The Alcaraz vs Djokovic rivalry: How will it unfold?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz won the 1st meeting in an epic close match. :clap:

I feel that the pressure will surely be on Djokovic in the next meeting as he wouldn't want to be down 0-2 against Alcaraz who keeps on improving. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

It will be a difficult challenge as Alcaraz is great in both offense and defense, super fast, and strong mentally. :yes::flexed-biceps:

It's definitely the match up that I want to see the most right now in tennis. Imagine if it ends up something like 7-0 for Alcaraz. :popcorn

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2ada3fb2-1ad4-4a64-88d7-77d5efa3408d_600x333.gif

carlos-alcaraz-reveals-keys-to-his-success-.webp

07942e76b8c81e10b5ea87b2b1dc5d35

:bye:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheSicilian

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In the gif showing match point Djokovic hit one of the best returns of his whole career and yet Alcaraz answered it with a winner about 10 meters far from Djokovic. Amazing. :clap:

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
They should't even had a rivalry one is 20 and the other 35 :thinking-face: But hopefully Alcaraz will have a good record. I hope CA doesn't feel extra pressure if they play at a slam, the idiot Novax fans on twitter try to * his Us Open win :face-with-symbols-on-mouth: I hope Carlos doesn't feel like he has to beat Novak in a slam to prove himself or maybe that would motivate him more? :flexed-biceps:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A great return? It went straight back to his opponent…

This serve would usually be an ace but Djokovic managed to return it deep and with power, it was definitely one of his greatest returns but Alcaraz is just too strong.

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This serve would usually be an ace but Djokovic managed to return it deep and with power, it was definitely one of his greatest returns but Alcaraz is just too strong.
It would usually be an ace…against you. It looks like a well placed second serve, Novak does nothing special with the return…

Reactions: Front242 and Moxie

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They should't even had a rivalry one is 20 and the other 35 :thinking-face: But hopefully Alcaraz will have a good record. I hope CA doesn't feel extra pressure if they play at a slam, the idiot Novax fans on twitter try to * his Us Open win :face-with-symbols-on-mouth: I hope Carlos doesn't feel like he has to beat Novak in a slam to prove himself or maybe that would motivate him more? :flexed-biceps:
El duh will tell you Djokovic is far weaker than Carlos on clay.

Then he will post some ‘el dud formulated’ stats and say he backs up his statements.

Of course then he jumps on the bandwagon (from Djokovic to Carlito) like those ‘wow girls’.

Totally predictable.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It would usually be an ace…against you. It looks like a well placed second serve, Novak does nothing special with the return…

I feel like I'm in The Twilight Zone! For years on this site and others, Fedal fans explain away Novak's dominance playing the aged couple as if 5-6 years more experience made all the difference near the end of their careers! Novak's dropped a match to some kid 1 time and he doesn't get the same consideration after being unable to play on tour for months! I know I can totally dismiss those types of hypocrites! :yawningface: :shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face:

Reactions: nehmeth

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I feel like I'm in The Twilight Zone! For years on this site and others, Fedal fans explain away Novak's dominance playing the aged couple as if 5-6 years more experience made all the difference near the end of their careers! Novak's dropped a match to some kid 1 time and he doesn't get the same consideration after being unable to play on tour for months! I know I can totally dismiss those types of hypocrites! :yawningface: :shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face:
But you were one of the original weak era hypocrites yourself, karma too quick hahhahhahahahha

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A great return? It went straight back to his opponent…
Who took it down the line, which is where Novak's supposed "great return" should have gone.

I don't think Carlos is going to "own" Djokovic, in the short term, but if they play much, and Carlos's ranking implies they will, time is on his side, as you say.

Reactions: Fiero425

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Who took it down the line, which is where Novak's supposed "great return" should have gone.

I don't think Carlos is going to "own" Djokovic, in the short term, but if they play much, and Carlos's ranking implies they will, time is on his side, as you say.

The question isn't whether Alcaraz will own Djokovic or not. The question is whether Djokovic will have the courage to show up & play Alcaraz. Djokovic already withdrew from Davis Cup out of fear. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
At the end of 2019 Djokovic v Tsitsipas had a H2H of 2-2. People were touting Stefanos as the next world beater. It’s now 10-2. Djokovic, like all champions, endeavors to make a statement against the up and coming champions. He’s added 5-10 pounds of muscle to his frame and is striking the ball as well as I’ve ever seen him. Under Goran’s tutelage, his serve has become a true weapon and his net approach and volley has gone from comical to skilled. It will be interesting to see what he brings to the court when he and Carlos play again.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
At the end of 2019 Djokovic v Tsitsipas had a H2H of 2-2. People were touting Stefanos as the next world beater. It’s now 10-2. Djokovic, like all champions, endeavors to make a statement against the up and coming champions. He’s added 5-10 pounds of muscle to his frame and is striking the ball as well as I’ve ever seen him. Under Goran’s tutelage, his serve has become a true weapon and his net approach and volley has gone from comical to skilled. It will be interesting to see what he brings to the court when he and Carlos play again.

I'm glad Djokovic's keeping up with his serving skills! It's usually the 1st thing to go! You don't have the legs to jump into the serve & really reach up the older you get! I pulled a stomach muscle or 3 going "Edberg!" When a player like Martina or Roger lose a few mph off the serve, it's attacked by the newbies! W/ today's rackets "you're done!" I know my service games were more work to win in the 90's! The ball could actually come back faster than the serve! Novak helps his own cause w/ a lit'l serve/volley action! He started that in their Paris Masters final in 2021! He's still scary, really making Novak work for it at times! :thinking-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: Jelenafan

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow, seeing Djokovic suffer against Korda and Halys(?) this week in an ATP 250 on his favorite surface is really eye-opening. Things are clearly hanging by a thread for him... :astonished-face::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::partying-face:

LongAlienatedArawana-max-1mb.gif

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Wow, seeing Djokovic suffer against Korda and Halys(?) this week in an ATP 250 on his favorite surface is really eye-opening. Things are clearly hanging by a thread for him... :astonished-face::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::partying-face:

LongAlienatedArawana-max-1mb.gif

That's funny coming from a fan who's fave player is 0-2 so far this season as Novak wins a warm-up event! Still fighting mental health I see! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did anyone see how Djokovic screamed at his own team and kicked one of them out of his box? What a mature person man child. :nono: :rolleyes: :help:

• Haha