US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
@kskate2 I don't know if I have ever been so wrong about a prediction...as bad as I felt Rafa played I have to give Frances credit. Rafa's serve was the biggest red flag coming into the tournament and it NEVER was corrected. It happens.

I wasn't sure Rafa had a chance winning USO w/ a lack of play; 1 match warm-up loss & still unsure of himself! He was destined to go down! ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh Please, Novak knows all about being robbed of the YE #1 ranking w/ 2 majors and a final with Masters victories but still wound up #2! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: ;)
Remind us of when that happened and how he was "robbed." ATP it's all about points, though the ITF title is opinion, and Nadal got robbed of one in Novak's favor, as I recall. Cry me a river.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I wasn't sure Rafa had a chance winning USO w/ a lack of play; 1 match warm-up loss & still unsure of himself! He was destined to go down! ;)
Well Fiero you get to be "Monday morning QB" this time. I don't buy into Rafa being destined to go down. I agree with Rafa's assessment..He wasn't able to put enough because on Tiafoe today. Maybe it's me but I really didn't think Rafa's CC BH made it's presence felt today. This has been an absolutely extremely extraordinary season by Rafa without winning a non RG clay tournament.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
10 double faults under a closed roof really did Sinner change his name to Sabalenka for this match?
He could do well enough, as it looks like she's going to win. Can we get to the TB?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No TB...Ivashka breaks for 7-5 in the second. I still think Sinner will pull this out, but he needs to right the ship.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
No TB...Ivashka breaks for 7-5 in the second. I still think Sinner will pull this out, but he needs to right the ship.
Right now they are both unforced error machines, but it seems for the moment Ivashka found his range on his serve where Sinner well…

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Sinner ever improves his serve, he will be really tough to beat in any match. For now, even if he is breaking a lot serves, he is not reliable because he can't win easy service games due to his lack of power on his own serve.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer
Status
Not open for further replies.