The Small Screen: TV

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The actor who played Couchran won an Emmy for best guest appearance on a series..:clap..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Last night was the calm before the storm. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. In case you guys didn't know the show was renewed for Season 5. Thank the heavens!

Hey Darth, next year if Mickey bangs Lena, isn't that worthy of an Emmy nomination , :laydownlaughing

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
Last night was the calm before the storm. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. In case you guys didn't know the show was renewed for Season 5. Thank the heavens!

Hey Darth, next year if Mickey bangs Lena, isn't that worthy of an Emmy nomination , :laydownlaughing

We have a phrase back home "she's murder for the mickey" about slutty chicks :D

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

We have a phrase back home "she's murder for the mickey" about slutty chicks :D

:laydownlaughing

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched the season finale late last night, was very tired after seeing another pathetic Packers game. It was very underwhelming and anticlimatic from what I remember but I am going to rewatch tonight and see if I may have been wrong. Even with a mediocre season finale it was still one hell of a ride this year!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I watched the season finale late last night, was very tired after seeing another pathetic Packers game. It was very underwhelming and anticlimatic from what I remember but I am going to rewatch tonight and see if I may have been wrong. Even with a mediocre season finale it was still one hell of a ride this year!

Yes. It was very anticlimactic ..I wanted the Russian mob asshole to suffer more..

The Packers had no business loosing that game to that depleted Vikings..Rodgers didn't have a good game but he didn't have good protection or the receivers wasn't able to get good separation.. The Vikings defense was good

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Agreed about Donovan, everything about the leadup had me on the edge of my seat but then last night was shockingly tame.

Rodgers has been mediocre for a full calendar year my man. I have to accept reality that he might be washed up, the accuracy is gone, not quite as much zip on the ball, and now the decision making and ball security is starting to suffer. I actually thought protection was decent and the receivers were open at times and he just missed them and in crucial spots. I hope he breaks up with Olivia Munn and gets his head back on straight. But he'd be crazy to break up with THAT. And you already know that I think the coach should've been shown the door years ago.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Agreed about Donovan, everything about the leadup had me on the edge of my seat but then last night was shockingly tame.

Rodgers has been mediocre for a full calendar year my man. I have to accept reality that he might be washed up, the accuracy is gone, not quite as much zip on the ball, and now the decision making and ball security is starting to suffer. I actually thought protection was decent and the receivers were open at times and he just missed them and in crucial spots. I hope he breaks up with Olivia Munn and gets his head back on straight. But he'd be crazy to break up with THAT. And you already know that I think the coach should've been shown the door years ago.

Darth..I would take Aaron Rodgers in a quickness.. I would give the entire 49ers team including coach Pig face..GM dumbass and owner don't have a clue York except Bowman ..it's not Rodgers it's the defense ..they need some studs on that line and some cover people.. Olivia Munn a nice piece of azz..are there nice looking women in GB:nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There aren't any Olivia Munn's walking around Wisconsin haha.

I will still take Rodgers too because there is the possibility this is a prolonged slump that he can snap out of. But his play is showing just how overrated the team as a whole has been the past 5 years. He kept McCarthy employed and Ted Thompson has done next to nothing because the team has been in contention due to having a QB who quite frankly played the position better than anyone ever has until a year ago. People on the outside and even some blind Packer fans actually think the coach is good and that this is a well-run organization and I've told those people that Rodgers (the old version) just about guarantees you 10-11 wins on a team full of scrubs anywhere in the league.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
After rewatching the season finale of Ray Donovan yesterday I thought it was better than I had remembered late Sunday. I still think the main action ended in a very anticlimatic way and that was unfortunate but it was still pretty solid in many ways.

I like pretty much every character on the show but...eventually to keep the show fresh they are going to have to start killing characters off. Now I'm not saying they go all Game of Thrones on us but I was kind of surprised all of them made it out of this alive.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
After rewatching the season finale of Ray Donovan yesterday I thought it was better than I had remembered late Sunday. I still think the main action ended in a very anticlimatic way and that was unfortunate but it was still pretty solid in many ways.

I like pretty much every character on the show but...eventually to keep the show fresh they are going to have to start killing characters off. Now I'm not saying they go all Game of Thrones on us but I was kind of surprised all of them made it out of this alive.

Speaking of GOT, did you hear that the one episode The Battle of the Bastards won a lot of Emmys and critical acclaim.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Yep, and interestingly enough I didn't think the episode was that special given it was a rare time the show is predictable. It was still wildly entertaining and well done but there have been many better episodes of that show sometimes just due to shock value.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ Yep, and interestingly enough I didn't think the episode was that special given it was a rare time the show is predictable. It was still wildly entertaining and well done but there have been many better episodes of that show sometimes just due to shock value.

Come on Darth, the battle scene was breathe taking .The scenes where Ramsey had Briene running for his life,Jon Snow going solo taken on the entire infantry . I Have NEVER watched a battle scene like that that was shot so skillfully ..well it's just my opinion

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree with you, the battle scenes were excellent and the last scene (without giving anything away) was some spectacular justice. But it's what I mentioned before, that it was all just way too predictable for a show that is anything but.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I was away on holidays lads, I'm gonna watch the finale to RD tday, will check back in tomorrow on it...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched it! I thought the first 40 minutes or so were great, a good build up, but a few things in the episode kinda jarred and made me feel like they were intent on tidying things up too neatly.

Firstly, Abby's "miracle", which I'll call it, so as not to give away spoilers to anyone who still has to watch it. This was ridiculous. The whole series had taken a serious topic into the show, and then - Big Smile, it's gone! It was odd, and gave off a sour smell.

Secondly, Bunchy isn't a killer, and - thirdly - Avi was on his death bed, but then both of them became superheroes?

Bunchy and Mickey heading down into the top secret hive of Russian villains armed only with a few guns seemed not only out of character (for Bunch), but weren't they also going to be easily outnumbered and outgunned by the Russkies? Next time we see the pair of them, after the initial sortie, is in the Fite Club, whirling a few dames around the dance floor.

It was too tidy, and I kinda grimaced at the end when Abby and Ray smugly smirked like Frank Underwood and his missus in House of Cards: "Nobody can touch us now, Ray."

I enjoyed it, but somehow there were too many false notes rang in it for it to be convincing. Far too tidy a clean up, it makes me wonder if there's going to be a season 5, after all...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I watched it! I thought the first 40 minutes or so were great, a good build up, but a few things in the episode kinda jarred and made me feel like they were intent on tidying things up too neatly.

Firstly, Abby's "miracle", which I'll call it, so as not to give away spoilers to anyone who still has to watch it. This was ridiculous. The whole series had taken a serious topic into the show, and then - Big Smile, it's gone! It was odd, and gave off a sour smell.

Secondly, Bunchy isn't a killer, and - thirdly - Avi was on his death bed, but then both of them became superheroes?

Bunchy and Mickey heading down into the top secret hive of Russian villains armed only with a few guns seemed not only out of character (for Bunch), but weren't they also going to be easily outnumbered and outgunned by the Russkies? Next time we see the pair of them, after the initial sortie, is in the Fite Club, whirling a few dames around the dance floor.

It was too tidy, and I kinda grimaced at the end when Abby and Ray smugly smirked like Frank Underwood and his missus in House of Cards: "Nobody can touch us now, Ray."

I enjoyed it, but somehow there were too many false notes rang in it for it to be convincing. Far too tidy a clean up, it makes me wonder if there's going to be a season 5, after all...

Totally agree. Bunchy coming back didn't even make much sense, it just seems in the last couple episodes they had some random, unlikely things to just fit the plot (the Feds finding Sonya and her ratting on Ray, and then Bunchy coming back and is suddenly a gangster like Ray and his old man). And one other thing, this old Russian is a huge crime boss yet he only goes out with 1 guard when he knows Ray may be looking to make a move. And then there are only 2 guys left at his huge mansion and they come out looking all drunk and dumb and get killed right away. It was all a little too simple and anticlimatic.

It has been renewed for a 5th season so I'm sure there will be one but it will be interesting to see what direction they go.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They also completely ignored Ray's involvement with Katie Holmes character from last season. I mean, if you need 2m in a hurry, he could go there, right?

But it was a great season, up until the last 15 minutes, really. I suppose the thing that would have made it complete is, a main character gets killed, and the ending was less resolved. Certainly not this "there's nobody can touch us now, Ray" happy ending stuff...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Agreed, and the thing is I like all the main characters. So it'd suck to see one of them get taken out but it'd advance the show. And of all the seasons this is really the first one with a truly happy ending where it seems all is suddenly right with their world.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Almost as if they thought, okay let's reboot this thing next year, Ray goes back to fixing Hollywood scandals and his family get to be dysfunctional again, but not all in the one storyline.

It was a great season, and the show is topnotch, but sometimes you need great tragedy too, like the way the Sopranos killed off main stars, and GoT does too. I thought that was gonna be Avi's fate, or Lena, but it would have been more potent if they capped one of the kids, who were basically sidelined anyway for the last six or seven episodes...