Please Read: TF Site Upgrade

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
PLEASE READ

You may have already noticed the discussion forum site has been upgraded. This was a necessary step as the existing software had to be upgraded before year end. The upgraded software will include all threads, posts and blogs. PM's created in the last 24 hours may not come over. You will likely be prompted to login the first time you visit the site since the upgrade has been completed.

Similar to when the site was first created, there will be a period of growing pains as we figure out how things work and adjust the site accordingly. Please be patient during this process and let me or Trent know if you encounter any technical issues.

CC: @britbox @tented

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I had to log in again and now find the forum has a new format?
Me too. I actually like the look of the new format & think it looks nicer. It still seems straight-forward to use though I'll have to have a look around & experiment with features a bit before being able to say what I really think but from what I've seen so far I like it.

Horsa

Reactions
Yeah - great new look although I had some problems finding the forums at first. Happy New year to you all.
Happy New Year!

Sorry for the late response but my laptop broke down & I had to buy another charger for my spare.

Horsa

Reactions
I've got a question that's not a problem as such. It's just got me wondering, that's all. What is the new logo in the top left-hand corner of the address bar supposed to be, please? I've been trying to work it out but drew a blank.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I've got a question that's not a problem as such. It's just got me wondering, that's all. What is the new logo in the top left-hand corner of the address bar supposed to be, please? I've been trying to work it out but drew a blank.

It’s the same logo it has always been, going back to 2013 - a woman playing tennis.

Horsa

Reactions
It’s the same logo it has always been, going back to 2013 - a woman playing tennis.
I see that too. I'm on about the blue & white ones that look similar to hi-fi tuning settings.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I see that too. I'm on about the blue & white ones that look similar to hi-fi tuning settings.

Do you mean that part outlined in red below? They're depicting chat icons for the discussion forum.

04119249-EACE-45D3-B675-16DBA905EC67.jpeg

Horsa

Reactions
Do you mean that part outlined in red below? They're depicting chat icons for the discussion forum.

View attachment 2955
1578514613409.png

No, I mean the 1 to the left of the https:// in the address bar of the screen-print I supplied & the open tab below.

Attachments

• 1578514612435.png
    1578514612435.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 139

Horsa

Reactions
It must have been a minor presentation error causing no problems (other than the 1st like I gave not registering until I'd clicked it 3 times) because I'm getting your blue, orange & white tennis player now. I'm very sorry for asking. It's just it baffled me what it was & I thought everyone was getting it & someone would know.

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It must have been a minor presentation error causing no problems (other than the 1st like I gave not registering until I'd clicked it 3 times) because I'm getting your blue, orange & white tennis player now. I'm very sorry for asking. It's just it baffled me what it was & I thought everyone was getting it & someone would know.

@britbox figured out what was causing the problem, and fixed it. Thank you for pointing it out. :)

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Tented, what is the difference between "what is new" and "new posts". We had just one thing before and I use that often. What should I use now as an equivalent of that (to find out the new posts since I last visited the site).