Reactions
0ap3000000460559.jpg

SUNDAY, FEB 01ST 6:30 PM ET
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX STADIUM

Who wins?

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Brady and the Pats go four for six at the big game.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I will write something more later but I think Seahawks win by a decent amount assuming their secondary is intact after yesterday.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Seahawks take this , the Legion of Boom will rule supreme over the Emperor and the Evil Empire

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I guess it depends on whether the ball is deflated sufficiently. :devil

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
No idea...But I'm Hoping phor a Seahawks win, even iph they shouldn't even BE there.

Also...I don't like the photo in the original post. Russell isn't lepht-handed.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I will write something more later but I think Seahawks win by a decent amount assuming their secondary is intact after yesterday.

Some people at work think it's insane to bet against Billi and Brady!
I told them how about betting against the champs?

Tough pick indeed...

It may go one way, but I doubt it Darth!

I will pick in 11 days!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Pats lost their last 2 SB's to far inferior Giants teams than the Hawks team they will face. Green Bay's defense was seriously underrated going into that game, they were a bad defense the first half of the season and a well above average defense the 2nd half and when the stats added up at the end of the season they were middle of the road but that was misleading. I think the Pats are going to be gashed by Lynch and Wilson's running. They have a great secondary but they are not as quick as GB's front 7 and Wilson's scrambling will be a bigger factor.

On defense the Pat's 5 yard offense won't be effective enough vs. Seattle. The Packers had some success on the slants and quick passes but they have a much better offensive line. With Seattle there are times when the pressure is instantaneous and it will blow up a play. Green Bay's offensive line was outstanding yesterday. The X factor is actually Blount for New England. The Cowboys and Packers have shown that you can hurt the Seahawks with power runs up the middle. One of the stooge's many gaffes yesterday was not running Lacy enough early in the 2nd half and not running the type of plays that gashed Seattle in the 1st half. The Pats' problem is their offensive line and running back aren't as good as what the Cowboys and Packers have.

I honestly think people are reading too much into yesterday. The Seahawks sucked and managed to win one of the lowest quality games I've ever seen in the playoffs. Both those teams yesterday looked like 4-12 if we are being generous. To win a game while having 5 turnovers, 5 sacks, a lot of penalties and a lot of dropped passes has to be unprecedented. It takes incredibly awful coaching and messed up plays by GB to keep that game within 20 points.

Meanwhile the Pats beat a weak Colts team as expected and likely were very impressive given that score (no way in hell I was going to watch after GB endured one of the most pathetic losses in NFL history). But two weeks from now is a different matchup and one that won't be favoring New England at all. The one caveat for Seattle is their secondary. They say Sherman and Thomas will play but they are banged up.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The Pats lost their last 2 SB's to far inferior Giants teams than the Hawks team they will face. Green Bay's defense was seriously underrated going into that game, they were a bad defense the first half of the season and a well above average defense the 2nd half and when the stats added up at the end of the season they were middle of the road but that was misleading. I think the Pats are going to be gashed by Lynch and Wilson's running. They have a great secondary but they are not as quick as GB's front 7 and Wilson's scrambling will be a bigger factor.

On defense the Pat's 5 yard offense won't be effective enough vs. Seattle. The Packers had some success on the slants and quick passes but they have a much better offensive line. With Seattle there are times when the pressure is instantaneous and it will blow up a play. Green Bay's offensive line was outstanding yesterday. The X factor is actually Blount for New England. The Cowboys and Packers have shown that you can hurt the Seahawks with power runs up the middle. One of the stooge's many gaffes yesterday was not running Lacy enough early in the 2nd half and not running the type of plays that gashed Seattle in the 1st half. The Pats' problem is their offensive line and running back aren't as good as what the Cowboys and Packers have.

I honestly think people are reading too much into yesterday. The Seahawks sucked and managed to win one of the lowest quality games I've ever seen in the playoffs. Both those teams yesterday looked like 4-12 if we are being generous. To win a game while having 5 turnovers, 5 sacks, a lot of penalties and a lot of dropped passes has to be unprecedented. It takes incredibly awful coaching and messed up plays by GB to keep that game within 20 points.

Meanwhile the Pats beat a weak Colts team as expected and likely were very impressive given that score (no way in hell I was going to watch after GB endured one of the most pathetic losses in NFL history). But two weeks from now is a different matchup and one that won't be favoring New England at all. The one caveat for Seattle is their secondary. They say Sherman and Thomas will play but they are banged up.

Darth that was a brilliant analysis.. Seahawks got extremely lucky afterwards of playing lousy football for 55 minutes.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
My take...
I admit that I don't know much about New England. I am a Seattle phan, and I watch as many Seahawks games as possible...which isn't many, being that I live in Indiana. That said: Seattle got absolutely ZERO pressure on Rodgers, even when they blitzed. Iph they can't get any pressure on Brady, they are phucked. They also gave up damn near phive yards every phirst down until The Pack went ultra-conservative. In my opinion, iph Seattle doesn't utilize the zone read phrom the get-go, they could be phucked. I don't care how good/bad of a QB Wilson is...I still love him! He's a winner! I think that Blount and Maxwell are the so-called ex-phactors. Iph Blount has a good game, the Pats win. Iph Maxwell holds his own and doesn't get torched, then Seattle wins.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder if the NFL is going to wait to punish New England for "deflation gate". Just the next reason to hate this franchise with a passion. I really hope they get decked in the big game and wither away once and for all.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I guess I am rooting for the pats. Don't care for either team.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I wonder if the NFL is going to wait to punish New England for "deflation gate". Just the next reason to hate this franchise with a passion. I really hope they get decked in the big game and wither away once and for all.

I find it strange that the league requires each team to provide 12 balls for each game!
Is the NFL short of money or something?
It's like having Tennis players bring their own balls! Can you imagine that?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I have to admit I never realized that each team uses their own balls during games. I figured the balls used are provided by the NFL. The current setup is certainly asking for trouble. And as much as I hate the Pats this is a situation where we should also ask "how many other teams are doing it?" because it'd be naive to think some don't or haven't in the past.

But another article has come out adding fuel to the fire:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/deflategate-baltimore-ravens-indianapolis-colts-deflated-footballs-012115

Not that there should have been a question that this past Sunday was the first time the Patriots deflated their footballs...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Rumor was on Monday It will cost the Empire some draft picks

That's going to be the minimum. They really should come down hard on them given that they are not first-time offenders. Suspend Belichick for the Super Bowl and next season, and take away their 1st round pick in 2015.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kiu said:
I find it strange that the league requires each team to provide 12 balls for each game!
Is the NFL short of money or something?
It's like having Tennis players bring their own balls! Can you imagine that?

When you think about it, it's a very bad idea.

AP-Super-Bowl-Footballs-5-760x506.jpg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
Rumor was on Monday It will cost the Empire some draft picks

That's going to be the minimum. They really should come down hard on them given that they are not first-time offenders. Suspend Belichick for the Super Bowl and next season, and take away their 1st round pick in 2015.

The Emperor(Belichick) just threw the responsible back to the QB and the members of the Patriots organization. There is noway he will get suspended for the Super Bowl or next season, Kraft and Jerry Jones are the ring leaders of the NFL over the wimpy commissioner.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And Brady denies any knowledge too. What a shock! Clearly it was some random small-time employee on the Pats that decided to take it on himself to deflate the balls. Billy Boy and Thomas have no motives to lie about this right?

It will be interesting to see what happens here. They can't really prove Belichick or Brady knew about it so what kind of penalty can they give? And can they penalize Belichick if they simply choose not to believe him? Obviously this is not the court of law and it's clear that someone deflated the balls after they were presented to the game's officials. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was someone in the Patriot's organization.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
And Brady denies any knowledge too. What a shock! Clearly it was some random small-time employee on the Pats that decided to take it on himself to deflate the balls. Billy Boy and Thomas have no motives to lie about this right?

It will be interesting to see what happens here. They can't really prove Belichick or Brady knew about it so what kind of penalty can they give? And can they penalize Belichick if they simply choose not to believe him? Obviously this is not the court of law and it's clear that someone deflated the balls after they were presented to the game's officials. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was someone in the Patriot's organization.

Everyone knows it was Brady, no doubt he is guilty until proven innocent