US Open 2019, Flushing Meadows, NY USA - Grand Slam (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The problem is that you firmly believe that Nadal should never have any results on grass, so you can't view any of their matches on grass with any dispassion.

To be honest Moxie, most of the Fedfans firmly believe that Nadal should have never have 18 slams in his career. They believe that Federer should have 25+ slams and that he is an underachiever :unsure:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OMG¿ OMG¿ OMG...shot of the night.

Reactions: Carol

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Oh, stay up a little late. Life is short. Maybe just the first set. :)
I will push it. That is for damn sure. If it is an tight and exciting match I will stay up. It just means more coffee in the morning. :)

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Asked about that point, Rafa said: "It's easy to describe and difficult to make." Indeed.

Reactions: rafanoy1992

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To be honest Moxie, most of the Fedfans firmly believe that Nadal should have never have 18 slams in his career. They believe that Federer should have 25+ slams and that he is an underachiever :unsure:
His wins off clay are flukes. When Nadal's serve is good, it is news. We always hear that the guy is finally serving well, only to see that serve vanish in the same tournament. Based on talent, Roger should be on 26 slams and it is not an exaggeration. As long as the surfaces play this slow, Rafa will continue to look like an all court player, which he isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I liked how Nadal is saying that he needed to be aggressive on the return of serve and not allow Cilic to control the point. He is absolutely right that when is aggressive on the return of serve, he is a total different player.

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
I liked how Nadal is saying that he needed to be aggressive on the return of serve and not allow Cilic to control the point. He is absolutely right that when is aggressive on the return of serve, he is a total different player.
Hope he takes his own advice into the next match.

Reactions: rafanoy1992

tented

Administrator
Reactions
His wins off clay are flukes.

75D5F157-205C-47B1-BEFD-71B557F9AA61.gif

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
His wins off clay are flukes. When Nadal's serve is good, it is news. We always hear that the guy is finally serving well, only to see that serve vanish in the same tournament. Based on talent, Roger should be on 26 slams and it is not an exaggeration. As long as the surfaces pay this slow, Rafa will continue to look like an all court player, which he isn't.
Wow...you still willing to say that? That seems like a bitter way of looking at a great champion. Are you really a fan of tennis? Do you actually watch? Did you watch tonight? Or do you just puff up Roger on the internet?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Incredible tennis from Rafa, he really raised his level at the end! Also he made a few points that were so spectacular, they could be part of his all-time career highlights!

I saw that everybody was laughing when he was talking about Tiger Woods in the interview. Unfortunately I was on the phone so I couldn’t hear. What exactly was said and why did people laugh so many times? Thanks

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In all seriousness, I hope they re-watched the 3rd and 4th sets again because that's how Nadal should play. This is a great opportunity for Nadal (and Federer of course) to win another slam now that Djokovic is gone. No need to be passive and feel out the ball. Just be aggressive, Rafa!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In all seriousness, I hope they re-watched the 3rd and 4th sets again because that's how Nadal should play. This is a great opportunity for Nadal (and Federer of course) to win another slam now that Djokovic is gone. No need to be passive and feel out the ball. Just be aggressive, Rafa!
I was trying to find your old post about Schwartzman, but I couldn't. I didn't want to respond before Rafa won, so as not to jinx it. I do think there is every chance that Diego will push Rafa into long rallies and into playing too long. I think this is a trap he has to avoid. Schwartzman will be game, and I don't think it will necessarily be a straight-setter, but Rafa has to take what he learned from losing that 2nd set to Cilic. Too passive, and you stay on the court too long. Also, serve a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.