The Music Box

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
As a lover of music and especially contemporary Bollywood music, I would like to draw your attention to a few artistes who are contributing greatly to Indian music.

1. Arijit Singh
2. Armaan Malik

I don't know how many of people who are not Indians will be interested to listen to Indian music but give it a try. Songs of these two have a western touch that you all can enjoy. This is only a recent trend in Indian music. Just try this flavour if you have not done so in the past. See if you like our music. :)

Please search the above names in youtube along with 'jukebox' and you will see a list of songs. :)

Here are a few specimens.

Arijit Singh:

Armaan Malik:

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

As a lover of music and especially contemporary Bollywood music, I would like to draw your attention to a few artistes who are contributing greatly to Indian music.

1. Arijit Singh
2. Armaan Malik

I don't know how many of people who are not Indians will be interested to listen to Indian music but give it a try. Songs of these two have a western touch that you all can enjoy. This is only a recent trend in Indian music. Just try this flavour if you have not done so in the past. See if you like our music. :)

Please search the above names in youtube along with 'jukebox' and you will see a list of songs. :)

Here are a few specimens.

Arijit Singh:

Armaan Malik:

nice music, we have an old mate, Shankar, maybe you know him from other boards, usually Start da Game is his nick, he posted some good Bollywood songs and if i remember rightly he posted some traditional indian music too :dance1::dance3:

And our other friend Emma used to post Bollywood songs too, she posted songs from the movies of this girl among others:

Yeah, by the way she's a member here too, came with the tennisfrontier merge :D she just has to activate her account or get an admin to do it for her :p

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
One of the best of the lesser known grunge bands. Great old tune.

N

Nekro

RIP Dimebag. Great song.

Haha i used to fight in the past with tons of Pantera fans :lulz1:I hate Anselmo lol.... for many many reasons, but long story short imo he's not a metal guy.... Start with his lyrics, they fit gangsta rap groups more than a metal band like, your daughter is giving me bj for weed, i'm a poor redneck but i mess with your family, your dad is a judge, i'm a poor redneck but i will outlive you cause i'm a tough redneck, you know where I, the poor redneck came from but i'll... but i'll!!!! :p just replace redneck with gangsta and you get what i meant :p

yeah and he ripped off exhorder..... he's ruining any band he touches.... when he joined Necrophagia i almost puked lol... he's not a real metal artist for me, he's more like a weeder groupie bro or something like that lol

Yeah and his philcore bands suck :hunting::chainsaw::spank::lightning:

Reactions: Front242

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
True, they did very much rip off Exhorder alright. The unfortunate thing is, besides really hardcore metal fans, the majority of mainstream metal fans won't even know who Exhorder were and only know Pantera. Down are a decent band too as Anselmo projects go imo or at least some songs are good.

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Some more old industrial metal classics for you, Nekro :)

And the later version they did of this song. -|-\m/-|-

Oomph were around years before Rammstein and imo are way better.

Last edited:
N

Nekro

^That Pitchshifter song is awesome!!! You mentioned Rammstein, a german band that's similar but much deeper than Rammstein: The Vision Bleak, gothic metal:

N

Nekro

lol i have a funny story about Sam Bean, the guy who played in Mithras, actually i have many funny stories about him, anyway, this one is about his crush on Doris Yeh: he said his feeling was so strong he would have swum across an ocean of shit to give bj to the last guy who banged Doris Yeh.... Then a very funny discussion about sex with asian chicks followed, this was btw in the peak era of Nile, this is the girl btw:

Another cultic figure from the Nile board is NDMG, a slightly crazy but quite talented musician, he was getting banned nonstop from the morbid angel board partly for his conspiracy theories and partly cause the admin was jealous ndmg was more talented than him and that his band was doing much better than his....

Lol at one point he was banned from the Nile board too by Karl Sanders himself cause he is such a nerd he went mad about stuff like the snare sound on the latest album :lulz1::lol3:...... This is ndmg:

images

and this is his band

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Very cool. NDMG I hadn't heard of, cheers. Just Nile and Karl Sanders but very cool. The Vision Bleak sound very cool too. Only just got the time to listen now and bookmarked to check out more of their stuff when I get the chance :) Diorama are a cool darkwave band.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
In the mood for some Nailbomb before bed. You probably know these guys, Nekro! What an album Point Blank was! Max Cavalera (ex-Sepultura) and Alex Newport (Fudge Tunnel). -|-\m/-|-

N

Nekro

ofc I know the Cavalera bros, old Sepultura fan here :D Actually when i don't have time to play the guitar i keep my tapping callouses in shape with Inquisition Symphony from the Schizophrenia album :lulz1:

Diorama is good, reminded me of some Thy Catafalque songs.... Avant-garde metal. They're pretty famous, the songwriter, Kátai Tamás has very good bands, he's very famous in the black metal scene too.... Some of his bands made albums in English too:

a good clip for nuke lovers :lulz1:

This is one of his other bands, Gire:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Outstanding! Thy Catafalque are awesome. Loved the first song and really liked the others too. Cheers! Can't see the similarity between them and Diorama though haha :D

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Crap quality but decent old school heavy metal tune :) Paul Dianno and Dennis Straton. Ex-Iron Maiden and actually I hate Iron Maiden tbh. Not a fan of high pitched screechy vocalists who sound like they were kicked in the nuts at birth! Blaze Bayley and Dianno were much better than Dickinson imo.

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
One of my favourite latter day Simple Minds songs. Nice late night easy listening.

N

Nekro

Crap quality but decent old school heavy metal tune :) Paul Dianno and Dennis Straton. Ex-Iron Maiden and actually I hate Iron Maiden tbh. Not a fan of high pitched screechy vocalists who sound like they were kicked in the nuts at birth!
Hahaha i like some of them, like Rob Halford and Jim Gillette, haha he turned into an "MMA fighter" :p he was married to Lita Ford from the Runaways and they have kids but got divorced cause Jim turned violent.
LF_JG_July_23_2015_8.jpg

I loved Bluetengel :D first i thought it was going to be like the Homage for Satan clip and the zombies were going to chase him but they just walked with him peacefully :lulz1:

Outstanding! Thy Catafalque are awesome. Loved the first song and really liked the others too. Cheers! Can't see the similarity between them and Diorama though haha :D
It was either the keyboards or the key+vocs combo, Thy Catafalque is always different, with many vocalists, sometimes male, sometimes female in all styles, folk, black, death, all kinds of clean, must have been one of those clean vocs+keyboard messing songs...

BTW the first albums of Thy Catafalque were black metal with English only lyrics...

Kátai was very active in the 90s black metal scene... the good old Ahriman/Nebron/Sear Bliss era..... love old Sear Bliss, lol they're famous for their trombone player :lulz1:

This is from the old era, very relaxing:

a more mainstream song:

The Árnyak (a dark metal band) singer also sings on Thy Catafalque albums...