Venus Player Of The Month

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
WTA PLAYER OF THE MONTH: VENUS

Venus Williams won her biggest title since 2010 in Dubai, extending her win streak there to an incredible 15 matches. For that reason, she has been named WTA Player Of The Month for February.

PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL, USA - Venus Williams added to her impressive trophy case just two weeks ago, winning the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, her biggest title since 2010. Williams extended her stunning Dubai win streak to 15 matches, picking up her third consecutive Dubai title.

Williams made it look easy, defeating five Top 40 players, including two Top 15 players - Ana Ivanovic and Caroline Woznaicki - en route to a final clash against Alizé Cornet. From there Williams reeled off seven straight games to clinch the title.

For that reason, Williams has been named the WTA's Player Of The Month for Febraury.

What about her game has pleased her most?

"I'm feeling comfortable on court and confident. Leaving Dubai I feel so much better about my game and being able to execute. I am looking forward to the next tournaments."

Congratulations to Venus!
Kurumi Nara was named Rising Star of the Month.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I've always loved Venus, so seeing her healthy, playing well, and being recognized by the WTA are all terrific. I'm looking forward to Miami.

R

Rose

The fact that Venus is even playing let alone winning with Sjogren's Syndrome is amazing to me!
My aunt has the same disease and it is not easy for her without being a Pro Tennis Player! Hats off to Venus :D :clap