US Open 2018, Flushing Meadows, NY USA - Grand Slam (Men)

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The troubling thing about Federer was what my wife who is a hardcore Federer fan said when we finally watched the match, “ He’s tired, doesn’t want to be out there.”

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Eye. Watching an excessively long tennis, esp. Joker & Nadal silly routines is just a total waste of time. This is a universal obviousness and you don't need to be a young generation (I'm not) to be bored to death. I admire fans' patience and forgiveness, as they come up with crafty rationalisation for their idol's behaviour. I'm just practical so rather than wasting my time and patience when Joker & Nadal are playing, I simply record the match (especially if it's at 4:00am my local time) and then replay at my pace. I know I need to skip ahead at least 25secs at Nad serve because he must adjust his non-existent hair and scratch his butt to make sure his time allowance elapses. Same with Joker who must bounce the ball 10-15 times. I have even programmed my DVD player and I have my "silliness skip" button on my remote: works like a charm! Together with also very predictable 2:30-2:45 changeover commercial skip, I am able to compress my viewing time to almost half the original! No surprise if I mention that the famous AO final of 6h between Joker & Nad was the most compressible display of silliness. I ended up spending just 2h 30.

I still get tired thinking of that '12 AO! It had been a long day and the match didn't come on until after 2 am here in Chicago! I didn't miss a point, taping it to VHS format to save in my collection! Nole had just about taken over ownership of their rivalry with 6 straight wins; the last 2 majors! I was so hoping to see Nadal crack and totally give up, but it didn't happen! Nole gave him an opening when serving for the match in the 4th, systematically dropped the TB, and kept me awake until after 9 AM going 5 long sets! I literally didn't miss a moment and I was quite hungover and felt sleep deprived for weeks! :whistle: :nono: :wacko: :sleep: :sleep2:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I am discussing by myself in the special thread for this QF. Come on over there folks.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal did it he won wow that a match, back to back us open semis finals.

Last edited:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Delpo has a reasonnable chance vs the washed Spaniard in semi, if he plays well he can beat him, hope so

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fed totally tanked to not face Nole, let’s be honest about this. Otherwise it’s time for Fed to call it a career.
You shitheads, if he didn’t tank to avoid Nadal on clay, he wouldn’t tank to avoid anyone. As usual, bottom feeding Novak fans want to be relevant even when it’s totally irrelevant.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
I have one question, regarding yesterday match of Delpo, and since Eurosport isnt in HD, i have question if Delpo is shaving his legs ?! Seems very unnormal in tennis right ? I can get it at cycling, but tennis ? Did you saw anyone else shawed ?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have one question, regarding yesterday match of Delpo, and since Eurosport isnt in HD, i have question if Delpo is shaving his legs ?! Seems very unnormal in tennis right ? I can get it at cycling, but tennis ? Did you saw anyone else shawed ?
Agassi maybe?

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to all the Nole's fans. I wish them Nole wins dozen more slams. To Nole's haters, I wish the same. :yahoo:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
great for Nole, we realize that Sampras's records were reachable and seem obsolete now
I guess one day, today's players so called "fabulous" records will be broken

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
great for Nole, we realize that Sampras's records were reachable and seem obsolete now. I guess one day, today's players so called "fabulous" records will be broken

I'm not ready to concede that yet! Records set by Federer can be reached and broken by only 2 players! We've seen the best of the best with the Next Gens for the last decade and there's just no telling if any of them could come up with the consistency to break ANY of their records from Fedalovic! They are tennis if you look at the recordbook; just those 3 who've owned the tour like no others! :whistle: :yesyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: herios

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not ready to concede that yet! Records set by Federer can be reached and broken by only 2 players! We've seen the best of the best with the Next Gens for the last decade and there's just no telling if any of them could come up with the consistency to break ANY of their records from Fedalovic! They are tennis if you look at the recordbook; just those 3 who've owned the tour like no others! :whistle: :yesyes: :rolleyes:
why only 2 players ?? let's see what happen within 10, 20 or 50 years. tennis won't die when Nole and Nadal retire, another players can break records after that uh ?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
why only 2 players ?? let's see what happen within 10, 20 or 50 years. tennis won't die when Nole and Nadal retire, another players can break records after that uh ?

So you see someone coming along that can routinely win like Fedalovic on clay, HC, & grass, take Masters 1000 events without a problem, & at the same time be at the top of the game for 10+ years! You can dream I guess! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So you see someone coming along that can routinely win like Fedalovic on clay, HC, & grass, take Masters 1000 events without a problem, & at the same time be at the top of the game for 10+ years! You can dream I guess! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

It could happen sometimes, but not in the near future. None of the youngsters we have seen so far points to such pedigree.