USA Elections 2016

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I think both Fiero and AP have misunderstood my (and possibly Kieran's) position. We are not saying Trump is a better choice than Hillary. We are simply saying there are so many negatives about Hillary that are being ignored by democrats and liberals, just because she is one of their kind.

Today WikiLeaks released her speeches to the finance industries and bankers, which she was hiding it so far despite repeated requests from Bernie. Now, it has become very clear that she says one thing while talking to the general public and another thing while talking to "fat cats". Not only that, on top of it her speech writer proudly and openly says, I put in a passage in the speech where we are somewhat critical of "fat cats" so that that specific passage can be selectively leaked if anybody questions us. Now, tell me how much trust I will have that she is going to work for the betterment of middle class families.

Unfortunately, we are faced with a choice between devil and deep sea. :nono
GSM, we didn't misunderstand you. Fiero and I both acknowledged that Hilary and the Clintons clan are some real POS politicians but there is no choice here really. Not only is the Donald is the Devil but he is the pure definition of the antiChrist! His rise to power has been the most unnatural rise in the history of world politics, isn't that the Beast :devil

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Thank you GSM, because I truly believed I was talking to members of a cult. Even the religious language of cultish folks was used, whereby it's "sacrilege" to insult the Clintons.

Now AP says the Clintons are POS politicians. Sacrilege, surely! :cover

This debate has shown me something I observed in Ireland during the gay marriage debate, and in Britain during Brexit, and it's a frightening trend. We see it during the presidential campaign itself, and it's basically that the liberal left are intolerant of different opinions, and not only that, they turn attack dog quite rapidly. In Ireland, a law expert who even queried the terminology used in a Gaelic translation of the proposition was not only declared a homophobe, but emails were circulated in an attempt to blacken his name and destroy his livelihood. Even though his position on the referendum was unknown, he was perceived to be a threat. This was actually told to me by a law professor who received such an email, and realised the extent of the problem - and the friend who told me is as lefty as it gets.

AP, I'm surprised at you. I told you several times that I think Trump is a lousy candidate, but the pair of you don't seem to understand the problem we're all getting when another Clinton gets in. Like I said, I'm sure there's people in both parties who wish they could go back 12 months and start the selection process again. These leaked emails are only one more item in a catalogue of Clinton lies, criminal activity and general untrustworthiness...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:
I think both Fiero and AP have misunderstood my (and possibly Kieran's) position. We are not saying Trump is a better choice than Hillary. We are simply saying there are so many negatives about Hillary that are being ignored by democrats and liberals, just because she is one of their kind.

Today WikiLeaks released her speeches to the finance industries and bankers, which she was hiding it so far despite repeated requests from Bernie. Now, it has become very clear that she says one thing while talking to the general public and another thing while talking to "fat cats". Not only that, on top of it her speech writer proudly and openly says, I put in a passage in the speech where we are somewhat critical of "fat cats" so that that specific passage can be selectively leaked if anybody questions us. Now, tell me how much trust I will have that she is going to work for the betterment of middle class families.

GSM, we didn't misunderstand you. Fiero and I both acknowledged that Hilary and the Clintons clan are some real POS politicians but there is no choice here really. Not only is the Donald is the Devil but he is the pure definition of the antiChrist! His rise to power has been the most unnatural rise in the history of world politics, isn't that the Beast :devil

Some are just looking for something to kvetch about! Private emails that are more honest about how they feel about the stupid electorate! Who would have thought? I doubt even you would want your mail scrutinized by everyone; esp. when being honest about your feelings about loved ones, politics, religion, and current affairs! Most of this crap doesn't even have anything to do with Hillary; staff yacking! So what? Get a life! :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy: :cover

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Some are just looking for something to kvetch about! Private emails that are more honest about how they feel about the stupid electorate! Who would have thought? I doubt even you would want your mail scrutinized by everyone; esp. when being honest about your feelings about loved ones, politics, religion, and current affairs! Most of this crap doesn't even have anything to do with Hillary; staff yacking! So what? Get a life! :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy: :cover

I wouldn't want my locker room talk scrutinised either but that's neither here nor there. Glad you tell us what Hillary thinks of the electorate but really, you're still missing the point: if Hillary was a republican, these emails would matter, right?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:

I wouldn't want my locker room talk scrutinised either but that's neither here nor there. Glad you tell us what Hillary thinks of the electorate but really, you're still missing the point: if Hillary was a republican, these emails would matter, right?
Brother K , I learned as a very young man in college there are two subjects that can be debated until the end of time that will NEVER have a resolution or a real honest mutual agreement, Politics and Religion. I rest my case.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:

Brother K , I learned as a very young man in college there are two subjects that can be debated until the end of time that will NEVER have a resolution or a real honest mutual agreement, Politics and Religion. I rest my case.

I wish you would, brother! :snicker :hug

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
:clap
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

I wish you would, brother! :snicker :hug

:clap

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

This is not private email. This is her "private" lecture to the banking industry and finance professionals for which she got paid large amounts. What she tells them in the lecture is totally different from what she tells the general public in terms of her policies. So, this is not about digging her private mail and scrutinizing. If she is getting paid large amounts to a vested interest, don't you think we have a right to know what she says there?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It'll be very interesting to see how many questions Hillary is asked about this tonight. So far the moderators seem to have forgotten or ignored all the stuff that's piling up against her. I see it's going to be a Fox News reporter moderating, so they should grill her more than the previous debates did. And also ask Trump, WTF is he on about when he says the election is rigged. :laydownlaughing

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Trump had a chance to at least have a good debate, but he couldn't help himself; going on the attack and misrepresenting facts! Saying "you're such a nasty woman" j/b she uses his own words against him only makes him look delusional; esp. blaming women for coming forward to complain about their treatment by him! What a disgusting fool! :puzzled :nono :cover :ras:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Trump had a chance to at least have a good debate, but he couldn't help himself; going on the attack and misrepresenting facts! Calling Hillary "awful" j/b she uses his own words against him only makes him look delusional; esp. blaming women for coming forward to complain about their treatment by him! What a disgusting fool! :puzzled :nono

Well in fairness, Hillary blamed the women who complained about Bill, so they're both equal in that regard. In the last election, Obama was ignorant about the threat of Putin, and Romney was correct, now the Democrats have changed their tune. Where Trump really blew it was in his bizarre stance that he'll win the election, and if he doesn't it's rigged. This is idiocy. Otherwise, we're still where we were, with Hillary's humourless b1tch smile, and Donald's eyebrows and hair. Two dodgy sorts. The real battle now is for the seats in congress...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I'm having a great time laughing at the "right" trying to deal with this situation! On FNC they are absolutely freaking out; 1 side are the hardcore defenders of Trump while the other side is excoriating the MSM for not taking him down months ago! Bill Krystol went off on Joe and Mika on "Morning Joe" talking about how easy they had gone on him last Dec.; accommodating in every way! Wound up being a screaming match with Joe saying, "you're crying here and we got it on tape!" I guess this is what's considered a wave of inevitability! :rolleyes: :ras:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The presidential election is over. In other things, I expect the democrats to get a narrow majority in Senate, but the republicans will probably keep the house.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
The Presidential election is over. In other things, I expect the Democrats to get a narrow majority in Senate, but the Republicans will probably keep the House.

You may be right, but a wave truly is brewing! Clinton's terribly unpopular being demonized for decades by conservatives, but the hubris of nominating a clown like Trump is equivalent to putting Cruz up against a chimp! Common sense tells people, you have to pick Cruz, but due to his reputation you consider the chimp for a while! :dodgy:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
The Presidential election is over. In other things, I expect the Democrats to get a narrow majority in Senate, but the Republicans will probably keep the House.

You may be right, but a wave truly is brewing! Clinton's terribly unpopular being demonized for decades by conservatives, but the hubris of nominating a clown like Trump is equivalent to putting Cruz up against a chimp! Common sense tells people, you have to pick Cruz, but due to his reputation you consider the chimp for a while! :dodgy:

Yeah, commonsense suggests the Republicans should have put forward a clean, sensible candidate, because Hillary is obviously - as antipusher put it about her - a "POS politician", and has rightly been demonised. The only hope is of course for a Republican house. Heaven knows how many deals she'd cut to benefit the Clinton Foundation if she had a Democrat house scratching her back.

On foreign policy though, Hillary is alert to Putin, which is good, and Trump is now more akin to where Obama was 4 years ago, when Romney warned about Russia. Funny how things switch around, but Putin is now a global menace, and Obama's terrible tenure on the foreign front has let a beast out of the cage. Trump won't contain him, so in this area, we can only hope that Hillary has "a bigger pair" in her trousers than Obama...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Yeah, commonsense suggests the Republicans should have put forward a clean, sensible candidate, because Hillary is obviously - as antipusher put it about her - a "POS politician", and has rightly been demonised. The only hope is of course for a Republican house. Heaven knows how many deals she'd cut to benefit the Clinton Foundation if she had a Democrat house scratching her back.

On foreign policy though, Hillary is alert to Putin, which is good, and Trump is now more akin to where Obama was 4 years ago, when Romney warned about Russia. Funny how things switch around, but Putin is now a global menace, and Obama's terrible tenure on the foreign front has let a beast out of the cage. Trump won't contain him, so in this area, we can only hope that Hillary has "a bigger pair" in her trousers than Obama...

Kieran As you once said to my favorite anti Rafa poster Darth Fed, "you are an idiot when it comes to Rafa"!

Your views are idiotic when it comes to the Democratic Party especially Obama, :nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

Kieran As you once said to my favorite anti Rafa poster Darth Fed, "you are an idiot when it comes to Rafa"!

Your views are idiotic when it comes to the Democratic Party especially Obama, :nono

Oh brother, you're drinking the Kool-Aid again, after telling us all what we already knew, that Hillary and the Clinton clan are POS politicians. This the day after you declared it sacrilege to criticise the Clintons. :cover

Now, please take a deep breath and think, which is it? They're POS politicians, or so sacred that it's sacrilege to criticise them? :cover

As for Obama, my criticism remains the same: the world is less safe since he took over as President. He has conceded the ground to Putin, and he's turned his back on the only ME liberal democracy, in favour of its enemy. Niall Ferguson wrote last week in The Sunday Times that if Donald Trump is like the Samsung 7 - explodes and is dangerous - and Hillary is like the iPhone 7 - serious trouble with emails - then Obama's foreign policies must be compared with an old Nokia that somebody dropped in a glass of water. He loves Barack, but he knows his foreign policy work has failed. 4 years ago Obama argued against Romney when Romney warned about Putin.

4 years later, Hillary is correct on Putin, and Trump is wrong.

There. I gave a Democrat "POS" some credit... ;)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

Oh brother, you're drinking the Kool-Aid again, after telling us all what we already knew, that Hillary and the Clinton clan are POS politicians. This the day after you declared it sacrilege to criticise the Clintons. :cover

Now, please take a deep breath and think, which is it? They're POS politicians, or so sacred that it's sacrilege to criticise them? :cover

As for Obama, my criticism remains the same: the world is less safe since he took over as President. He has conceded the ground to Putin, and he's turned his back on the only ME liberal democracy, in favour of its enemy. Niall Ferguson wrote last week in The Sunday Times that if Donald Trump is like the Samsung 7 - explodes and is dangerous - and Hillary is like the iPhone 7 - serious trouble with emails - then Obama's foreign policies must be compared with an old Nokia that somebody dropped in a glass of water. He loves Barack, but he knows his foreign policy work has failed. 4 years ago Obama argued against Romney when Romney warned about Putin.

4 years later, Hillary is correct on Putin, and Trump is wrong.

There. I gave a Democrat "POS" some credit... ;)
President Obama inherited a Bush/Cheney Recession, he lent money to the Banks to gets them out of their crisis, save the auto industry, rejuvenated the housing market which really was in a depression, added millions of jobs and now have unemployment at its lowest in 20 years, the stock markets had some of their highest numbers, 23 million Americans now have healthcare when they had nothing at all and he has the highest approval rating since Clinton and Reagan ..However you want to blame Putin on President Obama..Putin did the same thing when Bush/Cheney was in office..
Brother you don't know exactly how to properly evaluate a good President or a very capable politician.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I said, "the world is less safe since Obama became president." Now you're telling us that Putin invaded Ukraine during Bush's tenure, and dominated the landscape in the ME, and that Israel had no allies in America? Because all this is recent, buddy, and it's because Obama, on foreign policy, has been an empty suit. Putin took one look at him, and licked his chops.

Hillary is correct to be wary of Putin, and so was Mitt Romney.

As for US domestic stuff, that's got nothing to do with me.

By the way, I'm glad you didn't give us a third version of what you think of the Clintons. That woulda giving me too much hassle in the future embedding quotes... :snicker

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I said, "the world is less safe since Obama became president." Now you're telling us that Putin invaded Ukraine during Bush's tenure, and dominated the landscape in the ME, and that Israel had no allies in America? Because all this is recent, buddy, and it's because Obama, on foreign policy, has been an empty suit. Putin took one look at him, and licked his chops.

Hillary is correct to be wary of Putin, and so was Mitt Romney.

As for US domestic stuff, that's got nothing to do with me.

By the way, I'm glad you didn't give us a third version of what you think of the Clintons. That woulda giving me too much hassle in the future embedding quotes... :snicker

Good Grief I give up not able to have a logical discussion with you on these topics