The Music Box

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Very nice. Only one I knew out of those was Amorphis and, yeah, they went shit later on. Must listen to those longer above properly later. Didn't realize I never posted my reply lol. Had it typed but was running out the door this morning and forgot to send it. Anyway, must check those out properly when I get the chance, Nekro :) Cheers!

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

This is just some relaxing rock jamming with a poem and some very pleasant guitar solos

And here's a cool song from Dalriada with their friends the Fajkusz band, they play up the violins and stuff in the studio too...

Reactions: Front242
N

Nekro

lol!!! Federberg said the Hunyadi song from Dalriada sounded like Jethro Tull and he was right, now this band really sounds like Jethro Tull!!! ofc the folk themes are somewhat different but still Hungarian folk has pentatonic scales too even though they're these ancient turkish sounding ones and more eastern for sure than what Jethro Tull has, anyway, here it is, cool stuff :D :dance1::dance2::dance3:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Another 3 Electro Spectre tunes. One of my favourite synthpop bands for late night easy listening. So many great songs.

N

Nekro

^nice vids it's good to listen to something new, lately this is the best new band i found: It's a mix of old school and modern, you can discover cannibal corpse or jazzy stuff like Cryptopsy.... The guitarist's influences are bands like Decapitated and Revocation...

The girl is a very charismatic frontwoman, she has great videos on metal vocal techniques, she's brutal live too:

and the guy has cool guitar vids...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Very nice! Normally I can tell a mile off it's a chick grunting eg, Crisis or Arch Enemy but she's very good. Speaking of Arch Enemy, totally different band since having female singers but the new one is dead hot.

N

Nekro

Arch Enemy's early albums were not bad but later they went generic melo-death..... One of the bro guitarists played in Carcass too..... I wouldn't listen to Arch Enemy anymore, riffs, songwriting, everything's too generic.....

from the melodeath sounding bands Wintersun is cool:

ofc Jari Maenpaa has all kinds of influences from black metal to Devin Townsend, from the black metal bands he played in i like Arthemesia:

N

Nekro

^Last time i listened to the new Nile when training, also listening to the Dehydrated albums, or just something old school like Gorguts, Suffocation... oh and sometimes to some meditative black metal stuff like Summoning

N

Nekro

lol Lawrence Huxham discovered Lord, a very very old dinosaur band, it's a tot cool band though :D :dance3:

A cool song that always rocks hard at concerts:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

One of the best latter era industrial Gary Numan songs. He's one creepy f****r :D

Another class Gary Numan tune. A bit different from his early stuff for those of you who only remember his song "Cars" : ) This is nasty electro/industrial/metal.

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

One of the best old C.O.C. songs.

Love this song. Very Pantera styled vocals. Awesome.

N

Nekro

The singers sound incredibly good when they sing together, the ending theme is phenomenal <3