3. Elena Rybakina
4. Alison Van Uytvanck
5. Viktoria Kuzmova
6. Camila Giorgi
7. Fiona Ferro
8. Anna Blinkova

s3TH35S.jpg

The Tournament:

The Luxembourg Open, currently sponsored by BGL, is a women's tennis tournament held in Kockelscheuer, Luxembourg. Held since 1991, the tournament was an exhibition event (winners including Novotná, Navratilova and Appelmans) until 1995. After that, it became a WTA Tier III tournament, which it remained until 2004. In 2005, it was promoted to Tier II, marking the first such event to be held in Luxembourg. In 2008, the tournament was relegated to a Tier III event, before it became an International Series tournament in 2009.

About Luxembourg:

Luxembourg, officially the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, is a landlocked microstate in western Europe. It is bordered by Belgium to the west and north, Germany to the east, and France to the south. Its capital, Luxembourg City, is one of the four official capitals of the European Union (together with Brussels, Frankfurt, and Strasbourg) and the seat of the European Court of Justice, the highest judicial authority in the EU. Its culture, people, and languages are highly intertwined with its neighbours, making it essentially a mixture of French and German cultures, as evident by the nation's three official languages: French, German, and the national language of Luxembourgish. The repeated invasions by Germany, especially in World War II, resulted in the country's strong will for mediation between France and Germany and, among other things, led to the foundation of the European Union.

LJK33lF.jpg

Tp0c636.jpg

Tourism Guide:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am a bit surprised that Gauf is playing this tournament after her win at Linz,she is also playing doubles? I do not know who is advising her,but I feel for a 15 year old playing back to back tournaments is too much.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I am a bit surprised that Gauf is playing this tournament after her win at Linz,she is also playing doubles? I do not know who is advising her,but I feel for a 15 year old playing back to back tournaments is too much.

Good question, especially since she’s limited to a certain number of tournaments per year. Maybe she’s using up her allotment for this year?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gauff is out in the singles defeated by Ana Blinkova 64 60,she is still in the doubles with Catherine McNally.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Guaff/McNally won the doubles title defeating Christian/Guarachi (2)

S/finals results,

Ostapenko d Blinkova 36 63 62

Goerges d Rybakina 63 64

Final,

Ostapenko v Goerges.

Reactions: AnonymousFan