Fedalovic Wars

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Here‘s a separate thread for the Fedalovic discussions. I’ve moved posts from other places to here to get it going.

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't even have to look! That rec. will last w/ his padded #'s of a very weak era after retirement of Sampras, Safin, & so many other top players! :facepalm:
Haha weak era my ass. Care to name the players not named Federer, Nadal or Djokovic who can be classed as strong opposition in the last decade? I mean slam winning strong now. Murray and Wawrinka obviously, a once off from Del Potro outside of this decade as his USO win was in 2009, a once off from Thiem. Very interested to hear all these other great players 'cos if they were so great they would have won some slams or at least knocked the top guys out on more than a rare occasion or two. Take your time. Must be a massive list but then again maybe not.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Bringing up "weak eras" is hypocritical given you're an ardent Novak supporter. The guy's had an easier time than Roger for nearly five seasons.

IDK how Novak could have it easier if he has to go thru Fedal, Murray, Del Po, Wawrinka, etc.? Are U nuts? I have no words for U? Seek help! :facepalm:

• Haha
Reactions: Sabratha and Bonaca

Sabratha

Club Member
Reactions
IDK how Novak could have it easier if he has to go thru Fedal, Murray, Del Po, Wawrinka, etc.? Are U nuts? I have no words for U? Seek help! :facepalm:
Quite telling you resort to personal insults when someone disagrees with your sentiment. :thinking-face:

It's been well established during 2014-2016 Nadal was AWOL, Federer was in his mid 30s and Murray, Del Potro and Wawrinka are hardly a tier above players like Hewitt, Safin and Roddick in terms of peak playing level. In fact, old man Lleyton lead the H2H with Del Potro and beat Wawrinka in an important match. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Not to mention these last few years he's gotten to feast on the "Next Gen".

I still don't see why you've given yourself the right to belittle Roger's competition and defend Novak's. It definitely does scream hypocrisy.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Quite telling you resort to personal insults when someone disagrees with your sentiment. :thinking-face:

It's been well established during 2014-2016 Nadal was AWOL, Federer was in his mid 30s and Murray, Del Potro and Wawrinka are hardly a tier above players like Hewitt, Safin and Roddick in terms of peak playing level. In fact, old man Lleyton lead the H2H with Del Potro and beat Wawrinka in an important match. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I still don't see why you've given yourself the right to belittle Roger's competition and defend Novak's. It definitely does scream hypocrisy.

What about Novak 2016-2018??
You just an ordinary Djokovic hater??

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Fiero425

Sabratha

Club Member
Reactions
What about Novak 2016-2018??
You just an ordinary Djokovic hater??

It makes me a hater to think Novak's had easier competition too? If so, what does it make all the posters who harp on and on about "weak eras"? :thinking-face:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
It makes me a hater to think Novak's had easier competition too? If so, what does it make all the posters who harp on and on about "weak eras"? :thinking-face:
Was just a question. But I have already realised you don't like to answer questions.

These kind of discussions lead to nothing. Both sides can put valuable arguments on the table.
I think you wrote it recently: There is no big difference between them, maybe not even significant.

Sabratha

Club Member
Reactions
Was just a question. But I have already realised you don't like to answer questions.

These kind of discussions lead to nothing. Both sides can put valuable arguments on the table.
I think you wrote it recently: There is no big difference between them, maybe not even significant.
There's really nothing much between any of them, that's the truth. Using the weak era argument just shows either hatred or butthurt. I was a little put off because I'm trying my best to be impartial here.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

As you've only just joined the forum recently I'll let you know this not so secret fact about Fiero who has admitted he used to be a Federer fan. His motto is support them till they get old and then slag them at every opportunity and attempt to belittle their achievements while hoping we forgot that he used to be a Federer fan except we haven't forgotten. It's all quite sad to be honest. Poor Fiero gets upset when people correctly point out Djokovic only got the h2h advantage when Roger turned 35 lol.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
There's really nothing much between any of them, that's the truth. Using the weak era argument just shows either hatred or butthurt. I was a little put off because I'm trying my best to be impartial here.
Fair enough. Nothing wrong about that.

By the way, Fiero is a very reasonable poster here with high tennis knowledge.
We Novak Fans are clearly the minority in this forum and have to read tons of shit from the majority.
Think that's part of the game too.

No offense.

Sabratha

Club Member
Reactions
As you've only just joined the forum recently I'll let you know this not so secret fact about Fiero who has admitted he used to be a Federer fan. His motto is support them till they get old and then slag them at every opportunity and attempt to belittle their achievements while hoping we forgot that he used to be a Federer fan except we haven't forgotten. It's all quite sad to be honest. Poor Fiero gets upset when people correctly point out Djokovic only got the h2h advantage when Roger turned 35 lol.
He's on a forum I used to frequent and we've had run ins over the years. I'm aware of his history. :)

• Haha

Sabratha

Club Member
Reactions

We Novak Fans are clearly the minority in this forum and have to read tons of shit from the majority.

No offense.
More reasonable than some others but not reasonable enough for my liking when it comes to discussion of weak eras and the like. In a perfect world the argument wouldn't exist.

Actually beating someone across the net at that level is accomplishment enough.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

No offense.

Sure, who wasn't on the Federer bandwagon way back when? We were transported by his elegant tennis, but along came Rafa with his brutish game and pounded him into the clay; then grass in '08! We're supposed to continue waving the flag for the old guy even after 2 players have owned him the last 10-15 years? His status shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with age! Their games are just more devastating to someone like Fed who needs his opponents' help at this point to win! Nadovic aren't going to rollover for Roger like some players still do! I have nothing against Roger or his fans, but he can't be considered the GOAT in this circumstance! History might elevate him above the other 2, but real life says he's mortal and right now he's having trouble beating his 2 closest rivals! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonaca

Sabratha

Club Member
Reactions
Sure, who wasn't on the Federer bandwagon way back when? We were transported by his elegant tennis, but along came Rafa with his brutish game and pounded him into the clay; then grass in '08! We're supposed to continue waving the flag for the old guy even after 2 players have owned him the last 10-15 years? His status shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with age! Their games are just more devastating to someone like Fed who needs his opponents help at this point to win! Nadovic aren't going to rollover for Roger like some players still do! I have nothing against Roger or his fans, but he can't be considered the GOAT in this circumstance! History might elevate him above the other 2, but real life says he's mortal and right now he's having trouble beating his 2 closest rivals! :)
One of which only "owned" him after he reached his mid 30s. :yawningface:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
One of which only "owned" him after he reached his mid 30s. :yawningface:

That is not correct, Novak owned him since his end 20s not mid 30s.
And by the way , we can only judge about facts and stats, what would have been when they both were the same age, nobody knows.
My guess is a closer h2h with Novak in front. His mental power and ROS put him above IMO.

Sabratha

Club Member
Reactions
That is not correct, Novak owned him since his end 20s not mid 30s.
And by the way , we can only judge about facts and stats, what would have been when they both were the same age, nobody knows.
My guess is a closer h2h with Novak in front. His mental power and ROS put him above IMO.

He wasn't "owning" him if he was behind in the H2H. Federer turned 30 in 2011 by the way.

As for a comparison between them at the same age I would put Federer in front but Novak would win a lot of important matches and it'd be close.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
He wasn't "owning" him if he was behind in the H2H. Federer turned 30 in 2011 by the way.

As for a comparison between them at the same age I would put Federer in front but Novak would win a lot of important matches and it'd be close.
I mean Federer also only "owned" him before Novak reached his peak in 2011

But 1 thing to note is that Federer only had 17 slams when he turned 25, Novak at 34 has got 18

Reactions: Bonaca

Sabratha

Club Member
Reactions
I mean Federer also only "owned" him before Novak reached his peak in 2011

But 1 thing to note is that Federer only had 17 slams when he turned 25, Novak at 34 has got 18
Give 33-34 year old Federer Novak's competition and he has more than 20 by the time he's the same age.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Pro Tennis (Mens) 1923