Site Maintenance

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Kskate if you are around at all,

I was trying to blog onto TF for over 4 hours
I kept getting a message on my lap top

" Has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.Please contact the website owner to inform them of this problem".
I'm very sorry to hear you had technical issues earlier.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Kskate if you are around at all,

I was trying to blog onto TF for over 4 hours
I kept getting a message on my lap top

" Has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.Please contact the website owner to inform them of this problem".

So sorry Margaret, I've been house hunting all day. There were no reported issues w/ BlueHost our provider. Like Trent said, it's likely related to your pc only. I'm glad everything is working again for you.

Reactions: Horsa

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So sorry Margaret, I've been house hunting all day. There were no reported issues w/ Blu Host our provider. Like Trent said, it's likely related to your pc only. I'm glad everything is working again for you.
No wories,problem has been fixed,it was on my end....thanks

Horsa

Reactions
No wories,problem has been fixed,it was on my end....thanks
I just had a problem "Security issue, please press back & try again" 3 times so it's not just you & I understand technical issues. Being obedient & perseverance was key for me. (Luckily it didn't take long for things to work again.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just had a problem "Security issue, please press back & try again" 3 times so it's not just you & I understand technical issues. Being obedient & perseverance was key for me. (Luckily it didn't take long for things to work again.
Good to know.

Horsa

Reactions
Sometimes deleting all cookies associated with the site will help, followed by rebooting.
Thank you very much for the information. I'll bear it in mind too. It would be nice if all these cookies were real. I love white chocolate chip & raspberry ones & chocolate chip & hazelnut ones. Am I on cuppa duty? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I haven’t heard of anyone else experiencing this problem, so it must have been a temporary glitch on your end. These things happen, and they’re random. I’ve had this kind of problem too when no one else was affected, as both @kskate2 & @Moxie can attest to.
Actually, I did have the same problem Margaret did, and AP said he did. But it seems to have righted itself, if neither you nor K fixed anything. My report came up as something like "this site is insecure." No changing of browsers allowed me in, but it was late, and I figured it was my computer, and this morning it was all fine.

Horsa

Reactions
Good to know.
My problem was probably an internet connection problem or problem with my computer because for a few minutes afterwards I got a "Site temporarily unavailable or moved" notice. Then I got it for all the websites I tried. I closed all my browsers then reopened them & my problems were solved.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Horsa

Reactions
Actually, I did have the same problem Margaret did, and AP said he did. But it seems to have righted itself, if neither you nor K fixed anything. My report came up as something like "this site is insecure." No changing of browsers allowed me in, but it was late, and I figured it was my computer, and this morning it was all fine.
I'm very sorry to hear people have been having technical problems.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm very sorry to hear people have been having technical problems.
Seems all fixed now. It's not unique to this site having to do with "security" issues, but I'm not sure where that comes from.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Seems all fixed now. It's not unique to this site having to do with "security" issues, but I'm not sure where that comes from.
Could be something to do with the SSL cert. I'll look into it.

Horsa

Reactions
I'm glad that everything is fixed now. I know. I've been blocked by my security features from a site where I was good friends with most people & had fun & fascinating conversations as well as playing poetic games with the poets & learnt from others until I got another P.C. They introduced me to another site which they were on before I had problems & a couple of people P.M.'d me on that site to see why I couldn't get on the other. The admin messed around for ages to try to get me on & told me to keep trying. I got another P.C. & the problem was solved. (I've had quite a lot of P.C. problems in the past. Luckily, I haven't had any really bad ones recently.)

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I meant you and K could attest to the fact that I’ve contacted you on previous occasions when I’ve had trouble connecting even though neither of you were, but good to know more about this most recent problem.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That's exactly what my alert said.
So I did check and in fact our SSL cert had expired on the 14th. These do expire every 90 days and the Blue Host software should automatically generate a new cert and apply it to the site. Apparently the mechanism that triggers it was broken. One had to be generated manually and applied. All good now. :good: