Singapore Final: Serena Williams vs. Simona Halep

Who wins?

• Total voters

faradubii

Futures Player
Reactions
Halep in 2, if Serena will play at her current level from today. If Serena wants to win she needs her 100% level.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't think Serena needs her 100% level to beat Halep she certainly needs to be aggressive and keep the errors down against Halep. It will be an interesting match. I don't think Halep will see the Serena she saw the first time in RR though.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena. Totally different match in a final to a round robin. It affects players, and Halep will feel it. She'll sink, while Serena rises...

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
Halep is the type of player that has given Serena problem throughout her career, an retriever with power. If this were Serena from last year, I'd say no contest, because Serena was very consistent and wasn't pulling the trigger so soon.

I am not sure how this will turn out, Halep just beat Serena, and beat her bad, so she is confident.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
I took Serena in 2, I doubt she would lose to Halep again.
But, lets see how the 33 year old body holds up after the marathon match.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a no-brainer. Serena is not going to lose in the finals of WTAF. Lighntning cannot
strike twice in a week. Serena in straights and SImona will learn that in real life, nice girls
would finish second.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It is a tough call. Serena usually is a sure bet once she is in the semis or final of an event. One thing is for certain I hope she brings her serve and return with her to the final.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
I normally would NEVER vote against Serena in a final. Although I did. I think she's tired from this week and this year in general. After this I don't think we'll see Halep beat Serena again. Serena will figure out her game plan either in this match or next year.

I think it will be much more competitive but Im not sure Serena has the rest she needs to win this.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Halep inflicted one of Serena's worst loses,when she defeated Serena 60 62.Halep removed the issues I had with her in that match,she showed to me,She Believed.Belief is one of the most important elements any player can have,Simona passed that test with Flying Colours.It was a superb performance from Halep.

In the final I believe Serena will defeat Halep,she showed all the elements why she is the No 1 player in the world against Caroline.Caroline came close to defeating Serena in their s/final match.Serena has the will and determination when down in a match,to turn it around.

I hope it is a competitive final.Good luck to both players,who have earnt their place in the final.

Serena to defeat Halep in 3 sets and to defend her YEC title.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
0,,12781~13215037,00.jpg

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Voted for Serena in 3, but it will likely be 2 tight sets.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
I feel like Serena is rushing a bit too much especially on her serve.

That happens when you're nervous/anxious. She just broke serve again, let's see if it settles her.