Site Maintenance

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The Frontier will undergo planned maintenance as we migrate the site to a new host. Tomorrow morning between the hours of 3am-5am Eastern time please refrain from adding any new material during the move.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
WARNING: Our host provider will be upgrading their network switches on Monday, March 13th at 10:00pm EST. The site could be down anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
WARNING: Our host provider will be upgrading their servers on Friday, June 16th at 3:00am EST. The site could be down for 60 minutes.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
WARNING: The Frontier will undergo planned maintenance on Sunday, August 11 between 4am-5am EST. Please refrain from posting any new material during the maintenance window.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
WARNING: The Frontier will undergo planned maintenance on Sunday, August 11 between 4am-5am EST. Please refrain from posting any new material during the maintenance window.
Thank you very much for the warning. I just need to know what time that is in G.M.T +1 please so I don't accidentally disobey you.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Thank you very much for the warning. I just need to know what time that is in G.M.T +1 please so I don't accidentally disobey you.

For the UK, add five hours to east-coast US time, so 9-10 AM your time.

Reactions: Horsa

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I received a message yesterday around 6pm Sydney time that my account has been suspended.I tried several times after that and kept receiving the same message.Today Thursday 22nd August everything is fine.

Horsa

Reactions
I received a message yesterday around 6pm Sydney time that my account has been suspended.I tried several times after that and kept receiving the same message.Today Thursday 22nd August everything is fine.
I got that this morning. Technical glitch.

Horsa

Reactions
I thought as much,I am glad I was not alone:)
That's why I told you. I wanted to reassure you that you were not alone & make you feel better. :0)

We both got suspended. We were both a couple of bad girls. Lol.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
@MargaretMcAleer @Horsa

The site’s host was doing unannounced maintenance, which is why you got that message. We had no idea this was coming, so we were as surprised as everyone else to encounter this.

Horsa

Reactions
@MargaretMcAleer @Horsa

The site’s host was doing unannounced maintenance, which is why you got that message. We had no idea this was coming, so we were as surprised as everyone else to encounter this.
O.K. Thank you very much. No problem.

I was just trying to reassure Margaret she wasn't alone to make her feel better & that's why I made the little joke about us both being bad girls to make her feel better.

You mean you were suspended too. That must have been annoying for you.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I got that this morning. Technical glitch.

Oops. I thought I am such a provocative poster that I got suspended (and it may lead to improved productivity at work). :confused:

You spelt doom for me. :p

Horsa

Reactions
Oops. I thought I am such a provocative poster that I got suspended (and it may lead to improved productivity at work). :confused:

You spelt doom for me. :p
Lol. Of course not. I had a day off yesterday as I work Saturdays but I got a lot of reading about archiving done & some sewing. Luckily I got to the interesting & useful parts. Improving productivity is good if you enjoy what you do & it doesn't involve technology nicking some of your jobs. By technology nicking some people's jobs I mean that old tills just held money & you had to work things out & write things down, when modern tills came out they started doing everything for you so all you had to do is ask for the amount, type it in, handle the cash & give the right change & also whereas when I was younger jobs requiring research had people looking through bookshelves full of books or libraries in some cases for the right information then sorting it out & putting it in order so it could be used for the right purpose, nowadays people just type 1 word into google & get all the information at their finger-tips. I think this turns staff into zombies & makes them lazy. As I work in heritage preservation, when I work in the shop I've got 1 of those old tills, however, although sometimes I get a chance to do research the old way when I'm archiving sometimes I've got to use google. I love working in heritage preservation though as it's fun & fascinating though it can be rather full on.

Lol.

I'm very sorry for the late response but I went to bed early as I knew I had a long day archiving today.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
WARNING: The Frontier's host provider will be upgrading their servers on Tuesday, April 27th from 11:30 PM - 12:30 AM EST. The site could be down for 30 minutes.

Reactions: Horsa

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kskate if you are around at all,

I was trying to blog onto TF for over 4 hours
I kept getting a message on my lap top

" Has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.Please contact the website owner to inform them of this problem".

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kskate if you are around at all,

I was trying to blog onto TF for over 4 hours
I kept getting a message on my lap top

" Has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.Please contact the website owner to inform them of this problem".

I haven’t heard of anyone else experiencing this problem, so it must have been a temporary glitch on your end. These things happen, and they’re random. I’ve had this kind of problem too when no one else was affected, as both @kskate2 & @Moxie can attest to.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
These things happen, and they’re random. I’ve had this kind of problem too when no one else was affected, as both @kskate2 & @Moxie can attest to.
Gosh! I'm amazed. Admins with technical issues. Now, that's a turn-up for the books. Now I feel guilty about when I over-reacted quite a while ago when you suggested a technical issue could just be on my side as I felt guilty because I mentioned an issue I had which wasn't a site-wide problem & I thought you were trying to be patronising when you were only trying to help. I'm very sorry about my attitude & behaviour towards you then. It was unwarranted.

Last edited: