even look at the symbology on your bank notes... then look at the symbology demonstrated by people in certain orders, societies or mystery schools.

It's not really rocket science - when you change the channel on your TV set, you change the frequency and get a different picture. The same applies in real life.

As demonstrated here:

If this interests you in the slightest, start looking at stuff by Nikola Tesla. Then you can begin marrying things up with the texts of the ancient scriptures. Nothing is new under the sun. Including great resets of humanity....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is it Moxie or Mock-sie? :)
Ha! Moxie is a soda.
The thing is Moxie, the meanings aren't hidden - Spelling, Cast, Grammar (Grammar derives from Grimoire which relates to a Book of Spells). What's hidden?
No, grammar doesn't derive from "Grimoire."

Etymology

The word grammar is derived from Greek γραμματικὴ τέχνη (grammatikḕ téchnē), which means "art of letters", from γράμμα (grámma), "letter", itself from γράφειν (gráphein), "to draw, to write".[7] The same Greek root also appears in the words graphics, grapheme, and photograph.

1767... Nope, much earlier than that. Try many thousands of years ago... As we know, alphabets are symbols that represent sounds. Languages such as Aramaic, Sanskrit, Hebrew are incredibly powerful. Sounds arranged in certain sequences and at certain frequencies have incredible power to create, transform and to destroy... amongst other things.
I'm talking about the first usage of "broadcast." Try to focus.
By the way, go and take a look at the obelisk in Central Park and check out the hieroglyphics. Even look at the symbology on your bank notes... then look at the symbology demonstrated by people in certain orders, societies or mystery schools.

It's not really rocket science - when you change the channel on your TV set, you change the frequency and get a different picture. The same applies in real life.

As demonstrated here:

If this interests you in the slightest, start looking at stuff by Nikola Tesla. Then you can begin marrying things up with the texts of the ancient scriptures. Nothing is new under the sun. Including great resets of humanity....

I looked at your video.

It has nothing to do with the question I asked you which is how are you finding hidden signals in the words "(broad)Cast" and "Spelling" and "Scripture?" I'd appreciate if you just tell me what they signal to you. You put it up there.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ha! Moxie is a soda.

No, grammar doesn't derive from "Grimoire."

Etymology

The word grammar is derived from Greek γραμματικὴ τέχνη (grammatikḕ téchnē), which means "art of letters", from γράμμα (grámma), "letter", itself from γράφειν (gráphein), "to draw, to write".[7] The same Greek root also appears in the words graphics, grapheme, and photograph.

I'm talking about the first usage of "broadcast." Try to focus.

I looked at your video.

It has nothing to do with the question I asked you which is how are you finding hidden signals in the words "(broad)Cast" and "Spelling" and "Scripture?" I'd appreciate if you just tell me what they signal to you. You put it up there.

It has everything to do with what I was talking about. If you can't understand the correlation between symbols and sounds then I can't really help you. I thought the video should have at least opened your mind to it... and hopefully it will at a later date. There are deeper correlations with gematria and numerology - but at least you can visually observe the effect in the video I provided.

Grimoire derives from grammar (sorry, wrong way around). Spelling and grammar as you know govern the sequence of symbols (which translate to sound)... and sequences of sounds are cast. Wood from the Holly Tree was used by the old mystery schools for wands... Hence Hollywood... it's not called a TV Program for nothing - it's programming.

Sure looks like a script to me:

Masaru Emoto was considered a nutcase when he first showed the power of the intent of sound on the structure of water. He later won awards. Check out his work, and you might start understanding what I'm trying to show you a little more.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is what the obelisk in Central Park says:

Plaque, translation of west face:
THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-BELOVED-OF-RA, THE KING [OF] UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT RA, CHOSEN OF RA, CREATED BY THE GODS, WHO FOUNDED THE TWO LANDS, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, [---] THERE IS NO-ONE WHO DID WHAT HE DID, IN THE HOUSE OF HIS FATHER, THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN OF RA, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, THE BELOVED OF AMUN, GRANTED LIFE LIKE RA. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-APPEARING-IN-THEBES THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, MEN-KHEPER-RA, WHO EMBELLISHES THE HOUSE OF HIM WHO CREATED HIM, [---] (THE SON OF RA, THUTMOSE), BELOVED OF (ATUN) LORD OF HELIOPOLIS, MAY HE LIVE FOREVER. [------] THE HORUS, STONG-BULL-SON-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN OF RA, THE GOLDEN HORUS, MIGHTY-IN-YEARS-AND-GREAT-OF-VICTORIES, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, [---] THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE SON-OF-RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-O-AMUN.

Plaque, translation of north face:
THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-LOVING-TRUTH, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, LORD OF FESTIVALS LIKE HIS FATHER PTAH-TATENEN, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, WHOM RA CREATED IN ORDER TO MAKE HELIOPOLIS FESTIVE AND TO PROVIDE THE SANCTUARIES OF HIM WHO CREATED HIM WITH FOOD-OFFERINGS, THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN GRANTED ALL LIFE LIKE RA. [------] THE HORUS, HIGH-OF-THE-WHITE-CROWN-BELOVED-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, MEN-KHEPER-RA, THE GOLDEN HORUS, CONTENTED-WITH-STRENGTH-WHO-SMILES-[AT]-THE-RULERS-OF-FOREIGN-LANDS-WHO-ATTACK-HIM, ACCORDING AS HIS FATHER RA HAS ORDAINED FOR HIM VICTORY AGAINST EVERY LAND AND STRENGTH IN HIS EFFORTS TO EXTEND THE BOUNDARIES OF EGYPT, THE SON OF RA, THUTMOSE, GRANTED ALL LIFE FOREVER. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-SON-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, HE OF THE TWO GODDESSES, PROTESTOR-OF-EGYPT-AND-CURBER-OF-FOREIGN-LANDS, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, A VALIANT KING ACTIVE WITH HIS ARMIES IN THE PRESENCE OF EVERY LAND, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, GRANTED ALL LIFE LIKE RA.

Plaque, translation of south face:
THE HORUS STRONG-BULL-SON-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, HE OF THE TWO GODDESSES, PROTECTOR-OF-EGYPT-AND-CURBER-OF-FOREIGN-LANDS, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES BELOVED-OF-AMUN, A KING EXCELLENT, LIKE RA. [---] THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-BELOVED-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, MEN-KHEPER-RA; HE MADE (IT) AS HIS MONUMENT FOR HIS FATHER ATUM, LORD OF HELIOPOLIS, ERECTING FOR HIM TWO GREAT OBELISKS, WHOSE PYRAMIDIONS ARE OF FIND GOLD, [---] HELIOPOLIS [---] (THE SON OF RA, THUTMOSE), MAY [HE?] BE FOREVER. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-LOVING-TRUTH, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, LORD OF FESTIVALS LIKE HIS FATHER PTAH-TATENEN, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, VERITABLE GOD STAR OF THE TWO LANDS, WHO IS VERSED IN THE LAWS AND IS WORTHY (IN HIS ACTIONS), THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, GRANTED LIFE.

Plaque, translation of east face:
THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-SON-OF-KHEPRI, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE GOLDEN HORUS, MIGHTY-IN-YEARS-AND-GREAT-OF-VICTORIES, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, WHO CAME FORTH FROM THE WOMB IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE CROWNS, OF RA, WHO CREATED HIM TO BE SOLE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA-CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE SON OF RA. RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, ONE SERVICEABLE TO RA AND GRANTED LIFE LIKE RA. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-APPEARING-IN-THEBES, HE OF THE TWO LANDS, GODDESSES, ENDURING OF KINGSHIP-LIKE-RA-IN-HEAVEN, BODILY SON OF ATUM, WHOM THE MISTRESS OF HELIOPOLIS BORE TO HIM, THUTMOSE, WHOM THEY CREATED IN THE TEMPLE OF THEIR MEMBERS, KNOWING THAT HE WOULD EXERCISE ENDURING KINGSHIP THROUGHOUT ETERNITY, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, MEN-KHEPER-RA, BELOVED OF ATUM, THE GREAT GOD, TOGETHER WITH HIS ENNEAT, GRANTED ALL LIFE, STABILITY, AND DOMINION LIKE RA FOREVER. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-BELOVED-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, RA, CREATED BY THE GODS, WHO FOUNDED THE TWO LANDS, THE SON OF RA RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, THE NOBLE YOUTH, BELOVED LIKE ATEN WHEN HE SHINES ON THE HORIZON, THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, ONE SERVICEABLE TO RA AND GRANTED LIFE LIKE RA.

Tell me which part of that speaks to your concerns.

I looked up the translations on the ones in Place de la Concorde and in Rome, too, and they tend to the same vein: lots of venerating of Egyptian gods, without much very interesting to say. Yes, there is some symbolism used by the Egyptians in creepy societies. But what does that tell us? That men who liked to create secret societies were educated in ancient Greek and Latin, and became infatuated with all things Egyptian in the early 19th C., and then again in the early 20th.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is what the obelisk in Central Park says:

Plaque, translation of west face:
THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-BELOVED-OF-RA, THE KING [OF] UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT RA, CHOSEN OF RA, CREATED BY THE GODS, WHO FOUNDED THE TWO LANDS, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, [---] THERE IS NO-ONE WHO DID WHAT HE DID, IN THE HOUSE OF HIS FATHER, THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN OF RA, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, THE BELOVED OF AMUN, GRANTED LIFE LIKE RA. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-APPEARING-IN-THEBES THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, MEN-KHEPER-RA, WHO EMBELLISHES THE HOUSE OF HIM WHO CREATED HIM, [---] (THE SON OF RA, THUTMOSE), BELOVED OF (ATUN) LORD OF HELIOPOLIS, MAY HE LIVE FOREVER. [------] THE HORUS, STONG-BULL-SON-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN OF RA, THE GOLDEN HORUS, MIGHTY-IN-YEARS-AND-GREAT-OF-VICTORIES, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, [---] THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE SON-OF-RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-O-AMUN.

Plaque, translation of north face:
THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-LOVING-TRUTH, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, LORD OF FESTIVALS LIKE HIS FATHER PTAH-TATENEN, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, WHOM RA CREATED IN ORDER TO MAKE HELIOPOLIS FESTIVE AND TO PROVIDE THE SANCTUARIES OF HIM WHO CREATED HIM WITH FOOD-OFFERINGS, THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN GRANTED ALL LIFE LIKE RA. [------] THE HORUS, HIGH-OF-THE-WHITE-CROWN-BELOVED-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, MEN-KHEPER-RA, THE GOLDEN HORUS, CONTENTED-WITH-STRENGTH-WHO-SMILES-[AT]-THE-RULERS-OF-FOREIGN-LANDS-WHO-ATTACK-HIM, ACCORDING AS HIS FATHER RA HAS ORDAINED FOR HIM VICTORY AGAINST EVERY LAND AND STRENGTH IN HIS EFFORTS TO EXTEND THE BOUNDARIES OF EGYPT, THE SON OF RA, THUTMOSE, GRANTED ALL LIFE FOREVER. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-SON-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, HE OF THE TWO GODDESSES, PROTESTOR-OF-EGYPT-AND-CURBER-OF-FOREIGN-LANDS, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, A VALIANT KING ACTIVE WITH HIS ARMIES IN THE PRESENCE OF EVERY LAND, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, GRANTED ALL LIFE LIKE RA.

Plaque, translation of south face:
THE HORUS STRONG-BULL-SON-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, HE OF THE TWO GODDESSES, PROTECTOR-OF-EGYPT-AND-CURBER-OF-FOREIGN-LANDS, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES BELOVED-OF-AMUN, A KING EXCELLENT, LIKE RA. [---] THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-BELOVED-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, MEN-KHEPER-RA; HE MADE (IT) AS HIS MONUMENT FOR HIS FATHER ATUM, LORD OF HELIOPOLIS, ERECTING FOR HIM TWO GREAT OBELISKS, WHOSE PYRAMIDIONS ARE OF FIND GOLD, [---] HELIOPOLIS [---] (THE SON OF RA, THUTMOSE), MAY [HE?] BE FOREVER. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-LOVING-TRUTH, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, LORD OF FESTIVALS LIKE HIS FATHER PTAH-TATENEN, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, VERITABLE GOD STAR OF THE TWO LANDS, WHO IS VERSED IN THE LAWS AND IS WORTHY (IN HIS ACTIONS), THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, GRANTED LIFE.

Plaque, translation of east face:
THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-SON-OF-KHEPRI, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE GOLDEN HORUS, MIGHTY-IN-YEARS-AND-GREAT-OF-VICTORIES, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, WHO CAME FORTH FROM THE WOMB IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE CROWNS, OF RA, WHO CREATED HIM TO BE SOLE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA-CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE SON OF RA. RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, ONE SERVICEABLE TO RA AND GRANTED LIFE LIKE RA. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-APPEARING-IN-THEBES, HE OF THE TWO LANDS, GODDESSES, ENDURING OF KINGSHIP-LIKE-RA-IN-HEAVEN, BODILY SON OF ATUM, WHOM THE MISTRESS OF HELIOPOLIS BORE TO HIM, THUTMOSE, WHOM THEY CREATED IN THE TEMPLE OF THEIR MEMBERS, KNOWING THAT HE WOULD EXERCISE ENDURING KINGSHIP THROUGHOUT ETERNITY, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, MEN-KHEPER-RA, BELOVED OF ATUM, THE GREAT GOD, TOGETHER WITH HIS ENNEAT, GRANTED ALL LIFE, STABILITY, AND DOMINION LIKE RA FOREVER. [------] THE HORUS, STRONG-BULL-BELOVED-OF-RA, THE KING OF UPPER AND LOWER EGYPT, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, RA, CREATED BY THE GODS, WHO FOUNDED THE TWO LANDS, THE SON OF RA RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, THE NOBLE YOUTH, BELOVED LIKE ATEN WHEN HE SHINES ON THE HORIZON, THE LORD OF THE TWO LANDS, USER-MAAT-RA, CHOSEN-OF-RA, THE SON OF RA, RAMESSES, BELOVED-OF-AMUN, ONE SERVICEABLE TO RA AND GRANTED LIFE LIKE RA.

Tell me which part of that speaks to your concerns.

I looked up the translations on the ones in Place de la Concorde and in Rome, too, and they tend to the same vein: lots of venerating of Egyptian gods, without much very interesting to say. Yes, there is some symbolism used by the Egyptians in creepy societies. But what does that tell us? That men who liked to create secret societies were educated in ancient Greek and Latin, and became infatuated with all things Egyptian in the early 19th C., and then again in the early 20th.

The obelisks are in most major cities. Why do you think secret societies and mystery schools exist? To keep secrets perhaps? or just because they have a fetish about Egypt? It's clearly a little more than the latter.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It has everything to do with what I was talking about. If you can't understand the correlation between symbols and sounds then I can't really help you. I thought the video should have at least opened your mind to it... and hopefully it will at a later date. There are deeper correlations with gematria and numerology - but at least you can visually observe the effect in the video I provided.
I looked up Gematria. Why is it important to assign a number to a name word or phrase? Why is numerology important? I'm frankly not convinced by your video.
Grimoire derives from grammar (sorry, wrong way around). Spelling and grammar as you know govern the sequence of symbols (which translate to sound)... and sequences of sounds are cast.
Sequences of sounds are "cast" in what way? In the sense that we speak them?
Wood from the Holly Tree was used by the old mystery schools for wands... Hence Hollywood... it's not called a TV Program for nothing - it's programming.
Here is the origen of Hollywood as a name for a town in California.

"Programming" is the word you object to here, but it proceeds, historically, what makes you nervous. You, as an internet programmer, should know that. It comes from the Greek, and dates from the 17th C.

Masaru Emoto was considered a nutcase when he first showed the power of the intent of sound on the structure of water. He later won awards. Check out his work, and you might start understanding what I'm trying to show you a little more.

I might try it later, or perhaps give it a miss. You are not making a great case that these ideas are anything other than pretty outside and not worthy of real attention. You've got a mis-mash of Egyptian symbols, Judeo-Christian Sunday-school teaching, (take the lesser path,) wicca ideas, numerology, with a bit of Harry Potter thrown in. IMO, you're going for if you "cast" a wide enough net, you might just land on something that makes someone fall for it. Someone gave you a "script," and I think you fell for it. One thing I can "spell," and smell, is B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I looked up Gematria. Why is it important to assign a number to a name word or phrase? Why is numerology important? I'm frankly not convinced by your video.

Sequences of sounds are "cast" in what way? In the sense that we speak them?

Here is the origen of Hollywood as a name for a town in California.

"Programming" is the word you object to here, but it proceeds, historically, what makes you nervous. You, as an internet programmer, should know that. It comes from the Greek, and dates from the 17th C.

I might try it later, or perhaps give it a miss. You are not making a great case that these ideas are anything other than pretty outside and not worthy of real attention. You've got a mis-mash of Egyptian symbols, Judeo-Christian Sunday-school teaching, (take the lesser path,) wicca ideas, numerology, with a bit of Harry Potter thrown in. IMO, you're going for if you "cast" a wide enough net, you might just land on something that makes someone fall for it. Someone gave you a "script," and I think you fell for it. One thing I can "spell," and smell, is B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

Sound forming shapes is observable science (Cymatics).
The intent of creation matters - that is also observable science.

Yeah, I am a programmer and creations ultimately boil down to sequences of numbers. And you can write high level code in different languages to get the same effect. If you don't understand that basic principle then don't be so quick to mock.

What case do you think I'm trying to make?

That there are bigger mysteries to the world? The people who run and shape the world have plans, have technologies way beyond those you might presume? Hardly a revelation. People have shown sound frequencies destroying cancer cells... but hey, who cares?

The only case I have is to try and pry a few eyes open to more interesting stuff. But Rachel tells us all we need to know and think, right? A Rhodes scholar by the way... you know who he was, right? Anyway, you've learned something about the Obelisks, and that secret mystery schools exist... so a seed has been planted. Take care!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sound forming shapes is observable science (Cymatics).
The intent of creation matters - that is also observable science.

Yeah, I am a programmer and creations ultimately boil down to sequences of numbers. And you can write high level code in different languages to get the same effect. If you don't understand that basic principle then don't be so quick to mock.

What case do you think I'm trying to make?
That's what I'm asking.
That there are bigger mysteries to the world?
Sure there are. I think we all believe that. But that's rather vague for the guy who was talking about reading UN and WEF treaties. You went from specific to vague in the blink of a query.
The people who run and shape the world have plans, have technologies way beyond those you might presume? Hardly a revelation. People have shown sound frequencies destroying cancer cells... but hey, who cares?

The only case I have is to try and pry a few eyes open to more interesting stuff. But Rachel tells us all we need to know and think, right? A Rhodes scholar by the way... you know who he was, right? Anyway, you've learned something about the Obelisks, and that secret mystery schools exist... so a seed has been planted. Take care!
Actually, I already knew a lot about obelisks. I have lived in NYC, Rome and Paris, each city has one, and they are interesting to live with. I lived in Rome when the obelisk got hit by lightning in the Piazza del Popolo. I'll tell you, it was a loud crack! And it left a crack in the obelisk. Wanna make something of that? But that was 40 years ago, and the world didn't end.

However, if "secret mystery schools exist," I believe it's because white guys have too much time on their hands, and like to consolidate their power under wraps. Women do it, and they get burned at the stake. Whatever with your Knights Templar and Illuminati and Masons...it has just turned into Trekkies, Dungeons and Dragons devotees, GOT, Harry Potter etc. And there are no secrets. It's all on the internet. You said so yourself. So, what's "secret?"

Don't just bugger off without speaking to specifics. You were very specific initially, and then you just went off on tangent after tangent without addressing what you think this idea of monitoring purchasing habits is about. Or maybe you already said it...that they're going to put a chip in all of our heads. Too many viewings of "The Matix?"

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK, let's start at the (recent) top. This actually goes much further back, but let's start here.

Background:

Club of Rome produces Limits to Growth report in 1972

United Nations declares Agenda 21 in 1992 (non-binding)

United Nations declares Agenda 2030 in 2015

All admirable documents at face value.

UN Teams up with WEF

UN signs agreement with World Economic Forum (WEF) to accelerate the 2030 Agenda...

which is largely this:

SMART and Transhumanism

The biggest component is actually Transhumanism, and merging human biology into a SMART system. The WEF CEO Klaus Schwab explains you will be microchipped.

Video Summary: The Revolution will not change the way we interact. It will change us. A fusion of biology and digital.

Notice everything is SMART? SMART Energy, SMART Phones and now through to Smart Cities.

All this is being done for you. They've created Agile Countries that can bypass parliaments altogether.

Parliamentary Legislation Examples:

UK:

Canada:

New Zealand

Australia

These are just a few examples, same with digital currencies below.

Central Digital Currency

Australia

Canada

NZ

Programmable Digital Currency
The SMART Framework will be based around ESG scores and currency will be limited and programmable. In short, that means it will expire after a set time, and agencies can decide how you spend money. Too much bread this week? Put the bread back on the shelf. In the name of sustainability.

So, there you go Moxie. As you can see it's not just me making up bullshit. There are plenty of resources to join a few dots together, and this is just a sprinkling.

In short, The UN and WEF (and also the WHO) are resetting the world in their image. Many of these intentions seem noble on the surface, but as Russo said -there are always two narratives - one for the public and one for their own goals.

Problem - Reaction - Solution.

This planet DOES need cleaning up... and I'm not a fan of capitalism either... but this will end up being draconian fascism on steroids. It is a return to feudalism.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
... and my other points to you relating to technologies was that there is an alternative route. There are over unity devices and means of clean - largely free energy. Most supressed for "national security reasons", meaning the security of those in power, not you. As JP Morgan said to Tesla - if I can't put a meter on it, then I don't want it.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I'm going to hold this to the light as with some of the videos posted above. TRT is Turkish state-run media, and gets a grade of "mixed" for credibility. More importantly, though, it's not informative in any way. It doesn't lay out a thesis. It's mostly graphics telling you what it wants you to know about American media, not demonstrating their points, with random sound bites. It's propaganda, not information. If by "it sounds like a script to me" that this little 1 and a half minute piece is scripted, I agree. Not coherently, though, and there is nothing in the least informational about it.

No, Emoto was still considered to be a quack and a pseudoscientist until the end of his life, and to this day. Actual scientists found nothing scientific about his methods. None of his findings were published in scientific journals. He was a snake oil salesman, but all accounts. I had to look him up, but now I know where Djokovic got the idea that you can turn poison water into healing water with the power of your mind. And for anyone who sees the "Dr." in front of his name in your video, according to Wikipedia: "In 1992, he became a Doctor of Alternative Medicine at the Open International University for Alternative Medicine in India,[10] a diploma mill which targeted quacks to sell its degrees[11] and was later shut down.[12][13]"

I found no list of awards, nor any awards at all. But feel free to share.

You don't trust the information from mainstream media, but you don't seem to be looking too hard at where this alternative information comes from.