Soccer/Football, The Beautiful Game

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nerves are building up for the big one... only prediction is that there will plenty of goals... I'm predicting GOALS!

The Liverpool army are en route... I wouldn't fancy being an air hostess on this flight...

We've conquered all of Europe
We're never gonna stop
From Paris down to Turkey
We've won the fucking lot
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly
The Fields of Anfield Road
We are loyal supporters
And we come from Liverpool
Allez Allez Allez

Reactions: Moxie

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Does anyone have any interest in the match between Fulham and Aston Villa? I'd like Fulham to win because Serbian striker Mitrovic is playing for them and he'd be full of confidence for World Cup if they get promoted.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Does anyone have any interest in the match between Fulham and Aston Villa? I'd like Fulham to win because Serbian striker Mitrovic is playing for them and he'd be full of confidence for World Cup if they get promoted.
I'll go for Villa. No way a club that size should really be outside the Premier League.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
3-1 Madrid.
Unknown.jpeg

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great goal from Bale, two horrific goalkeeping errors and Salah getting injured early on were the story of the day. Once Salah was out of the match, Liverpool looked half the team and Madrid dominated midfield.

I'm still shuddering about Karius blunders... I doubt he'll ever play for Liverpool again.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I'll go for Villa. No way a club that size should really be outside the Premier League.

I am very pleased it is Fulham, so we will have Mitrogoal aka Mitroglycerin and Mitro on fire during World Cup. ;-):

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
So, the England v Costa Rica match is at Elland Road, Leeds. I think it's about time they played more non-regional matches out of London. No offense intended to any Londoners who may be reading this but a lot of the main sports events in our country are in or near London. I know football & cricket is played in Leeds, Rugby is played in Wakefield, Castleford & Featherstone & horses race at Pontefract (it's in the park so I was often taken as a little girl as we stood round in the park or sat down on nice days which was rare as it always race on Pontefract race days rather than paying for the posh seats) but for other sports London has most of them. I have been to London, don't get me wrong but I went to see the King & I at the Palladium & I saw Buckingham Palace, had a look around Hyde Park & looked round the British museum which I enjoyed.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Liverpool have signed Roma keeper Alisson Becker for 67m UK (75m Euros).

The most expensive keeper in history. He's a good one though. I'm liking this move.

Last edited:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alisson is an excellent goalkeeper. Great signing by Klopp.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone watching the World Cup? USA beat France today. Pretty good match. Should have been the final.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone watching the World Cup? USA beat France today. Pretty good match. Should have been the final.
I watched a bit of it. The USA is the strongest team and they should win it, now that France is out of the way. I was surprised when no one went to celebrate with Rapinoe after she scored the second goal.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched a bit of it. The USA is the strongest team and they should win it, now that France is out of the way. I was surprised when no one went to celebrate with Rapinoe after she scored the second goal.
I think they did.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
US wins World Cup over Netherlands. Hurray!
1160608491.jpg.0.jpg

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This was the first full soccer game I've ever watched on TV I think. My best friend invited me over to watch and we went boating afterwards. It was alright to watch. One nice thing is there really isn't much stoppage in play unlike basically every other sport you can think of. Still not my cup of tea though or even close to it. I guess the men are playing some match today possibly just to qualify for an ass-kicking at next World Cup?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
This was the first full soccer game I've ever watched on TV I think. My best friend invited me over to watch and we went boating afterwards. It was alright to watch. One nice thing is there really isn't much stoppage in play unlike basically every other sport you can think of. Still not my cup of tea though or even close to it. I guess the men are playing some match today possibly just to qualify for an ass-kicking at next World Cup?
Best quality football you will watch is the European Champions League. Best club teams in Europe. Tune in in the fall for a couple of games when it starts. If that does not interest you, it just isn't for you.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Best quality football you will watch is the European Champions League. Best club teams in Europe. Tune in in the fall for a couple of games when it starts. If that does not interest you, it just isn't for you.

I watch too much sports as is. And I'm pretty sure it just isn't me anyways.