US Open, Flushing Meadows, NY USA - Grand Slam (Men)

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That blog is a response to the "Curious Case of Rafael Nadal" that has been circulating for years. I have never said that Roger dopes, but I have made the plea that those who like to make the claim on Nadal should look at the similar circumstances with Roger. I really don't think that either one of them has cheated. I think they are superior tennis players and athletes to anyone in their era, and likely before. They are also more dedicated to the work than the greats before them, IMO. These kinds of blogs are about taking away from the great tennis that both Federer and Nadal have played, and their dedication to hard work, and the sport. It's basement jockeying, and sour grapes, if you ask me.
Since Miami 2004 we know perfectly well from who came those sour grapes comments, can you imagine if we would start saying "The Curious Case of Roger Federer" after to comeback of a surgery and at his 36 years old?. Both players have very different style but like every single payer both need to have a physical game. The secret? good trying, good mentality and a lot of sacrifice which many players can't make it

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I second that question. Why bother joining a tennis forum if all you're going to do is create conspiracies about the players? Look if you had anything substantive to say then perhaps it would be food for thought, but all I've heard so far seems like fluff.

I've got an idea, join a cycling forum, have fun!
Or a Baseball forum, the players don’t need to play with resistance but strong shots ;)

backhandslapper

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
The fact I believe most players will swallow / inject anything that gives them any edge doesn't change the fact I love tennis. As I said before having a Nadal or a Federer fan (I don't remember which one) jumping on me and sensing I'm from the enemy camp, I'm not really a fan of any particular player.

When it comes to Fedal, I always support the one who trails behind the other. Before the AO this year, I wished the best luck to Fed to make it interesting and even things out a bit (I also had a dream suggesting I should put some Bitcoin on him, which I did -- imagine how I felt at that certain point in the fifth set). I supported Federer during every of their FO finals and during the Wimbledon 08 final (as I sensed he was no longer the better player even on grass).

Right know, should they meet again, I'll "support" Nadal. I'm not sure manic fans of the guys or girls get this.

I like tennis. Not particular players.

That's why I don't really care whether they dope or not, and if you leave your hysterics aside and actually read what I have written, I don't judge.

I think they all dope. My mind is pretty much made up.

What interests me is whether the ATP silently approves it. And whether the top guys and girls have more leeway. If so, I would judge. But not the players; the ATP.

I think I'm done talking about this though, it's not really going anywhere.

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
Don't try to twist what I've said, my English is not the best but you understood very well....or maybe not

Oh lighten up, Carol. As the emoji's and the "Just kidding" indicated - I was joking with you. Good gravy...

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
Well, Busted, as for Serena in the panic room...

http://tennispurist.blogspot.cz/2017/04/the-curious-case-of-roger-federer.html -- this I think is pretty good.

Only for red-pillers though.

Did you hear that President Cheeto is talking about releasing the classified portion of the Warren Report (to distract from his own legal and political problems) when the time limit on it expires in November? If not, I suggest you - and your nom de plume - get a head start on picking out your corner of the grassy knoll.

Seriously, dude...I could not even be arsed to read all of that bullshite. I'm just going to go right ahead and lump you in with the moon-landing-is-a-hoax/flat earth idiots and call it a day.

Where DO these people come from?

Last edited:
Reactions: Federberg

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
That blog is a response to the "Curious Case of Rafael Nadal" that has been circulating for years. I have never said that Roger dopes, but I have made the plea that those who like to make the claim on Nadal should look at the similar circumstances with Roger. I really don't think that either one of them has cheated. I think they are superior tennis players and athletes to anyone in their era, and likely before. They are also more dedicated to the work than the greats before them, IMO. These kinds of blogs are about taking away from the great tennis that both Federer and Nadal have played, and their dedication to hard work, and the sport. It's basement jockeying, and sour grapes, if you ask me.

I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not a fan of Nadal's (LOL!) but even I don't think he's ever used PEDs. Athletes go through up-and-downs in their careers with their bodies, fitness, talents, dedication, tenacity, confidence, etc., just like everybody else on the planet. There's a finite number of people who are better at sustaining the high level and using the stress to their advantage. Just because some people don't understand HOW they can maintain a high level for long periods of time doesn't mean the athletes are doping. More than likely it means the suspicious people are just jealous and petty. Not that I'm gonna name any names...

Reactions: Moxie

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
This. Nobody is saying that they just eat carrots and bananas... these guys live in the XXI century. But when you say "doper", you say something blatantly illegal, that the rest of the field on average is not doing. That is the part rational people challenge about the claim.

Federer's case is so obvious for someone who actually plays that I won't even bother about it. Nadal's, as his game is more physical, catches more the occasional reader. But the guy was beating top ATP players at 15 years of age, was he doping back then?

Was Nadal doping at 15? Yes. Him and Serena both started in the crib. Possibly in their mothers' wombs. I'm surprised someone hasn't accused their mothers of using neonatal PEDs delivered through the umbilical cord... Oy vey...

Reactions: Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Learn haters learn!!!!!!!!
Carlos Acosta manager of Nadal says: "Nadal has a genetic and head very privileged, he can be in three different conversations at the same time. His Uncle Toni told the first day that I met him and when Rafa was 6 years old: "look at him, he will be the #1" he was 100% right!"

Last edited:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Oh lighten up, Carol. As the emoji's and the "Just kidding" indicated - I was joking with you. Good gravy...
I know you were just kidding but I also know that every comment that Federer's fans don't like is a "dumbest". Sorry but I'm not fan of Roger either

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Learn haters learn!!!!!!!!
Carlos Acosta manager of Nadal says: "Nadal has a genetic and head very privileged, he can be in three different conversations at the same time. His Uncle Toni told the first day that I met him and when Rafa was 6 years old: "look at him, he will be the #1" he was 100% right!"

An average woman can be in eight conversations at the same time.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
An average woman can be in eight conversations at the same time.
Men too but only the smart ones and I can see not too many of them......

Last edited:

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
I know you were just kidding but I also know that every comment that Federer's fans don't like is a "dumbest". Sorry but I'm not fan of Roger either

Hypocrisy is ugly, Carol. Take a look in the mirror. You're the one who's always calling people dumb, idiot or hater. Since you said English isn't your first language I'm going to guess that whatever your native language is - irony goes right over your head in that language as well.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
WINTER IS COMING (Novak returns in December)....I expect him to very quickly ascend back to the top of hardcourts players and should be a worthy challenger to Roger's current throne of the king of the outdoor and the remaing indoor tournaments in January and February.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hypocrisy is ugly, Carol. Take a look in the mirror. You're the one who's always calling people dumb, idiot or hater. Since you said English isn't your first language I'm going to guess that whatever your native language is - irony goes right over your head in that language as well.
Of course hypocrisy is ugly but more ugly is the people who likes to attack a player without any reason and I see it's ok to you of course if Federer is not included in those attacks, otherwise you are ready for the respond....so if you are talking about hypocrisy you are the one who should look at the mirror .......

Last edited:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
WINTER IS COMING (Novak returns in December)....I expect him to very quickly ascend back to the top of hardcourts players and should be a worthy challenger to Roger's current throne of the king of the outdoor and the remaing indoor tournaments in January and February.
We''ll see, I honesty don't expect too much of Novak yet. And about the Roger's current throne we'll see how long is going to last. The Shanghai final was a surprise and now in Basel I hope that Delpo or Cilic can do something good

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Of course hypocrisy is ugly but more ugly is the people who likes to attack a player without any reason and I see it's ok to you of course if Federer is not included in those attacks, otherwise you are ready for the respond....so if you are talking about hypocrisy you are the one who should look at the mirror .......
If you read just a few posts back you'll see that there was a fairly bi-partisan acceptance of who Federer and Nadal are, with mutual generosity. Now is the moment to join the kumbaya and stop being defensive. :)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
We''ll see, I honesty don't expect too much of Novak yet. And about the Roger's current throne we'll see how long is going to last. The Shanghai final was a surprise and now in Basel I hope that Delpo or Cilic can do something good
Delpo can challenge Roger but not in a final..his skills typically regress by the last weekend although he recently won a title.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If you read just a few posts back you'll see that there was a fairly bi-partisan acceptance of who Federer and Nadal are, with mutual generosity. Now is the moment to join the kumbaya and stop being defensive. :)
Of course, Federer was attacked too and then "the mutual generosity" but ...how many times Nadal has been attacked and you have seen that "mutual generosity"?. Come on, this is not nothing to do with being defensive but if someone call you hypocrtie....well that was my response about who really is

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Delpo can challenge Roger but not in a final..his skills typically regress by the last weekend although he recently won a title.
The problem with Delpo is that he gets tired very easy but I hope if he would reach the final he would be in perfect conditions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Of course, Federer was attacked too and then "the mutual generosity" but ...how many times Nadal has been attacked and you have seen that "mutual generosity"?. Come on, this is not nothing to do with being defensive but if someone call you hypocrtie....well that was my response about who really is
It's true that Rafa has taken the brunt of the conspiracy theories on doping, over the years, but with the resurgence of Roger this year, folks have had to confront old prejudices and theories, and the fair people are also speaking up, too. Better late than never, anyway. Just take it on the chin, Carol, and move on. Everyone is banding together against spurious drug charges and calling out them for the not just unsubstantiated, but the rather ridiculous that they are. Why not just join in? You're beating against a wall that doesn't exist, right now.