US Politics Thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You must remember the 1988 campaign when he was busted for plagiarising the Kennedy’s and Neil Kinnock (“The Welsh Windbag”) speeches? There was also an academic scandal that embarrassed him…
That was 36 years ago! You probably didn't remember it, either, until some right-wing "windbag" reminded you of it. :D

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That was 36 years ago! You probably didn't remember it, either, until some right-wing "windbag" reminded you of it. :D
actually those of us on this side of the water remember this very very well. it's one of the things that brought Biden to attention over here. We remember this from decades ago.. because he was plagiarising Neil Kinnock of all people. For us it's one of the most bizarre things we could ever imagine. You have to understand from our perspective. Kinnock is a dude we all took one look at and shook our heads.. 'Nah!' We'll never elect you Prime Minister:face-with-tears-of-joy: Ask @britbox it's just stunning to us that anyone... anywhere would ever copy Kinnock

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Just in case you missed it, Piers Morgan says the exact thing about Biden. 100% you didn't.

is there any reason why you think Morgan, a friend of Trump, is an authority on this? I'm confused

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think there's any scenario in any other type of leadership situation where all of the most senior officials who previously worked for a candidate refuse to endorse their reinvestiture wouldn't be a screaming red flag. I'm fascinated to see how this whole thing evolves. Remember these are the former Trump administration officials who've stated that Trump is unfit to serve:

Vice President
Secretary of State
2 Defence Secretaries... TWO!!
Attorney General
Chief of Staff
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs

there are others, but these are the big guys (I might have missed some but you get the point). Do people not understand how bat shit crazy this is??

Personally I don't need to know what Trump's policies are. I don't need any other information but this. To me it's utterly terrifying that this is even a discussion. It's my fervent hope that at some point in mid October, all of these guys come together and stand before the world and do the patriotic thing. Tell everyone who needs to hear it... Trump is NOT the ONE.

Let me re-state what should be blindingly obvious given my personal political views... if and when Biden wins will I be happy? Not really. I'll be relieved. All this talk about Biden's deficiencies and faults is a waste of time to me. IRRELEVANT! Wake up world!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think there's any scenario in any other type of leadership situation where all of the most senior officials who previously worked for a candidate refuse to endorse their reinvestiture wouldn't be a screaming red flag. I'm fascinated to see how this whole thing evolves. Remember these are the former Trump administration officials who've stated that Trump is unfit to serve:

Vice President
Secretary of State
2 Defence Secretaries... TWO!!
Attorney General
Chief of Staff
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs

there are others, but these are the big guys (I might have missed some but you get the point). Do people not understand how bat shit crazy this is??

Personally I don't need to know what Trump's policies are. I don't need any other information but this. To me it's utterly terrifying that this is even a discussion. It's my fervent hope that at some point in mid October, all of these guys come together and stand before the world and do the patriotic thing. Tell everyone who needs to hear it... Trump is NOT the ONE.

Let me re-state what should be blindingly obvious given my personal political views... if and when Biden wins will I be happy? Not really. I'll be relieved. All this talk about Biden's deficiencies and faults is a waste of time to me. IRRELEVANT! Wake up world!
No one but raving Biden fans will pay any attention to that as its hardly a waste of time to anyone not blind who can see they're both complete clowns and that, of the two, Biden's mental state is worse.

The world is a much less safe place with this babbling, old warmonger dragging out wars/conflicts instead of trying to stop them and fucking up much of the global economy as a result. The longer Biden stays in power the more needless deaths occur and continue. This is what you're condoning by supporting him.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
No one but raving Biden fans will pay any attention to that as its hardly a waste of time to anyone not blind who can see they're both complete clowns and that, of the two, Biden's mental state is worse.

The world is a much less safe place with this babbling, old warmonger dragging out wars/conflicts instead of trying to stop them and fucking up much of the global economy as a result.
honestly don't understand how that can be the conclusion you form from that:astonished-face: But it perfectly illustrates the divergence of opinions regardless of facts we're seeing in the world today. I won't lie... I find it disturbing. I hope there's a day in the future where we can all accept facts again. There will still be plenty of space for feelings

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
honestly don't understand how that can be the conclusion you form from that:astonished-face: But it perfectly illustrates the divergence of opinions regardless of facts we're seeing in the world today. I won't lie... I find it disturbing. I hope there's a day in the future where we can all accept facts again. There will still be plenty of space for feelings
I loved Federer and Edberg so all good there! Simply can't condone people being killed for nothing though, sorry. I wish there were more options than these 2 idiots but unfortunately there aren't presently.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I loved Federer and Edberg so all good there! Simply can't condone people being killed for nothing though, sorry. I wish there were more options than these 2 idiots but unfortunately there aren't presently.
Cool! Serious question though... does it not give you any pause at all that so many senior people who've worked with Trump are telling you the guy is not fit for office? No pause??

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Cool! Serious question though... does it not give you any pause at all that so many senior people who've worked with Trump are telling you the guy is not fit for office? No pause??
I guarantee you the Biden camp feel the exact same way about him but they don't want Trump in power so they can't or won't say anything. If the opposition was anyone but Trump they may have, eg Nikki Haley who, with her warmongering mindset, is basically the female Biden.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I guarantee you the Biden camp feel the exact same way about him but they don't want Trump in power so they can't or won't say anything. If the opposition was anyone but Trump they may have, eg Nikki Haley who, with her warmongering mindset, is basically the female Biden.
you're not operating in a fact based space though. Not one Biden official has voiced any such concerns. You WANT them to, but they haven't. The closest thing to dissent might have been the withdrawal from Afghanistan, but even then there wasn't much. And I would assume that you were supportive of the withdrawal even if the execution was questionable? On the other hand even while Trump was President his own guys voiced concerns, resigned and resisted his actions. I don't understand why you're blind to this. Honestly I don't get it. How can you just make up stuff just to defend your thesis? At least show some real evidence. I'm truly flummoxed

Reactions: tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
no one has ever explained to me why it was necessary for a Special Counsel investigating classified documents to ask such a personal and sensitive question. I can only speculate that this guy is looking for a senior position at DoJ under a Trump Administration...DISGUSTING!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
you're not operating in a fact based space though. Not one Biden official has voiced any such concerns. You WANT them to, but they haven't. The closest thing to dissent might have been the withdrawal from Afghanistan, but even then there wasn't much. And I would assume that you were supportive of the withdrawal even if the execution was questionable? On the other hand even while Trump was President his own guys voiced concerns, resigned and resisted his actions. I don't understand why you're blind to this. Honestly I don't get it. How can you just make up stuff just to defend your thesis? At least show some real evidence. I'm truly flummoxed
Once again, people are being blind if they assume Biden's camp have full/any (?!) confidence in him but they don't want Trump in power so don't expect them to say anything. You can see the look of horror on their faces very often when he's speaking publicly so how can they possibly be confident in him? It's the lesser of two evils for them to support Biden due to their hatred of Trump. Both Biden and Trump are corrupt asf but the media throw Trump under the bus so much more with their obvous agenda. Much like the disgraceful and disgusting covid global covers ups and censorship, they're not likely to tell you too much bad stuff about Biden 'cos they're leaning one way only, anti Trump, pro Biden. So far no charges have been made towards Biden that I'm aware of. He's been given a free pass on everything. Sure, court hearings with his team make him look bad as he is, just like Trump, but no charges. FBI Director Wray and his cronies are refusing to answer so many questions and should be left to rot in a rancid cell. That should tell you all you need to know about their agenda.

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Here's a good example of the scumbag deputy FBI director refusing to answer anything about Biden.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Once again, people are being blind if they assume Biden's camp have full/any (?!) confidence in him but they don't want Trump in power so don't expect them to say anything. You can see the look of horror on their faces very often when he's speaking publicly so how can they possibly be confident in him? It's the lesser of two evils for them to support Biden due to their hatred of Trump. Both Biden and Trump are corrupt asf but the media throw Trump under the bus so much more with their obvous agenda. Much like the disgraceful and disgusting covid global covers ups and censorship, they're not likely to tell you too much bad stuff about Biden 'cos they're leaning one way only, anti Trump, pro Biden. So far no charges have been made towards Biden that I'm aware of. He's been given a free pass on everything. Sure, court hearings with his team make him look bad as he is, just like Trump, but no charges. FBI Director Wray and his cronies are refusing to answer so many questions and should be left to rot in a rancid cell. That should tell you all you need to know about their agenda.
Not blind... just not delusional. The closest I can come to something like that is the look on Blinker's face when Biden wasn't shy about calling Xi a dictator. Well duh! Of course he is.

Biden as corrupt as Trump? Errr... have you been paying attention to the Hunter Biden allegations. Even on Fox News they're starting to accept there's no there there. Meanwhile... Trump... Anyway... I know I'm not going to convince you :D

Reactions: Moxie

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Did you both watch the video above your post ? Ignoring court cases proving Biden family corruption where these sacks of shit in the FBI are refusing to answer anything about the Bidens should really be setting off alarm bells for Biden fans but you all just ignore it...

Last edited: