Benoit Paire -- 24 (+3)
Vasek Pospisil -- 40 (+31)
Jiri Vesely -- 78 (+3)
Pablo Carreno Busta -- 90 (+1)
Jan-Lennard Struff -- 95 (+8)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
If Fed does not reach SF in Cincy (this may involve beating inform Nadal), his ranking
will go down to 6 (even if Berdych loses in 1st round).

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
If Fed does not reach SF in Cincy (this may involve beating inform Nadal), his ranking
will go down to 6 (even if Berdych loses in 1st round).

I warned people, Federer will have to depend on others to keep his ranking in the top 10! You can't drop by this much in the way of form and keep it in the top 4 and not make semi's and finals! He spent it all in 2012 and it's coming to haunt him! Same thing happened to Sampras; won Wimbledon in 2000 and didn't take anything until 2002 USO! He had dropped out of the top 20, but was seeded #17 when he took his last major!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Also, if Fed does not make SF in Cincy and DelPotro makes SF (this has
a good likelihood considering his projected QF opponent is Ferrer), he too will
surpass Federer and Fed's ranking will go down to 7.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Also, if Fed does not make SF in Cincy and DelPotro makes SF (this has
a good likelihood considering his projected QF opponent is Ferrer), he too will
surpass Federer and Fed's ranking will go down to 7.

I've said that 2 or 3 times, Federer has to depend on other players losing, not just him winning to keep him from falling out of the top 10!

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
Well even if he doesnt do really well after US Open, he will stay top 10 for this year atleast. He doesnt have much to defend except the WTF finals.. and next year it's all gain

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Moxie629 said:
If Rafa wins his next round in Montreal, he passes Ferrer and takes the #3 spot. And he would then be within 1400 points of Murray for the #2 rank, with nothing to defend. (If he wins the tournament, he's within 1000 of Murray, and something over 2000 of Djokovic. Not outside of the realm of possibility. Keep your eyes on that rear-view mirror, boys!)

We all love you for your thinking and efforts around here darling, but "dream on!" :laydownlaughing :clap :nono :angel: - The summer and fall is not Rafa's time, even when he was at his heights and healthy! He reminds me more of an older player trying to hang on other than an elite athlete! He hasn't impressed me at all with his play, barely squeaking through so far!

You still laughing at me, Fiero? ;) Rafa is 750 points behind Murray, and 2940 behind Djokovic. I know Andy is defending at least 2000 points and Novak 4200. Fortunes change quickly when one player has no points to defend. :angel:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Moxie629 said:
Fiero425 said:
Moxie629 said:
If Rafa wins his next round in Montreal, he passes Ferrer and takes the #3 spot. And he would then be within 1400 points of Murray for the #2 rank, with nothing to defend. (If he wins the tournament, he's within 1000 of Murray, and something over 2000 of Djokovic. Not outside of the realm of possibility. Keep your eyes on that rear-view mirror, boys!)

We all love you for your thinking and efforts around here darling, but "dream on!" :laydownlaughing :clap :nono :angel: - The summer and fall is not Rafa's time, even when he was at his heights and healthy! He reminds me more of an older player trying to hang on other than an elite athlete! He hasn't impressed me at all with his play, barely squeaking through so far!

You still laughing at me, Fiero? ;) Rafa is 750 points behind Murray, and 2940 behind Djokovic. I know Andy is defending at least 2000 points and Novak 4200. Fortunes change quickly when one player has no points to defend. :angel:

I wouldn't be braggin' about it if I were you! Sounds very calculating! I always have to wonder and shake my head whenever Rafa or his uncle have something to say! They'll be busted sooner or later for perpetual fraud!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Moxie629 said:
Fiero425 said:
Moxie629 said:

I wouldn't be braggin' about it if I were you! Sounds very calculating! I always have to wonder and shake my head whenever Rafa or his uncle have something to say! They'll be busted sooner or later for perpetual fraud!

Of course it's calculating...it's about the rankings points. It's math. As to the rest, what the heck are you on about? :cool:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
When the new rankings come out on Monday, they'll show that Raonic will have been a Top 10 player for exactly one week.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
With todays win Isner will be ranked around 14. This is an important boost for him
as he will now get the 9-16 range seeding at USO and so will face somebody from
17-24 range in R32.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
With todays win Isner will be ranked around 14. This is an important boost for him
17-24 range in R32.

Today's win puts him at No. 18. He needs to get to the final to reach No. 14. If he were to win the tournament, he would get all the way to No. 11.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
GameSetAndMath said:
17-24 range in R32.

Today's win puts him at No. 18. He needs to get to the final to reach No. 14. If he were to win the tournament, he would get all the way to No. 11.

You are right, I made an unforced error.

Incidentally, if Rafa wins this tournament, he becomes number 2 surpassing Andy.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Incidentally, if Rafa wins this tournament, he becomes number 2 surpassing Andy.

I forgot about that possibility, but you're right -- with Murray out, Rafa could surpass him if he wins. But he must win; just getting to the final wouldn't be enough.

Didi

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Now, Fed officially becomes No. 7.

I figured that he would fall behind Del Potro but it's pretty shocking that he falls even behind Berdych given that he entered the US Open 2012 as the clear #1 just 12 months ago and Berd not even having a great year, maybe solid at best. On a sidenote, the last time Roger entered a Slam as the 7th seed he lost in straights to Mario Ancic in the first round of Wimbledon more than a decade ago in 2002. That was the year when people started to have high hopes on him after he had beaten Pete the year before. Back then I remember newspapers, experts and former stars totally writing him off as another hopeless headcase who's never going to win a slam. According to him that really was the key moment from which he started to rise and prove them wrong, culminating in winning Wimbledon 12 months later. Now he's back to that magical number from where it all began. Hoepfully there is one last rise left in the great man to prove them wrong once again.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Didi said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Now, Fed officially becomes No. 7.

I figured that he would fall behind Del Potro but it's pretty shocking that he falls even behind Berdych given that he entered the US Open 2012 as the clear #1 just 12 months ago and Berd not even having a great year, maybe solid at best. On a sidenote, the last time Roger entered a Slam as the 7th seed he lost in straights to Mario Ancic in the first round of Wimbledon more than a decade ago in 2002. That was the year when people started to have high hopes on him after he had beaten Pete the year before. Back then I remember newspapers, experts and former stars totally writing him off as another hopeless headcase who's never going to win a slam. According to him that really was the key moment from which he started to rise and prove them wrong, culminating in winning Wimbledon 12 months later. Now he's back to that magical number from where it all began. Hoepfully there is one last rise left in the great man to prove them wrong once again.

So, you mean Rog will lose in 1st round in USO this year and then take the trophy at USO 2014.

Didi

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
So, you mean Rog will lose in 1st round in USO this year and then take the trophy at USO 2014.

Hehe, obviously it was not meant that literally. But who knows maybe Dodig could take Ancic's role now. ;) But it's a nice analogy anyway and I do hope there will be one final rise.