WTA TOUR FINALS, Singapore

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Honestly I am not surprised Serena has pulled out of the end of year titles,she did say after the USO she was tired of playing injured in 2016.The recent shoulder injury apparently has not healed,also I feel age is also a factor in healing.I will be interested to see if Aga can defend her title.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Honestly I am not surprised Serena has pulled out of the end of year titles,she did say after the USO she was tired of playing injured in 2016.The recent shoulder injury apparently has not healed,also I feel age is also a factor in healing.I will be interested to see if Aga can defend her title.

Yeah, two in a row missed for Serena. Pretty easy to understand this isn't the most important show for her at this stage of her career.

I'm pleased to see my fave Cibulkova making her first End of Year finals.

Reactions: Tennis Fan

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
can't believe konta has gone from a rank in 100s last year to maybe qualifying for wta finals this year.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
can't believe konta has gone from a rank in 100s last year to maybe qualifying for wta finals this year.

Yeah, she's had a great year, although by my maths I don't think she can qualify now

One slot left and it's between Kvitova and Kuznetsova.

Konta is on 3,445.

Petra is also on 3,445 right now but will be on at least 3,515 after Luxembourg and upto 3,615 if she wins it (which is a strong possibility)

Svetlana is on 3,255 but will be on at least 3,375 after the Kremlin Cup and upto 3,540 if she wins in Moscow.

It's in Petra's hands... I think she makes it.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ I got Petra's points wrong. She can't make Singapore. She only had 2715 going into Luxembourg. It's a straight shootout between Konta and Kuznetsova. if Kuz wins the Kremlin Cup, then she's in. Otherwise Konta goes to Singapore.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, two in a row missed for Serena. Pretty easy to understand this isn't the most important show for her at this stage of her career.

I'm pleased to see my fave Cibulkova making her first End of Year finals.

So am I!

Reactions: britbox