Toray Pan Pacific Open

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched both s/finals,Aga did have the trainer out in the 3rd set,something wrong with her leg,still I am pleased for Caroline to make her first WTA final this year.Osaka was all over the place in the first set,she has great hands and natural easy power,her coach Dave Taylor,former long time coach of Sam Stosur,came on and pointed out a few things,she settled down and was too strong for Elina.It will be a contrast of styles in the final,it will be interesting to see if the experience of Caroline will be a telling factor.Osaka is a great talent at just 18 years old.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched Aga v. Caro. It was a back-and-forth momentum shift, and I'm pleased for Caroline...she's trying to claw her way back. Big win for her.

Reactions: britbox

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Caroline defeating Naomi 75 63,despite having the trainer out twice,with a heavily bandaged left thigh,her grit and mental toughness and experience proved too strong,this is her first title in eighteen months,this is her 2nd title at this tournament.Well done to Osaka her first WTA final and I doubt it will be her last,she has a lot of promise.

Reactions: Moxie and britbox

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'd forgotten that I'd seen Osaka play before. I like her a lot. Agreed, @MargaretMcAleer that her future looks bright!